• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

holding hands :p (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
casmira said:
We've already established that the bible when it coins the earth made in 7 "days" doesn't actually mean 7 days that we live in. We don't even know if 1 day is 1000 years, the bible I remember had something like in "40 days" and it ended up being 500~ years. Tiana you know this one? something to do with daniels prophecy of jesus's birth
You got her name wonrg. How dare you?

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea, there are alot of wild confabulations that theists come up with to prove their holy scripture to be 'truth'.
If you think life has become what it is today, and that life itself as bueatiful, fantastic and divine as it is was started with by a series of events not controlled by a supreme beign, then you got yourself kidding.

Ask yourself this, did you yourself come into existance because of a few billion years, and series of events? Life is too divine, complex, world is too complex with life to just be simply done by chance and chance only.

Even if this world was covered with just single cell organsim (lets say bacteria) only, then i'd still be skeptical as too say was it created by a supreme beign (ie. God) or was it just "those good ol' meteor showers, oxygen, water, warmth [that could of been set up by god too sustain life but not create it]".

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So do u just not wanna do arch in general or just not arch at usyd?
I don't have the drive to do architecture. I think it's something that you really need drive to do. Personally tho while I think the uts/usyd architecture programs are superior to that of unsw... I do like the way unsw allows you to combine arch with for instance, arts.

If you think life has become what it is today, and that life itself as bueatiful, fantastic and divine as it is was started with "meteor showers, and volcanoes, and oxygen" then you got yourself kidding.
I actually think the universe is amazing, and many of the scientific explanations about the universe/life truely do leave me in complete awe. However on the other hand, if an omnipotent being created the universe... why should I be impressed? He's omnipotent! It's like david copperfield doing a simple card trick to try to impress us, sure it's pretty good... but he's so much better than that.

Ask yourself this, did you yourself come into existance because of a few billion years, and series of events? Life is too divine, complex, world is too complex with life to just be simply done by chance and chance only.
It's not chance and chance alone... the way scientists believe the universe came into being is actually a creative process. Just a down-up creative process, instead of an up-down (with a god). Also, just because I want something doesn't make it true. I could say to you - 'Ask yourself this, wouldn't it be awesome if you were secretly jessica alba's boyfriend and you just had amnesia and forgot?' but that's no reason to believe it now is it? 'Ask yourself this - wouldn't it be awesome if you had a million dollars?'...

Even if this world was covered with just single cell organsim (lets say bacteria) only, then i'd still be skeptical as too say was it created by a supreme beign (ie. God) or was it just "those good ol' meteor showers, oxygen, water, warmth [that could of been set up by god too sustain life but not create it]".
Yea but you're just looking for the easy answer that confirms your already held belief that was passed down to you by your parents. Seriously, the supernatural answer to all the worlds problems is just so easy..

You can use it to explain anything - no joke. I could say that you are really a girl and a supernatural being just makes it appear although you have a penis.

It's stupid - lets stick to reality, nature, or just come up with as many stupid theories that get us no where as we possibly can.

Last edited:

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Woah this thread turned into a religous/philosophical warzone overnight... what happened to un-religous/ un-philosophical hand-holding?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Lainee said:
Irrationality: People protesting against other's rationale for no sex before marriage because they themselves can't control their sexual desires. Irrational because people succumb to sexual urges all the time and some end up regretting it doesn't fulfill any long term emotional needs.

Rationality: To not be hurt, want until a union sanctioned by God allows you to discover your sexual wants and needs with someone who you completely trust will love you more than they love sex.

;) Said with love.
Irrationality: belief in a series of myths and fables most of which are unprovable.
Rationality: you're shit.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it is 'established'. By whom? By people trying to prove the bible. If you see an inconsistency somewhere, religious people go "oh that's actually because what it REALLY means is...". Then they argue that the bible was written by God's hand and as such is infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)