Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

klaris

HSC
Stop arguing everyone! You're giving me a headache just skimming posts.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Basically the only people who disagree with BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS FOR OTHER HUMAN BEINGS

are

let me guess

christfags?

[/thread]

NewiJapper

HSC
kelly tully said:
I just don't think I have the energy for this anymore.

I feel exactly like you. Shall we start to boycott the thread? haha ;)

I don't feel need to argue with you anymore Name_Taken, homosexual marriage and social acceptance will be as common as mcdonalds in the future and as always some people will oppose it like how some people don't like mcdonalds.

You catholics are just gunna have to deal with the shit or go find another planet where you can start again with the disillusioned morals.

PEACE OUT.

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC
I don't feel need to argue with you anymore Name_Taken, homosexual marriage and social acceptance will be as common as mcdonalds in the future and as always some people will oppose it like how some people don't like mcdonalds.
Yeah, because we all know McDonalds is really good for you as well.

HSC
Yeah, because we all know McDonalds is really good for you as well.
Just because something is bad for you doesn't mean it should be illegal, so even if gay marriage was bad for society, which I don't think it is, that doesn't mean it necessarily should be illegal. I mean, McDonald's has caused so many health problems, but it's still not banned.

Not that they warrant comparison, but you get my drift. The law can only protect society from itself so much.

Name_Taken

HSC
Lol, there are still married homosexuals out there, you know. The divorce rate between heteros being higher than that of homosexuals doesn't mean that there are no homosexual marital couples. There of course is a smaller group of these homosexual married couples, but the percent of them getting divorced compared to the percent of heteros getting divorced is significantly smaller as well.

in the end you just misunderstood my statement.
Lol I knew what you meant by "divorce" rate, I was only having a bit of fun ;)

But I do disagree; homosexuals actually are statistically more promoscious and are more likely to engage in "unsafe" sexual practises (w/o a condom etc, resulting in higher probability of STI's spreading etc.). Not to say that heterosexuals don't do the same (because obviously many do), but percentage wise they are less likely to do so.

Now that you bring it up, I am stronly opposed to divorce in general, obviously there are situations when it is required and so I am not advocating it be made totally illegal (in the cases of abusive spouses etc), but marriage is ideally a life long contract, and I wish people treated it as such and did not take the flippant attitude that many do. If you're not sure you can live with someone for the rest of your life, then either give yourself more time to make up your mind or don't commit your life to them.

If you can't last the distance, the answer is simply not to run the race.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I don't think many people are getting married with an expectation of divorce in the forseeable future. The vast majority of divorced couples would have been at one time, sure in their mind that they would be partnered for life. Those getting married would agree it's ideally a life long contract, but no matter how hard they work on it, many people simply prove to be incompatible.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Just because something is bad for you doesn't mean it should be illegal, so even if gay marriage was bad for society, which I don't think it is, that doesn't mean it necessarily should be illegal. I mean, McDonald's has caused so many health problems, but it's still not banned.

Not that they warrant comparison, but you get my drift. The law can only protect society from itself so much.
or ciggies! (or should we use the term fags? - pun intended :music:)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Now that you bring it up, I am stronly opposed to divorce in general, obviously there are situations when it is required and so I am not advocating it be made totally illegal (in the cases of abusive spouses etc), but marriage is ideally a life long contract, and I wish people treated it as such and did not take the flippant attitude that many do. If you're not sure you can live with someone for the rest of your life, then either give yourself more time to make up your mind or don't commit your life to them.
Then why aren't you brandishing your pitchfork outside parliament house and demanding an amemndement in law then instead? :D

If you can't last the distance, the answer is simply not to run the race.
People cheat, make mistakes, wind up in gaol, simply stop loving each other etc etc etc or in short irretrievable break down in marriage.

Name_Taken

HSC
@ Name_Taken

You don't know whether or not you can last the distance before trying it out!:)
Lol, I see what you mean, but the idea (I know it doesn't always work in practise) is that you have lived with the person for long enough to be "sure", and that you make the very serious committment to be with them for the rest of your life, for better or worse.

Obviously no-one wants to be stuck married to someone they in fact don't like at all, but thats the point, you shouldn't have married them in the first place. The easiest solution would simply be to wait until you are trully ready to make the commitment, besides you will probably have been in a relationship with the person for quite a while before you do get married (that is if you do).

I know nobody goes into marriage with a totally flippant attitude (well I guess Britney did but w/e...) but thats not the point, you have to assess what your relationship may look like in the future, be it a year 10, 20 or 30 years etc.

Name_Taken

HSC
Then why aren't you brandishing your pitchfork outside parliament house and demanding an amemndement in law then instead? :D
Lol dude I can't even vote yet :(
My opinion on these issues (which frankly aren't even "frontline" issues anyway) isn't quite the top priority for governments in this country.

Other than that, I imagine the Aboriginal Tent Embassy has already taken that prime piece of real estate in preparation of Australia Day. To be fair, IDK if they are there ATM, but they often are for events like this.

People cheat, make mistakes, wind up in gaol, simply stop loving each other etc etc etc or in short irretrievable break down in marriage.
The world is hardly a perfect place, humans are definately not perfect either.

Its not the existence of things like this which are damaging the integrity of marriage (they have always existed), its the acceptence of them (yes some more than others), but divorce is just abused as a cop out (not all of the time, but a lot of the time). It is meant to be a committment, you can't just bail when things take a turn for the worse.

Sh!t happens, but that doesn't mean its ok, or that we should stop trying to fight it or prevent if from happening where and when we can. Its this resignation, under the vague guise of "oh nah its ok" that is really going to cause the hurt down the track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)