Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
One doesn't have to think hard to demonstrate that same-sex couples aren’t as effective as heterosexual couples. Where do kids primarily learn things such as what’s okay and what’s not, how to treat each other, etc.? From their families. They see what goes on at home and that is their primary example to model. Boys need their fathers to see what men act like, girls need their mothers to see how women act (generalisations I know, but its truthful). And both need to see the opposite sex to see how it’s proper to treat the other. (Are they respectful to one another, etc.)
Except that the research I posted above shows that that is not the case.

Its a fact that in the Middle East and much of Africa homosexuality is punishable by death, or if the judge is feeling kind, life imprisonment. Yes some countries are far more liberal than us in terms of gay marriage, but others are not. Sweeping generalisations do not assist you in making your point.
Do you agree with those countries?

NewiJapper

HSC
Name_Taken said:
then it won't in fact be your kid.
I'm fair sure adopting a kid with legal adoption papers and procedures ensures the child is my kid.

Name_Taken said:
One doesn't have to think hard to demonstrate that same-sex couples aren’t as effective as heterosexual couples.
Correction, You don't have to.

Name_Taken said:
I am saying that male-female parents are the ideal thing.
That's what the bible says, hence why you say it.

Name_Taken said:
There needs to be more adoption certainly, and less premarital sex that brings kids into unwanted families, certainly. But that doesn’t mean that we let homosexual couples adopt to remedy that.
From my knowledge we can't physically have premarital sex and pop out a baby if we dont want to adopt?

Name_Taken said:
Its a fact that in the Middle East and much of Africa homosexuality is punishable by death, or if the judge is feeling kind, life imprisonment. Yes some countries are far more liberal than us in terms of gay marriage, but others are not. Sweeping generalisations do not assist you in making your point.
I would have trusted you would have used my "generalisation" to see my point. Not take it out of context into a bad thing. Yes there are some bad places that condem homosexuality more than your kind and there are some nice places. I was reffering to nice place and the context of my comment reffered to that too :p

Name_Taken said:
defiling marriage is not the answer
"We" are not looking to defile marriage, we are just looking to be equally treated and respected. Christianity is your life choice, why can't you respect ours?

Name_Taken said:
just stop acting as if the reason why gays aren't smiled upon by everyone is because they don't yet have marriage "rights" and that its all going to change if they do.
I never said that. I'd like to know how you will go in your first year of English in year 11. You should do good if your bullshitting skills are to this extremity.

Name_Taken

HSC
Except that the research I posted above shows that that is not the case.
Kway, I looked but I can't like find copies of the actual papers themselves. Can you just explain them briefly (one or two should be fine - presuming you're familiar with them yourself). Vague method used, what was tested, and ofc results.

Thanks a lot.

I hope you accept that I can't make a comment until I've had the chance to actually see/understand what it is they say.

What I am saying the pitfalls of same sex "parents" with adoption are probably not those measured in the various trials you provided. I have no doubt whatsoever that a kid raised by same sex parents would recieve similar grades at school and earn the same when they get a career etc, but there is obviously far more to successful parenting than what I suspect has been objectively tested for by these studies.

Do you agree with those countries?
;)

...Lol ofc not what do you think I am? I can't fault their zeal however, I just disagree with their somewhat brutal modus operandi.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Kway, I looked but I can't like find copies of the actual papers themselves. Can you just explain them briefly (one or two should be fine - presuming you're familiar with them yourself). Vague method used, what was tested, and ofc results.

Thanks a lot.
Read the abstracts, they should give you enough information.

I hope you accept that I can't make a comment until I've had the chance to actually see/understand what it is they say.

What I am saying the pitfalls of same sex "parents" with adoption are probably not those measured in the various trials you provided. I have no doubt whatsoever that a kid raised by same sex parents would recieve similar grades at school and earn the same when they get a career etc, but there is obviously far more to successful parenting than what I suspect has been objectively tested for by these studies.
That is not what was "measured". If you read the abstracts, you'll find that they examined many factors - psychological development being the one of most interest to you, I should think.

Name_Taken

HSC
Read the abstracts, they should give you enough information.
Can you link please, I've "googled" them but without success. I get various lists and bio's of the researchers but not the original paper. IDC one or two should be enough.

That is not what was "measured". If you read the abstracts, you'll find that they examined many factors - psychological development being the one of most interest to you, I should think.
Ok I will, if you can post the link(s).

Even If i just state the obvious, a kid raised by gay parents is unlikely to see homosexuality as the evil it actually is.

Even if all other factors are alike (and I certinly do not concede they are because I am firmly under the belief that they are not) gay couples should not be allowed to adopt for this very reason.

A child raised by two thieves is going to have a warped perception in regards to his/her concept of theft being wrong, aren't they?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hello my fren. Keep fighting the good fight. Youve won their respect - now win the war that exhausted my fine imperial armies on their barren desert.

I annoint you as most worthy successor in The Sacred Project of Advancing of Truth on BoS

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Can you link please, I've "googled" them but without success. I get various lists and bio's of the researchers but not the original paper. IDC one or two should be enough.
Look them up on PubMed.

Dude, you ain't going to do well in year 12/uni if you don't know how to look up journal articles :s

Even If i just state the obvious, a kid raised by gay parents is unlikely to see homosexuality as the evil it actually is.
As is anyone raised by someone who is not religious or doesn't otherwise care, lol. Point?

Even if all other factors are alike (and I certinly do not concede they are because I am firmly under the belief that they are not) gay couples should not be allowed to adopt for this very reason.

A child raised by two thieves is going to have a warped perception in regards to his/her concept of theft being wrong, aren't they?
Ah, here it is. You're afraid that gay parents will teach their kids to be gay, which is (or should be) a crime in your eyes. Because the only criteria that makes parents good parents is that they NOT be a living example to their children that being gay is okay, right?

Name_Taken

HSC
Look them up on PubMed.

Dude, you ain't going to do well in year 12/uni if you don't know how to look up journal articles :s
Lol I know, but marks aren't at stake here, and the holidays; it sort of dulls you into an otherwise aggrevated state of lethargy.

As is anyone raised by someone who is not religious or doesn't otherwise care, lol. Point?
Well, my family are not religious at all, but I care.

Ah, here it is. You're afraid that gay parents will teach their kids to be gay, which is (or should be) a crime in your eyes. Because the only criteria that makes parents good parents is that they NOT be a living example to their children that being gay is okay, right?
You're putting words into my mouth, I didn't say they'd teach them to be gay at all. I said (unless their children end up hating their adoptive parents) they will unlikely view homosexuality as the evil it truly is. Sort of like, if you were born to parents who drink a lot, then it is likely (not certain, but very likely) that your attitudes towards alcohol consumption would be different to someone whose parents were more responsible.

And the third sentence is just dumb, and I never said that either. I even said that it is possible that some homosexual couples might be quite decent parents (individually) and that some heterosexual parents are terrible.

A child deserves a mother and a father. Misfortunes happen and sometimes, children are deprived of one or the other (and even both). But it is very wrong and downright inappropriate to put them in a situation (which they have no say in almost all the time) which denies them even potential access to both.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
A child deserves a mother and a father. Misfortunes happen and sometimes, children are deprived of one or the other (and even both). But it is very wrong and downright inappropriate to put them in a situation (which they have no say in almost all the time) which denies them even potential access to both.
Then some agency should be put in place where all single parents are put on a roll. This agency should provide dating services for single parent families. Death befalls those who cannot marry within a certain time limit and uphold the child's right to a MOTHER and FATHER. Agree alex baby?

NewiJapper

HSC
Name_Taken said:
"It takes two to speak truth -- one to speak and another to hear

our words fall onto your deaf ears.

Name_Taken said:
A child deserves a mother and a father.
A child deserves:-
subsistence,
protection,
affection,
understanding,
participation,
leisure,
creation,
identity and
freedom.

Which can be brought on by anyone.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Thanks a lot.

You're on shaky ground to attempt criticizing sociological methods. To begin with, most modern sociologists study qualitative data, and objectivity is commonly considered neither possible nor desirable.

Name_Taken

HSC
Then some agency
It's called DOCS (well I imagine they'd be the ones told to do it lol).

should be put in place where all single parents are put on a roll. This agency should provide dating services for single parent families.
Lol @ government dating website :haha:

Death befalls those who cannot marry within a certain time limit and uphold the child's right to a MOTHER and FATHER.
Killing is a bit extreme IMO.

And I didn't say it was a right, but I believe they do deserve it. At least with a single parent situation, the one parent they do have, has the potential to meet a new husband/wife etc. Like I agree ATM its not perfect, but same-sex adoption (while I agree does have its merits) by definition denys a kid that chance.

Article 7, point 1 from CROC (Convention of the Rights of a Child)

1. The child shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by his or her parents.

Obviously the "as far as possible" is important, but still.

Agree alex baby?
:shy:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
And I didn't say it was a right, but I believe they do deserve it. At least with a single parent situation, the one parent they do have, has the potential to meet a new husband/wife etc. Like I agree ATM its not perfect, but same-sex adoption (while I agree does have its merits) by definition denys a kid that chance.
You did say it was a right!!!

1. The child shall be registered immediately after birth and shall have the right from birth to a name, the right to acquire a nationality and, as far as possible, the right to know and be cared for by his or her parents.

Obviously the "as far as possible" is important, but still.
What if the parents was two dads?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

The articles don't define "parents". In this case it can mean biological or adoptive, i.e. their natural parents, legal adoptive parents, biological and adoptive - it doesn't say "one man and one woman" ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)