Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters
X

xeuyrawp

I don't think many people are getting married with an expectation of divorce in the forseeable future. The vast majority of divorced couples would have been at one time, sure in their mind that they would be partnered for life. Those getting married would agree it's ideally a life long contract, but no matter how hard they work on it, many people simply prove to be incompatible.
http://xkcd.com/216/

proletariat

HSC
This is for the christians. I got it from totse, which may be illegal for discussion in BoS but I haven't read any rule on it yet, so yeah:

http://www.totse2.net/totse/en/religion/christianity/sexingodswords192134.html said:
Even though the Bible has numerous references to homosexual activity, many Christians believe that God hates fags.. Of course they often ignore the fact that Jesus participated in what could only be called "man-boy love" and one of God's most favored men, King David, was a "flaming fag" himself. Now I myself think that people can do whatever they want. If God hates fags, then he never should have made the potential for genetic diversity. Christians are afraid to learn that homosexuality is due to genetics because that makes it God's fault. Ask the next one you see why God makes Downs Syndrome children or any other genetic mutation, and they'll duck and dodge, falling back behind the curtain of "the mysteries of God."

The biblically famous David had a homosexual relationship with King Saul's son, Jonathan. When they first met, they became "soul mates" in an encounter best described as "love at first site" (1 Samuel 18:1-5). Jonathon loved David even more than his own father, putting himself in harms way to protect the life of his lover, David (1 Samuel 19:1-7). King Saul became jealous of David and was determined to kill him. This made Jonathan so upset that he couldn't eat. Jonathan then snuck off to a field to lay with David, holding him in his arms, kissing and weeping like the lovesick couple they were (1 Samuel 20:31-42). When Jonathan's father, King Saul, found out about the homosexual affair, he confronted Jonathan with the fact that he knew that he was gay and then he blamed it on Jonathan's mother, calling her "perverse" and "rebellious" (1 Samuel 20:30). Later when Jonathan died, David admitted that [Jonathan's] "love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women." (2 Samuel 1:25-26) The Bible claims that homosexuality was a punishment which God gave to those who worshiped idols or committed other forms of blasphemy. (Romans 1:18-27).

Indeed the Bible is full of anti-homosexual laws, claiming that homosexuals are in the same class as thieves and murderers (1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, Leviticus 18:22, 20:13).

The Bible even condemns cross-dressing, calling transvestites an abomination! (Deuteronomy 22:5)

Jesus' homosexual activity has been demonstrated in modern theater and cinema and can be traced to actual biblical passages. From the modern Christian model, we can assume that Jesus loved all of his disciples, yet the Bible specifically describes one disciple as "the disciple that Jesus loved" (John 19:26, 20:2, 21:7,20). This disciple is described as "lying on Jesus' breast" at the last supper (John 13:23, 25). What Jesus did with this specific disciple to earn him the title "the disciple that Jesus loved" can only be imagined but it's not too difficult to get a pretty clear picture seeing them snuggling with each other in public. Jesus himself was a homo. This is further supported by scriptures which describe Jesus displaying inappropriate behavior for a man to be showing to other men, such as lust (Mark 10:21), suggesting that men should be kissing him (Luke 7:45), describing men sharing the same bed (Luke 17:34), etc.

When Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane, he left his disciples who were sleeping and went off, returning several times to check on them (Mark 14:37-41). When Jesus came back after the third time, there was a young man following him with only a linen cloth wrapped around his naked body. When the guards tried to grab the young man after grabbing Jesus, the young man dropped the cloth and ran off naked (Mark 14:51-52). Who was this scantily clad young streakier and why was he returning with Jesus? What had Jesus REALLY been doing with a naked young man that night in the garden? The "Secret Gospel of Mark", known from early Church father, Clement of Alexandria's (150-230 C.E.) letter to Theodorus contains excerpts which include the following

"...the young man, looking at Jesus, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him...they went into the house of the young man, for he was rich. And the young man, looking at Jesus, loved him...and after six days Jesus gave him an order; and when the evening had come, the young man went to him, dressed with a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, because Jesus taught him the mystery of the kingdom of God."(Secret Gospel of Mark).

What exactly is this "mystery" of the kingdom of God that Jesus spent all night showing the scantily clad young man? This very suggestive passage was inserted in the canon of the orthodox Alexandrian Church of Egypt. Some scholars say that it should be inserted in our modern Bible after Mark 10:34. The naked man incident is always left out of Easter pagents for some strange reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewiJapper

HSC
proletariat said:
This is for the christians. I got it from totse, which may be illegal for discussion in BoS but I haven't read any rule on it yet, so yeah:
+1. That was a really interesting little essay you found there. I'm not personally christian and I highly doubt the fact Jesus was a homo himself but there are discrepencies and misconceptions through the bible like that scantily clad boy.

I find the first two paragraphs REALLY good though. I'm intrigued to see what Name_Taken rebuttles with...

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
+1. That was a really interesting little essay you found there. I'm not personally christian and I highly doubt the fact Jesus was a homo himself but there are discrepencies and misconceptions through the bible like that scantily clad boy.

I find the first two paragraphs REALLY good though. I'm intrigued to see what Name_Taken rebuttles with...
Come now guys, let's not be mean. Name_taken is not obligated to answer to anyone...

although.... i too am intrigued :D

hit it name_taken!

HSC
Oh jeez, cut Alex (Not Iron Alex, Name_Taken Alex.. You know what I'll call you Alex No.2) some slack! His posts are incredibly long, and I swear those are crazily long posts..

Are you going to major in English/Religious Studies Alex No.2? (Interest)

It'd be weird if Jesus was gay, because then the whole Christian community would have to question its beliefs. Then they'll start calling Jesus Satan, and say that Satan is Jesus or something..
Is Iron called Alex too? How weird. I wonder where he's got to. And yes, even if I don't agree with Name_Taken, I admire his dedication, because I really couldn't be bothered to post replies as long as his.

X

xeuyrawp

Oh jeez, cut Alex (Not Iron Alex, Name_Taken Alex.. You know what I'll call you Alex No.2) some slack! His posts are incredibly long, and I swear those are crazily long posts..

Are you going to major in English/Religious Studies Alex No.2? (Interest)

It'd be weird if Jesus was gay, because then the whole Christian community would have to question its beliefs. Then they'll start calling Jesus Satan, and say that Satan is Jesus or something..
Do you honestly think before you post? Or do you just shit on your keyboard and hope for the best?

kelly tully

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lock thread.

Start again.

MingX, SeCKSiiMiNh and idk, some other tards - you're banned.

Name_Taken

HSC
Lol dude, originally I started out systematically going through all the various pieces of BS within this argument with Bible quotes and everything lol, but then I realised it was probably all in vain, so I stopped. This is because of three main reasons.

1) This isn’t your argument, you simply copied and pasted it from a random website. Anyone can do this, but it just defeats the purpose if all we are doing is copying walls of text at each other.
2) As you didn’t write this argument, I doubt (no offense meant) your ability to actually defend it against any points I bring up against it, so me taking the time to go through all of it would actually be sort of a waste on my part, as it probably won’t lead into any further discussion between us or continue the debate.
3) The argument is irrelevant because it doesn’t matter if Jesus was gay. :haha:

I will address this though:

Even though the Bible has numerous references to homosexual activity, many Christians believe that God hates fags.
Firstly, a reference to something doesn't mean the Bible promotes or condones a behaviour. The Bible features incest, adultery and murder, but it doesn't support any of them, just as it doesn't homosexuality. But anyway....

And lol those people are just idiots, and in all honestly even as a Christian I would deliberately distance myself from them. Just so you know, I have never made such a stupid assertion myself in this thread, nor would I support one who did.

God hates sin, God loves all people, but all people sin (each in different ways to others OFC). Homosexuality is one sin, murder, theft, slander, sex outside of marriage, not obeying your parents etc. etc are others. There are a lot of sins, and everyone is guilty of perpetrating one or the other (actually a lot of them really) at different points in their lives. This means that gays are no worse (or better) than anyone else in the long run.

Basically Christians have a moral obligation to oppose sin (every sin). Now we’re no-where near perfect and sin ourselves a lot, but the difference is, we recognise when we do, and we appreciate that such behaviour is unacceptable, and try to avoid doing it in the first place. The (main) criticisms towards homosexuals from Christians is the blatant pride many gay people take in sinning as well as the various movements, promoting homosexuality as normal and acceptable, when frankly it isn’t.

To say "God hates fags" however would demonstrate a severe lack of understanding of the Christian faith, in fact neglecting one of the core messages which echoes throughout both the Old and New Testaments; basically the notion of to “love thy neighbour”. When Jesus was asked to summarize His religion, He said to “love God and love your fellow man”. I would argue, people supporting the notion that “God hates fags” are doing neither (and definitely not the second to say the least).

Now in all honestly I wouldn’t be bothered if Jesus was in fact gay/bi (however just so you know the “evidence” presented in the article is like to be frank; totally pissweak). What you fail to realise is being gay is not a sin in itself. It’s having homosexual sex, or “lying with another man as you would a women” which is the sin. Christ abstained His entire life, and so even if He was gay He successfully resisted the temptations that would have led Him into sinning. Even if Jesus was gay (which we have no evidence to support the notion but w/e), it doesn’t demonstrate that gay sex is acceptable, nor would it present a contradiction in the Bible’s message regarding homosexuality. It is preferable for a person to abstain their entire life (both straight and gay people). However, if a person is unable to do so, marriage (to one of the opposite sex) and subsequently sex within marriage exists as a morally acceptable alternative.

NewiJapper

HSC
Neither, the thread is getting pointless. Everyone just keeps going around and around in circles ridiculing each other of each others beliefs in what is or isnt right. I'm surprised someone hasnt been murdered yet with all the posts :p

^note the sarcasm.

kelly tully

Banned
HSC
N/A
The thread is stagnant.

It's too big.

Potentially scares off fresh blood wanting to discuss the topic.

etc.

Zaza101

HSC
its against my religon so, no.

Edit: I do not support it but i dont discriminate against people who are. i tend to accept peoples opinions no matter how different they are.

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
I was a christian before i realised i was gay, but i still go to easter and christmas services but thats about it. I don't follow the bible or its own code of morals and so forth but I do hold the belief that something must of created us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)