Has Anyone Done The Catholic Trials Yet?? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
If i keep calling you arrogant then it's probably an indication that that's how you are coming across..
Oh, dear. You don't understand- I don't care if anyone thinks I'm arrogant.

If this is the only way you are able to get your points across then I fear you won't be a tutor for very long, unless of course the people who employ you are masochists.
Ok- let's get this straight. I was bolding and enlarging my font. Are you suggesting that, if I bold and enlarge my font, I'm going to be a bad tutor?

If my students aren't paying attention to something important, I would say it in a different tone, as you do in conversation, so they know it's important. This is exactly the same on the net.

My point was that the aggressive, attacking nature of your post was not helpful to creating a calm forum for communication and, for lack of a better word, 'tutoring' purposes.
My point is that calm forum communication is a waste of time. I could repeat myself three or four times, and the impact would equal bolding and enlarging font. If you want to be calm and all lovely, go somewhere where people care about being calm and lovely. For the mean time, everyone that wants to get higher marks can raise their hand.

If you argue that 'you can be both', please remember that, by the time people understand that you can't take the easy way out, I may have posted 1444 times. The HSC is about getting marks. If you want to be a laid-back calm person who lectures people for making things in large font, frankly- you suck.

People hire me because I'm a damn good tutor, my school hired me because I can mark very well, and apparently the BOS shares this sentiment.

I don't waste time, as 'wasting time' implies, it's a waste of time:)

Firstly, i have NEVER in my life advocated that taking 'the easy way out'
Yes you have. By stopping me from being blunt and honest, by being a waste of space with your 'be calm, be nice, you're arrogant' horseshit, you are advocating such a thing.

People do not listen unless you are frank. If you want to argue this, you'll have to argue with the marks I've gotten and the work I've done.

If someone is not mature enough to handle frankness, they are not mature enough to succeed. Unless, of course, you propose that I hold their hands while the do the exam and whisper answers in their ears?

however bluntness and honesty do not have to be the same thing.
Yet again, you've missed the point.

If I posted this- 'umm... excuse me, but in my humble and inexperienced opinion, you should do your work... thanks :O', or what I did post, I wonder which would have gotten the point across?

By placating people and treating them like equals, you undermine the fact that teachers should know best.

If i had a choice between 2 people's advice: both who were able to critique my work and help improve it i know i'd ask the person who gave constructive criticism and support whilst showing me what needed to be done to fix thigns or a person who insulted my intelligence by yelling and/or repeating themselves in a highly aggressive and critical way I know which one I'd choose
Wait- let me get this straight. (Please learn to use grammar marks, you're hurting my eyes).

You're splitting hairs. I do give constructive criticism. I could post at least 500 links to posts that are constructive and supportive.

I help people more than you. Wow, I insult people's intelligence- WHO GIVES A FUCK? Not me. Not the people that ask for help; because that's what they want, help.

I give the most constructive criticism in this forum. The most. I have no time to pat people's heads and make them feel better. That's why you're here. I'm just here to tell them the information.

So, next time I insult someone's intelligence, you can give them a hug and a tissue, because I'm sure they'll be crying :rolleyes:, but you can smile at knowing that: 1. They've gotten the help they've needed in the most concise way, and 2. learnt that you need to pull your own weight.

Next question?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
yes, i realise the grammar in that last section was atrocious, you just really weren't worth the effort. I was planning on answering your last post properly pwaryeux, but have decided not to waste any more of my time on you. i couldn't give a damn what you do doll, just don't take my posts out of context like you just did. i'm tempted to ask for what independent survey outside of pwaryeux-land voted you "the most helpful" person, but I think the forum is cluttered enough with your "ohmygod i'm so helpful so bow down before me and do exactly as i say or i'll keep yelling til you're too bored/tired to keep arguing" posts.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)