Have you ever tried to start a fashion trend? (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Ive tried starting fashion trends but they never seem to work :(
This thread is for you guys to state if you have ever tried to start a fashion trend and whether it has caught on!!
Go! :jump:

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Ive tried wearing different types of socks e.g. a fluffy sock with a stripy sock....that just went downhill...and tried wearing socks with sandals...all of those ideas just didnt work lol. Im not surprised. It looked pretty horrible :p
What trends have you tried to start??

MysteryGenius

HSC
fluoro shoelaces and knee-high striped socks lol I wasn't trying to start anything but people copied anyway

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Ive tried wearing different types of socks e.g. a fluffy sock with a stripy sock....that just went downhill...and tried wearing socks with sandals...all of those ideas just didnt work lol. Im not surprised. It looked pretty horrible :p
That's just wrong. Sorry, but it is.
Some girls wear socks with their peep-toe shoes. That weirds me out.

HSC
I think socks with peep toes can be cute:

I've never started a fashion trend, though when I was in HS I was the first girl in my grade to wear skinny jeans but that trend was going to spread like wildfire regardless of whether I had worn it or not.

Attachments

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
skinny jeans only work on girls imo. i h8 faggy guys who wear them

HSC
none, im not an idiot

bitumen

HSC
skinny jeans look very hot on guys

also trends can only really be started by designers and celebrities.

HSC
muhahahaha I assume that you weren't referring to something like this:

but going for something like this:

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
I wore a ruffled shirt to a costume party a while agoand got rave reviews, which prompted me to wear one to a non costume party recently where I got away with it so have began wearing them on occasions. For the large part I've gotten naught but praise or the occasional light hearted jab but I have only been wearing them amongst fairly effeminate types. To be fair I didn't so much start it as I saw Noel Fielding wearing one and copied him. Also I've worn my hair like Chris Colfer for a few years now and have noticed since Glee kicked off I've got from being in about 0.5% of guys with hair like that to about 5%.

I would also like to wear my cape when I find a suitable occasion, but I'm not holding my breath that one should arise.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Oh Iron!

Please provide a picture of said ruffled shirt, I am seeing nothing but Shakespeare.

Lentern

HSC
(that isn't Iron, although he does do a fair impression)
I like to think Iron had considerably more of a regal gravitas about him. I'm much sillier and more girlie. Plus I'm thinking about losing Thatcher, thought I was paying tribute to him but now I just seem to be confusing people.
It wasn't really shakespeare, worn with black jeans, it blured a funny line between indie and Elizbethan.
This is where I've been buying them.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TUXEDO-DRESS..._s_Clothes&hash=item3f07eb84d2#ht_2318wt_1139

I have the Black one and the white one.
This is the Noel Fielding one I fell in love with

But i've never one anything like it for less than $300.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)