• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
KT, you dont feel ashamed or proud about being heterosexual bc it is a natural and good orientation that you have. I bet that you dont feel 'proud' about not killing people, but you might feel ashamed at being an alcoholic. These are moral absolutes; good and evil.
There's very little to say to the inarticulate homos here who are determined to add the vicious sin of pride to their sexual deviations... It is nothing less than spitting in the face of God

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I know what you mean, lols. With your example (being proud of being straight); being straight is a norm, I guess, so people wouldn't be proud or ashamed. But being gay is, like being part of a minority? I can't explain. It's like, if everyone had a high mark, then noone would be proud right? But if you are one of the few who had a high mark, say the 10% (much like the 10% of the population who are gay) then it's something you should be proud of? Is that right?
I think you would still be proud you got a high mark, even if everyone else did as well. Because you would be secretly relieved you didn't get the low mark and be the loser.

I acknowledge your minority explanation but it seems to me that by being proud of being a minority, you're still playing on this victimisation card in that homosexuals are a minority and therefore all homosexuals are victims. And it's like skin colour, ok you're allowed to be proud of your skin colour if you're a minority... yet if you're proud of your skin colour and you're white, you're a racist. So why not just say, "yes I am white and so", or "yes I am black lardy dar". Or "yes, I am a homosexual" but really unless someone asks you whether you're a homosexual or not, why should it even be a topic of discussion?

Ok so my theory is!

When we come to a resolution whereby sexual preference is not a determining factor in whether a person can marry, adopt, recieve the same financial benefits as heteros, etc, etc, etc, we will probably be in a position whereby nobody has to publically disclose their sexuality anymore.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
KT, you dont feel ashamed or proud about being heterosexual bc it is a natural and good orientation that you have. I bet that you dont feel 'proud' about not killing people, but you might feel ashamed at being an alcoholic. These are moral absolutes; good and evil.
There's very little to say to the inarticulate homos here who are determined to add the vicious sin of pride to their sexual deviations... It is nothing less than spitting in the face of God
Iron you answered my question for me, you articulate gay!

I knew I knew the answer to my question.

Perhaps the reason is in that people like you make homosexual people feel as though they have to announce to the world they are proud to be gay, as a reassurance to themselves. If this is the case, I am deeply saddened. I am saddened that they have to reassure themselves that it's okay to be gay because people like you make them feel otherwise.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Lol shut up you. I'm gay and I'm happy with who I am. I feel absolutely no shame with my "uniqueness". If god really does exist, then it is he who made me gay, he who gave me homosexual feelings and he who gave me these sexual urges, so far be it from me to not use these urges god gave me. If being with a guy makes me feel good and happy, then dammit I will be with a guy.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Lol shut up you. I'm gay and I'm happy with who I am. I feel absolutely no shame with my "uniqueness". If god really does exist, then it is he who made me gay, he who gave me homosexual feelings and he who gave me these sexual urges, so far be it from me to not use these urges god gave me. If being with a guy makes me feel good and happy, then dammit I will be with a guy.
Okay so this is what I mean.

You're at peace with being gay. It, in essence, is a part of who you are but it does not define who you are. So I can understand being at peace with your sexuality, given I'm sure you had doubts and reservations, but imo sexuality does not define the type of person you are. It just defines what sort of kinky shit you get up to in bed.

So this is why being proud of being gay is such a weird concept for me. Why not just be proud that you're a good person and that you have respect for yourself (and you just happen to like guys)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Perhaps the reason is in that people like you make homosexual people feel as though they have to announce to the world they are proud to be gay, as a reassurance to themselves. If this is the case, I am deeply saddened. I am saddened that they have to reassure themselves that it's okay to be gay because people like you make them feel otherwise.
Sure theyre looking to reassure themselves of the rightness of their sin. This is obvious.

Remember the words of the serpent - the catechism of Evil laid out in Genisis.
"Did God really say you cant eat the fruit?"
ie God is a liar
Eve replies that the forbidden fruit brings death, but Satan counters
"It will make you as God"
ie God fears your potential

So not only are these gays eating the forbidden fruit which only brings death, but they take the further meaning to insist -publically-that the fruit will bring them a revelation and experience that will enable them to rival God's truth - the idea that they can construct themselves a happiness and meaning away from God which always, surely leads to destruction

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Sure theyre looking to reassure themselves of the rightness of their sin. This is obvious.

ie God is a liar

So not only are these gays eating the forbidden fruit which only brings death, but they take the further meaning to insist -publically-that the fruit will bring them a revelation and experience that will enable them to rival God's truth - the idea that they can construct themselves a happiness and meaning away from God which always, surely leads to destruction
:cool:

cool story hansel

Lentern

HSC

ie God is a liar

Has it ever occurred to you that some less thick skinned catholics than I might take offence at the way you trivialize God's messages with this poetic nonsense?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Nothing has ever occured to you Lentern. You understand nothing about the faith that you pretend to be a member of.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Faggotry, otherwise known as homosexuality, is biologically improper. Homosexuality is purely based on sexual pleasure and does not involve the production of an infant; subsequently resulting in the downfall of birth rates and in turn the working class/human race.

Thus, homosexuality is murder.

Marxism says no to faggotry.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Hey no sort of.

When I think of proud I think of things like;
Wow I achieved a high mark or did something good or whatever

When I think of it in conjunction with sexual orientation, it doesn't make any sense to me. I think of it with the same example I just gave. The queer collective at uni is always badgering everyone, gay and straight, to hold a flame for those who are gay as though just being gay is like being Martin Lurther King or something.

So say you're a gay rights campaigner for marriage or whatever. If you're proud of being a civil rights campaigner that makes sense to me. But telling everyone you're heaps proud to be gay just doesn't make sense to me.

But I was asking for someone not shit to answer me, so Rob or Tim or Townie, this is your cue. Am I out of line here or is it just a really foreign concept.
Well maybe they personally had to overcome significant adversity in their lives in order to be openly gay, in which case it's a kind of achievement?

'pride' often refers to satisfaction with a particular achievement, but according to
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pride
it can also be used to describe "a feeling of self-respect and personal worth".

It's just expressing that they have self respect.
It's not the best word, the understandable association you've made with it being limited to specific achievement, as well as negative connotations what with being a sin and all.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yeah because the world's really fucking running low on people at the moment

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Well maybe they personally had to overcome significant adversity in their lives in order to be openly gay, in which case it's a kind of achievement?

'pride' often refers to satisfaction with a particular achievement, but according to
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pride
it can also be used to describe "a feeling of self-respect and personal worth".

It's just expressing that they have self respect.
It's not the best word, the understandable association you've made with it being limited to specific achievement, as well as negative connotations what with being a sin and all.
Okay but it's like me saying I'm proud to be a woman. I'm not, who cares? I was born a woman, it was not a significant achievement on my part.

But if I overcome adversity, i.e. sexism or sex discrimination in the workplace, it's because I am an awesome person, thus one would be proud with themselves or the effort they put in, I wouldn't say "I'm proud that I am a woman because I did this"..

It's a dead issue now, I get it. But I was confused.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

ie God is a liar

Show us, you blibbering meat sack, where it says in the bible that homosexuality is forbidden.

Then, I want you to honestly answer me, do you eat shellfish? Do you wear clothes made from more than 1 material? Do you masturbate?

The bible mention giants several times. THERE ARE NO RECORD OF GIANTS IN OUR WORLD! Or is it another god damn metaphor?

Genesis 28:10-28 - shows examples POLYGAMY and INCEST.

"And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many." Mark 14:22-24
I.e. jesus promoted CANNIBALISM

Leviticus 1:1-17 < Sounds like a cult.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Faggotry, otherwise known as homosexuality, is biologically improper. Homosexuality is purely based on sexual pleasure and does not involve the production of an infant; subsequently resulting in the downfall of birth rates and in turn the working class/human race.

Thus, homosexuality is murder.

Marxism says no to faggotry.
Don't talk about things in which your narrow mind cannot fully comprehend. You might hurt yourself.

It's not our choice to be homosexual. And I can assure you that homosexuals do have feelings of affection and love to those of the same sex.

Heterosexual relationships may result in an infant, but is that the point of a relationship? I thought that people enter into relationships out of love? I thought that people only get married to celebrate their relationship. To solidify their commitment. To declare their love for one another to the world. Do you hear people say, "I wanna have babies with you! Let's go out on a date!".

And also, what say you about orphans born from dysfunctional and heterosexual couples? Or those from rape victims? Seems to me like being a heterosexual isn't such a good thing after all now is it? Who do you think might want to adopt those poor children? Hmmm... THAT'S RIGHT! HOMOSEXUALS.

And please freshen up on your definition of murder. It's quite embarassing really. Murder is defined as the UNLAWFUL KILLING, WITHOUT LEGAL JUSTIFICATION OR PROVOCATION.

We are also at threat of overpopulation, which leads strain on resources, environment etc. So in a way, homsexuals may save the world and our economy. :D

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Okay but it's like me saying I'm proud to be a woman. I'm not, who cares? I was born a woman, it was not a significant achievement on my part.

But if I overcome adversity, i.e. sexism or sex discrimination in the workplace, it's because I am an awesome person, thus one would be proud with themselves or the effort they put in, I wouldn't say "I'm proud that I am a woman because I did this"..

It's a dead issue now, I get it. But I was confused.
Sounds like you were making a mountain out of a molehill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)