Holidays (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
Hey James,

Well, we are pretty much the opposite. I'm Italian who can't speak it and you're not Aussie (yes?) who can speak Italian.

Although if you asked me irl what I was I'd say I was Australian so meh.

Michelle.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I have trouble believing that you aren't Zach Henwood, given the subject choices changes you have been through. My friend(?) Zach has ended up choosing the same subjects, but he takes STR1 instead of ENGEX.

:)
its quite a common selection actually
zach henwood
sounds like a guitarist's name (lol wth)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
+1

I'm going to do a bit of study during January though, like a couple of pages/1-2 chapters per day or something.

Schoey93

HSC
Hey James,

Well, we are pretty much the opposite. I'm Italian who can't speak it and you're not Aussie (yes?) who can speak Italian.

Although if you asked me irl what I was I'd say I was Australian so meh.

Michelle.
yes, I'm Aussie ... I have an English (and some Scottish/Irish) background... but my family's been here for about 100 years lol

Edit: O didn't your parents speak italiano to you when you were a baby? Or they did and you just couldn't separate it from the English? :/

Schoey93

HSC
+1

I'm going to do a bit of study during January though, like a couple of pages/1-2 chapters per day or something.
Good idea, but only if you're doing it because you want to
Just don't feel like you have to!

when i get my textbooks I'll flick through them if I can be fucked (unlikely in the literal sense... :eek: lol ) and I'm currently reading Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles because it's interesting and funny (only funny because Tess thinks it's a crime for her to allow herself to be raped/seduced, what a weirdo...I can understand her pain but)

klaris

HSC
James:

We're not full blown wogs. My grandparents spoke Italian. Not my parents. I'm like 4th-gen.

The only thing tying me to my wogginess is my looks. Olive skin and dark hair.

Plus there is German/Dutch mixed in there too so idk...too much lol.

Also: is the Hardy book a hard read? It sounds interesting.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
hey guys, how have the holidays been so far?

and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Schoey93

HSC
James:

We're not full blown wogs. My grandparents spoke Italian. Not my parents. I'm like 4th-gen.

The only thing tying me to my wogginess is my looks. Olive skin and dark hair.

Plus there is German/Dutch mixed in there too so idk...too much lol.

Also: is the Hardy book a hard read? It sounds interesting.
Sorry~

Yes the Hardy book is a *somewhat* difficult read. Quite hard, because it requires a slightly above average vocab... eg words that mean "farmhouse" but they're not just farmhouse.

It's a good read but it's an epic...I've been reading it since AUGUST admittedly I stopped for 1 month but still. I'm only 1/2-2/3 the way through
Tess is interesting, but she's young: 19-20 years of age
So makes it relevant to me somehow... Tess is roughly my age... (I'm 16)

Schoey93

HSC
p.s. No cars in Tess to me makes it a bit more dull...horses and drawn carts are only a novelty for so long grrr MR hardy grrrrrrr

klaris

HSC
Sorry~

Yes the Hardy book is a *somewhat* difficult read. Quite hard, because it requires a slightly above average vocab... eg words that mean "farmhouse" but they're not just farmhouse.

It's a good read but it's an epic...I've been reading it since AUGUST admittedly I stopped for 1 month but still. I'm only 1/2-2/3 the way through
Tess is interesting, but she's young: 19-20 years of age
So makes it relevant to me somehow... Tess is roughly my age... (I'm 16)
Yeah, I've heard about it before. I think I'll read it now.

And it took me a month to read Nineteen Eighty Four. That is a lot for me, considering it usually only takes me a week to read an average sized book.

Don't worry. I'm not some freak who spends her time locked in room with books and coffee. My ride to and from school is an hour long. We make so many stops its not funny.

p.s. No cars in Tess to me makes it a bit more dull...horses and drawn carts are only a novelty for so long grrr MR hardy grrrrrrr
Bahahaha.

Someone needs to revise this.

Example a: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

No, what am I saying?

We'll I'll get reading then. I can't sleep.

klaris

HSC
I'd rather not say what route my bus takes or what school I attend in a public forum.

Also: The Hardy book is an EPIC.

Well done.

Name_Taken

HSC
If by bludging you mean not studying for a pretty damn far off exam, then yes most of us will be bludging this holiday.
If you're just sitting at home doing nothing, you may as well start studying, rather than wasting time by playing computer games or w/e.

Year 11 half-yearlies (some for us count as much as 20% of yearly mark) are week 8 first term for our school.

Its sooner than most people realize, though that said, of course everyone should have a bit of a break these holidays. You don't have to work like every day or w/e but doing something would help.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Chillax. :) and maybe take a glance at the year 11 syllabus.

ilikebeeef

HSC
I'd love to see if he burns out epically.
Burn out in YEAR 11? Lol...

u should study, coz thats what I did
bwahahahahahahah

just kidding. spend your last days of freedom in freedom :D
+1

Year 11 doesn't count to an ATAR...

Year 11 doesn't count at all towards HSC (except for maybe certain 1 unit and VET courses).
even in Maths, if you do Advanced/Extension - only 20% counts to HSC.
That's not true. Nothing counts. Unless you want to do MX2 in Year 12 and your school looks on your Maths Ext marks to determine whether they would accept you.

So to summarise, please stop dampening the cheerful holiday mood with your incessant talk about studying and textbooks... save that for the school year, please. Us normal people deserve and ENJOY our relaxing breaks! :)
+1 to above post.

Seriously. Give us all a break. We don't need ANYONE shoving study/homework/next year down our throats.

It is summer and we have weeks ahead of us to be lazy and just have fun and go out.

So, ninetypercent, in short, LEAVE US ALONE.

We don't need your crazy babble.
Yes, you should have a relaxing holiday, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't have an idea of how things work before you are involved. Better learn now than later... you'll realise you won't have much time.

4U maths candidates tend to be perfectionists! (Bring on the neg rep_)
That's bull. I do 4U and I'm not a perfectionist and neither are a majority of my 4U classmates.

ilikebeeef

HSC
I'd love to see if he burns out epically.
Burn out in YEAR 11? Lol...

u should study, coz thats what I did
bwahahahahahahah

just kidding. spend your last days of freedom in freedom :D
+1

Year 11 doesn't count to an ATAR... even in Maths, if you do Advanced/Extension - only 20% counts to HSC.
That's not true. Nothing in Year 11 counts for the HSC (except for maybe certain 1 unit and VET courses). The only thing to care about is if you want to do MX2 in Year 12 and your school looks on your Maths (Ext) marks to determine whether they would accept you.

So to summarise, please stop dampening the cheerful holiday mood with your incessant talk about studying and textbooks... save that for the school year, please. Us normal people deserve and ENJOY our relaxing breaks! :)
+1 to above post.

Seriously. Give us all a break. We don't need ANYONE shoving study/homework/next year down our throats.

It is summer and we have weeks ahead of us to be lazy and just have fun and go out.

So, ninetypercent, in short, LEAVE US ALONE.

We don't need your crazy babble.
Of course, you should have a relaxing holiday, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't have an idea of how things work before you are involved. Better learn now than later; you'll realise you won't have much time. Preparation won't hurt.

4U maths candidates tend to be perfectionists! (Bring on the neg rep_)
That's bull. I do 4U and I'm not a perfectionist and neither are a majority of my 4U classmates.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
HIP HIP HOORAY FOR HOLIDAYS.

I think I'm the most emotional BOS.

Most anxious about my SC results. (i was mental LOL)
Most excited about prelims.

Well this is just my opinion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)