How and where did you meet your GF/BF??!!?? (1 Viewer)

Bubble_Toes

HSC
i met my ex boyfriend at little gathering at a friends house... i'd known him before that though... he was a friends cousin but i'd never actually met him before... we were together for about 2 months.. broke up and then got back together 6 months later and were together for almost 2 years... :)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
mYstiKaL_rOse said:
sorry 2 burst ur bubbles of wateva, but this aint no joke, i'm fully serious..and yes we are going strong....there's nothing better to make u realise how much a person means to you than distance
You know in all likelihood he's probably sticking his dick in another girl don't you? That's why when you talk to him he'd have a cheerful, happy disposition.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolutely. you're an idiot. you got an engaged a week after meeting somone, then dont see them for 11 months. you really are fucked in the head. i recommend therapy.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
absolutely. you're an idiot. you got an engaged a week after meeting somone, then dont see them for 11 months. you really are fucked in the head. i recommend therapy.
Therapy can never get rid of culturally backward redneck parents.

davin

HSC
N/A
mYstiKaL_rOse said:
sorry 2 burst ur bubbles of wateva, but this aint no joke, i'm fully serious..and yes we are going strong....there's nothing better to make u realise how much a person means to you than distance
speaking as someone that has done extreme distances, you're insane to find some sort of joy or satisfaction or anything in the distance.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i'm not at a close distance with my bf either atm, thing is i'm not engaged, yet, and i've known him for over a year, i agree with everyone else on this though, i think that mystikal's situation is a bit extreme.....1 month.....then he disappears...*shrugs* i believe distance survives/strengthens sometimes, and sometimes it won't..depending on commitment/seriousness of the relationship...obviously it's really rare but mystikals stiuation may work too, but i don't understand how in love, or close she can be to him, while he's far away, knowing him only for a month.... :S

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sparkl3z said:
i'm not at a close distance with my bf either atm, thing is i'm not engaged, yet, and i've known him for over a year, i agree with everyone else on this though, i think that mystikal's situation is a bit extreme.....1 month.....then he disappears...*shrugs* i believe distance survives/strengthens sometimes, and sometimes it won't..depending on commitment/seriousness of the relationship...obviously it's really rare but mystikals stiuation may work too, but i don't understand how in love, or close she can be to him, while he's far away, knowing him only for a month.... :S
She's had parents convince her the situations good and that she has to marry him.

just jessie

HSC
maybe mystikal is an indian, i know a couple of indians and they all have arranged marriages and get engaged really quickly after meeting. dunno, just a thought.

I met my boyfriend at a pub around here, he got my number and we started talking and stuff and a few weeks later we were going out :)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I met my gf and the only love of my life right in this very BOS site. As some people might already know, she's the member known as choc-chip.

I began messaging her and it was my luck that she messaged back.
Gradually we started chatting on msn until the dreaded day when she needed to go back to China to visit her mum.
Fate must've been on my side because all of a sudden, my dad asked if i wanted to go back to Hong Kong too, in which i replied yes.

Before we met, we only contacted through msn and e-mails, promising each other that we'll ensure an e-mail to each other everyday in which we did not fail to do.
I then got her phone number in China, and on the eve of new years, i finally got to hear her angelic voice.

We chatted on the phone for about a week when she suddenly mentioned that she was going on a tour to Korea with her grandma, in which i asked "can i come too"

So through many processes, the first time we met in real life was at the boarding gate in Hong Kong airport, bound for Korea, it was like a dream come true...

Currently, she's gone back to china to visit her mum, and i miss her dreadfully. I think i might go to china as well now that i realise i cannot cope very well without her company...i miss u...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
SipSip said:
I met my gf and the only love of my life right in this very BOS site. As some people might already know, she's the member known as choc-chip.

I began messaging her and it was my luck that she messaged back.
Gradually we started chatting on msn until the dreaded day when she needed to go back to China to visit her mum.
Fate must've been on my side because all of a sudden, my dad asked if i wanted to go back to Hong Kong too, in which i replied yes.

Before we met, we only contacted through msn and e-mails, promising each other that we'll ensure an e-mail to each other everyday in which we did not fail to do.
I then got her phone number in China, and on the eve of new years, i finally got to hear her angelic voice.

We chatted on the phone for about a week when she suddenly mentioned that she was going on a tour to Korea with her grandma, in which i asked "can i come too"

So through many processes, the first time we met in real life was at the boarding gate in Hong Kong airport, bound for Korea, it was like a dream come true...

Currently, she's gone back to china to visit her mum, and i miss her dreadfully. I think i might go to china as well now that i realise i cannot cope very well without her company...i miss u...
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....how terribly gay

.....how about just over your left shoulder throug
HSC
lmao...this is funni, when u grow up knowing that your marriage is going to be arranged, there are certain things u dont think about... i may be 18 now but i am more mature than a 26yr old and more immature than a 6yr old (meaning i am really responsible and quite childish)>so i do know what i'm geting myself into< yeah i'm 1/2 indian, 1/2 paki born in aussie. for the record it's me who left the country not him, he's still overseas but coming down soon.....

minushuman:good one!! but i don't think so, see there's this thing called trust, honesty and faithfulness....in a relationship....as for me i noe the situation on both sides, we both come from strict, religious type families and the pressure is on both of us to keep it real, besides i think he's more worried about me than i am about him ...nah he's got it tough, the inlaws are all on my side and he's always at work with my bro-inlaws at the family construction business, as for when we talk, he hates it when i have go......oh yeah as for convincing me....like i said b4, when u grow up knowing u're gonna have an arranged marriage u're mentally prepared for that day and moment, well i was anyway...

stazi: nah man i'm not nuts, just a girl who wants to keep her parents happy, having complete faith in thier decisions but having the last say, even though i know what they want for me is best they seek my approval*and no i'm not nuts sayin this, tough lessons in life show u the way*

withoutaface: believe wot u want, say wot u want....but mah parents know what they're doing....they're saving two young kids from making big mistakes in life >i say this because to our parents our generation seems to have no dignity when it comes to love, sex and relationships *meaning no offence, but this is coming from traditional-coservative people* in all honesty, my parents were worried i would make a mistake, get into crap or end up pregnant or something, even though they knew it was unlikely to happen. i, myself am very conservative and have strong beliefs of my own that coincide with others, also their insecure thoughts sprang from the knowledge of a famlily friends son having a gf that's only with him for his money and the reason why his parents marriage is falling apart...so like i said, i also partly agreed to it for my parents....

davin: i'm not finding any joy from this distance, i would be psycho if i did, what i meant was that this distance has made me realise how much he means to me, how much i feel for him and miss him and how important and precious he is to me...and it has also made him realise the same...do u follow??

as for all of you, the best way to explain the situation is; we both agreed knowing what was to follow, our families sorta kinda had everything planned and were just waiting for us to decide..... even though we miss each other dearly-aka to death- we know that everything is and will be alright because we have eachother and our families....sounds corny...huh?, but there was no other way i could put it

HSC
SipSip: man ur situation is truly wack!! w.t....are u guys 2getha, friends or what... u do know that going halfway aroung the world to "visit" someone could be classified as stalking... well whateva it may be, if it works it works.....

p.s: yeah, this is coming from me, a person in a wacky-movie like situation.....

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
withoutaface: believe wot u want, say wot u want....but mah parents know what they're doing....they're saving two young kids from making big mistakes in life >i say this because to our parents our generation seems to have no dignity when it comes to love, sex and relationships *meaning no offence, but this is coming from traditional-coservative people* in all honesty, my parents were worried i would make a mistake, get into crap or end up pregnant or something, even though they knew it was unlikely to happen. i, myself am very conservative and have strong beliefs of my own that coincide with others, also their insecure thoughts sprang from the knowledge of a famlily friends son having a gf that's only with him for his money and the reason why his parents marriage is falling apart...so like i said, i also partly agreed to it for my parents....
Wow, you know one person whose relationship is fucking things up? Hmmm, now if I could think of one sure fire way to screw a marriage up it would be to have someone selected for me without my input.
Also if you're restrained enough to uphold your values of no-sex-before-marriage or whatever then there would seem to be no problem.

davin

HSC
N/A
it seems to be his significance is more just because its what is expected of you than anything else. or well, at least initially.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
mYstiKaL_rOse said:
SipSip: man ur situation is truly wack!! w.t....are u guys 2getha, friends or what... u do know that going halfway aroung the world to "visit" someone could be classified as stalking... well whateva it may be, if it works it works.....

p.s: yeah, this is coming from me, a person in a wacky-movie like situation.....

Yes we are together, but we had a bit of a fight before she left two days ago and now i'm scared that we might break up...never realise you can like someone that much..choc chip, if you ever read this, i want to tell u that i love u

JessTW

HSC
I met my boy at a friends 18th. i was pretty drunk at the time and basically only lookin for a hook up with a hot guy. apparently i just walked up to him and pulled him in right close to me then started dancing then i dragged him over to my besty and asked her "hey is this guy hot".lol aaah the wonders of the drunken brain. we hung out a few times after that and now we r 2gether..gotta say im glad it ended up more than a random hookup.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
muaha.....on the question...met mine at uni, was quite unexpected really, we were just friends, we were not even wanting a bf/gf because we are both career people, or were.......like having a bf/gf was never significant to us, cos as i said many times, my relationship has to be serious, if I can't see marriage at the end, there will be no relationship at all......and i didn’t want to have something that special, cos i thought it might get in the way of my education right now, being at this young, but then....then it just happened, had feelings, tried to ignore it, but then, he went and told me how he felt, then it was unignorable kinda thing.... now I’m glad he did do something about it, because he means absolutely everything to me. as for education, it is very important, and when you're dedicated to your work, I’ve realised that nothing can get in your way. as i said bout my bf b4, we're not exactly at close distance right now, but when you're committed to someone, that much, that you would give your life to them, just as you would give blood to your own mother, or brother, you know, your family, distance is not important at all, because he is just that, as close as a family member could ever be to me, or even closer, and this is going to sound like a cliché, but when you have love in your heart, you really can overcome anything sometimes.

davin

HSC
N/A
but when you have love in your heart, you really can overcome anything sometimes.
nice ideal, but with limited practical implications (not judging anything on your case in particular)

HSC
withoutaface said:
1.Wow, you know one person whose relationship is fucking things up? 2.Hmmm, now if I could think of one sure fire way to screw a marriage up it would be to have someone selected for me without my input.
3.Also if you're restrained enough to uphold your values of no-sex-before-marriage or whatever then there would seem to be no problem.
1. yea i know a guy who is fkn up his life as well as his families. 2. correction i did have input, we both did, we even had the choice to delay it as well but u c at that time we thought things would happen quickly ie:the paperwork, but wen i returned to oz we found out we had to wait till i was 18 b/c of some issues with the law n stuff. 3. yea i believe in the no-sex-b4-marriage thing. but 1 thing that should be cleared up is that we both are legally married but we just haven't done the whole live in together thing, hence i refer to us as being engaged....[its easier that way]
davin said:
it seems to be his significance is more just because its what is expected of you than anything else. or well, at least initially.
whatever it may seem like has no meaning to me and yea it may seem that way b/c i'm the girl.... i just spoke to him n he remembers that our anniversary is coming up next week n he is reminding me that it's been a long while. so i rekon our significance to eachother is leveled but varies for us because we are dealing with it in different ways....
but when you have love in your heart, you really can overcome anything sometimes.
as corny as it may sound, if u are serious and committed enough "u can overcome anything" so to speak
>you know the cliche "sometimes one moment is enough to last a lifetimea and sometimes a whole lifetime isn't enough to last the momentb...."...well i would like to go with option a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)