• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (4 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Rather than using the words 'wants to be gay' what about 'wants to practice homosexuality'? Since, as far as I know, most churches don't object to homosexuality, but the practice of it.

Does that fit better- or did I totally miss your point or something?
Alright, So I'm allowed to be gay. Yet, I'm not allowed to "practice homosexuality". So what is the point? Are homosexuals meant to be alone? We obviously can't go with females right? Doesn't my my actions define who I am?

Lentern

HSC
The prodical son was not *thrown* out of home; he freely chose to leave it because he could not obide the rules. The father's reaction was not scorn, but rather an intense respect of the son's freedom - even to the extent of providing him with his inheritence! But the son's experience of the world ended as it always must; living with the pigs. Yet he had enough humility and sense to know that it was still better to return to the father rather than live out this painful existence away from Him in pride and suffering.

So, like, the son wasnt saying "God made the pigs! If i'm sufferering, then it's because he wants me to!" He knew that God intended that he be happy and living with dignity, peace and joy. To gain this, the son had to make the decision to swallow his pride and return home
Who said anything about the prodigal son? His point was a good father as you and I both believe God to be, would not throw his son to the dogs merely because his son found a harmless act to be pleasurable. He is not talking about gays who turn away from the father but people like Michael Kirby who still love Christ and want to live with the father when they leave this world but are attracted to men.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I'll give you a nice analogy.

You are allowed to have a gun licence. However, you aren't allowed to shoot people with your gun. You can certainly envisage shooting people in your mind, however, it would be wrong to actually shoot people with the gun, irrespective of whether they want to be shot. Just because somebody asks to be shot in the head, that doesn't mean that you should do so.

Get it now?

Anyway, there's no such thing as gay, there's only a mid-life crisis, or pre-mature mid-life crisis as you appear to be suffering from.
So you're comparing shooting people with a gun to homosexuality...

Because they both obviously cause death and destruction.

Oh wait, isn't that homophobia that spews hate and incites violence?

:rolleyes:

Lentern

HSC
That's precisely what I was alluding to. If you didn't understand that then you may have learning difficulties. Unfortunately, homosexuality, or the mid-life crisis as it should be put, has compounded the AIDS/HIV epidemic. So yes, it obviously catalyses death and destruction.
Sex compounds the the aids epidemic period. Perhaps we should damn the sexually active and encourage procreation through cloning technologies.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
No, bum sex in particular compounds the problem.
There are a number of heterosexual people who engage in anal sex too. It's not restricted to gay males.

Also, what about lesbian sexual behaviour? I wouldn't really say that female-female sex has "compounded the problem".

All that being said, it's important to note that not all homosexuals will contract or spread HIV. It's an issue but lately, especially with what's happening in Africa, it's a much more widespread problem with a number of different reasons for that.

Homosexuality does not equal death and destruction. If you equate one safe sex act between two people of the same sex with the singular act of shooting someone in the chest... Yeah, no. Doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:
HSC
Not as bad as homo bum sex though. Now there's a problem.

This wouldn't happen if people tested b4 sex or just waited to sex up their lover in marriage after a test.
Globally, the majority of people with AIDS contracted the virus through heterosexual sex.

The problem isn't gay sex; it's a lack of safe sex.

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Nah it's true. Lesbos are fine, they really are. When they finally awake from their craziness and see the error in their ways, then they'll marry a man, start a family and live happily ever after. The homo man on the other hand. :angry:
Fuck your posts makes me wanna projectile vomit.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Globally, the majority of people with AIDS contracted the virus through heterosexual sex.

The problem isn't gay sex; it's a lack of safe sex.
And that buts aren't made for penetration, so tearing, bleeding and hence blood transfusion are more likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)