help? drop bio or business studies? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey... i got 14 units..

stand. eng
SOR1
ext maths
phys
chem
bio
business studies

i wanna do 12units and i either drop business studies (boring) or bio (dont like it much). im leaning towards dropping business studies but then I'd still have 3 sciences. although apparantly bio is really easy..

so should i drop bio or business? and why?

thx for the help!

TBK11

HSC
hey... i got 14 units..

stand. eng
SOR1
ext maths
phys
chem
bio
business studies

i wanna do 12units and i either drop business studies (boring) or bio (dont like it much). im leaning towards dropping business studies but then I'd still have 3 sciences. although apparantly bio is really easy..

so should i drop bio or business? and why?

thx for the help!
well depends which you would like to do, i mean have a look at the prelim syllabus for both of those subs then decide which one ud like to keep if BS is boring then have a read at what u will learn u never know u might like it.

same goes for bio
have a look at the syllabus and see what u will learn u never know u might like bio also depends where ur headed for a career EG if u want to go towards Commerce drop biology if u wanna go towards Medicine/ Science drop business

that being said u DOnt Have to! just throwing in some suggestions to help u out :) eg me im heading towards medicine and i love learning about the human body and environment so i choose biology where as i got 100/100 for Commerce in yr10 but didnt go with business studies as i prefer biology over business studies as its interesting to me :D

to sum up go with what ud like to learn :) and if u didnt like it u can drop it in yr12 :D

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
There is so much content in Biology, so don't just assume it's easy. Especially when you haven't studied it yourself yet.

Drop Business. So what if you have three sciences? Or just keep it regardless. Or as TBK11 said, you can drop something in Year 12, and who knows? You may feel differently about a particular subject by then.

chaniie

HSC
i do business and so far i love it, and people say that boilogy is easy but there is a lot of content.

if you feel that you have done a lot of science and you want to write intead, then do business. you are doing standard english so maybe you will get higher marks in boilogy because it isnt so heavily reliant on writing.

goodluck ;)

HSC
yeah i hate english and essays.

i wanna do engineering in uni.. so yeah im more towards keeping biology.
i did commerce last yr and the business part got boring for me even though i get almost full marks for everything in commerce.

i'm dropping biology in yr 12 anyway so i'd have 10 units.. or i might end up keeping it.

i really only need 3u maths, phys, chem, SOR1, standard eng. others are just to fill up space

then again.. theres the case that if this yr i fail 3u maths and need to drop it when i've already dropped business studies... i cant drop ext maths anymore since i'd only have 11u. doesnt work out.

truestar92

HSC
hahaha im going to be biased and say do bio cos i like it
theres content but its not too bad its not like you need to write extended response answers like business! and since you want to do engineering niether will help !
but just pick the one you enjoy the most a feel you'll do best in!

bored.of.u

HSC
Drop bussiness considering your prepared to handle the work load of bio

HSC
how come everyone says bio is easy then?!?!?!?!?!

i dont want to do bio or business... but then i'd only have 10 units LOL

and i no commerce isnt like business. but its got related stuff.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC

Some terms, but that's about it.

That's like me saying Business Studies is similar to a BBusiness.

And besides, don't be so naïve in believing what other people have said about Biology. Make up your own mind, considering you haven't even studied it yet.

HSC

Why'd you pick them then?

Speak to your teachers or something, then drop the one you you're shitter at. If you hate one but you're getting good marks in it DON'T DROP IT. It's only two years..

&someone might say bio is easy which could be true, to them, but it might not be easy to you. Don't keep a subject because others told you it's easy. kay :)

Rainie

HSC
Don't drop either. Dude, you just started the preliminary course.

Personally, I did Biology for six weeks in the preliminary course and switched because I hated the content. I had an interest in it before the preliminary course, but the content in it put me off.

Don't listen to others, because ultimately it's YOUR HSC, not theirs. Have a contrast between the Biology/Business Studies Preliminary and HSC syllabuses. Better yet, wait until Term 4, when you really start the HSC course.

Good Luck.

KarenCn

HSC
if you must choose one, drop business
its pointless, if you like the commerce world, do economics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)