• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Home and Away (6 Viewers)

HSC
Aww :(

dont you get youth allowance ?

And what exactly do your parents pay for? Just $25 per week and you have to spend it on food, printing, mag etc?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Nah just black and white, we also have a colour A3 printer, I did/still do have an ink jet printer I just didn't use it for awhile and the ink ran out and I haven't bought any since.

:( I don't qualify for youth allowance.

jirwin

HSC
not entitled to youth allowance... the most i can get is like $3 a fortnight and thats if i move out of home

they pay for internet, food, drinks, the normal water/electricity etc. dad gives me $25 a wk. he also brings home junk food occasionally like when its on special at woolies - but i either have to share it with mum or she also gets the same. mum occasionally buys me lunch down the street or when we go out and she is hungry as well... if she isn't eating - i have to pay

ARGH... mum's sending her friend up so i can do a dvd for her... and my room is a pigsty! it has cochlear implant notes everywhere and my bed isn't made :(

jirwin

HSC
she didn't stay thank god. hmm gotta love having 2 computers at this point

i ran around trying to clean for no reason!

HSC
jirwin said:
Nathan u have a laser printer at home! is it colour?

i want a laser!
Nathan you said you have a laser printer?

How do i miss this stuff?

How come you cant get it? both of you? Parents work?

Nathan she really like you, now just admit you like her coz the poor kid is practically telling you that she likes you and you are just plain ignoring her:mad1:

Its obvious that Jess likes you, now can you honestly say you do NOT like her? No you cant. Plus i dont buy the 'mother wants me to wok at shop where girl happens to have applied' tale :p

jirwin

HSC
Nathan said it in another thread - thought it was more chance of a reply if i mentioned it in this thread..

i want an a3 printer!

and yeah both parents work... mums a barmaid and dad's a technical supervisor dealing with shock absorbers and other things for trucks

HSC
I dont really like your mum Jess, your dad sounds great though :p

But why would she make you pay for the food? Does she pay you back?

jirwin

HSC
nope. i buy food as in maccas, chips, chocolates, icecreams, anything from the canteen.

ocassionally if i have planned a day ahead that i am buying my lunch from the canteen... like not a spare of the moment decision... then i can get a few dollars out of her but never enough to cover the whole lunch... like one day i wanted coke and a chicken and gravy roll... she gave me enough for the roll but i had to buy the coke myself

mum had a tough upbringing so thats probably why she doesn't give me as much - they had no money so she likes to have money in her purse... i fully understand that.. but a few extra dollars wouldn't hurt :p

HSC
i get the upbringing part but wouldnt that make her want to spend more on you and your siblings [if you have any]?

whats your dad work as Nathan?

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
my mum wont even pick me up from school on my early days... my friends dad picks us up like every second monday - sometimes every monday depending on what he is working... mum picks us up like twice a term if lucky.

i would be happy if she just bought tv week until i got a job. i would have to wait till Thursday to get it but i guess thats a small price to pay. just wouldnt be able to do the crossword during my monday free with my friends lol

EDIT: im an only child... she makes up for her upbringing thru hugs and kisses lol (she says that she missed out on them and doesnt want me to)

HSC
lol..hugs and kisses make up for alot of things :p i do get that she probably had many problems...just that she could try and give a bit more cash :)

its just that i compare my mum to your mum. :|

And my mum is the sort who thinks i would rathr my kids get whatever they want from me then from friends, or get it themselves when they're older etc

jirwin

HSC
i've gotten used to it... my pocket money goes up by $5 every birthday - cept it ends when im 18 lol but i think dad might give me money until i get a proper job.

when i had a part time job in yr 10 the rule was... if i earnt over $50 i wouldnt get pocket money.

i'm 18 in 3 months and 4 days btw

jirwin

HSC
when im 18 and have a job i have to pay $50 board... but mum has already planned that she is going to put it in a separate bank account for my uni fees... so its NOT that bad... she will still buy the main groceries etc... but i might have to get the odd bits and pieces if she is like "jess can u duck down the street and get this for dinner tonight" - i had to buy self raising flour the other day :( but thats only $1

jirwin

HSC
xoCandyGurlxo said:
Hi everyone!!! IM home on a saturday nite how sad! Looks like im not the only one thou!
i'm always home - its my parents that go out each week

dont know whether they are going out tonight tho.. i dont think so cos dad is like cooking a roast pork dinner... but i could be wrong they have surprised me more than once before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)