How and where did you meet your GF/BF??!!?? (1 Viewer)

.....how about just over your left shoulder throug
HSC
SipSip said:
Yes we are together, but we had a bit of a fight before she left two days ago and now i'm scared that we might break up...never realise you can like someone that much..choc chip, if you ever read this, i want to tell u that i love u
man u gotta sort it out and actually talk to her....maybe the fight was a sign to tell you that it's not meant to be...:s

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you show again that you're an idiot. you could delay it? this just means that it had to happen, it was a matter of when. your parents took your heart and gave it to a guy.

HSC
a bit harsh there don't u think??, well as u may have missed this i'll repeat. we were ready and we knew that, we went through with it because we knew there would be a few months wait until the paperwork was processed for his visa to be granted for him ot come to oz, but we did not know that because i was still 17 at the time there would be more delays in the paperwork by the departments hence we delayed submitting the docs...so i continued with my hsc, he finished his degrees ...and anyways what's done is done and we're still happy even though we are quite depressed with the situation....but without a doubt the distance has brought us closer......
p.s: it doesn't matter what ppl say or think, all the matters is that the emotions and way we feel are all real....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hands up who thinks he's just using her to get into the country

stazi

Nightman
HSC
mYstiKaL_rOse said:
a bit harsh there don't u think??, well as u may have missed this i'll repeat. we were ready and we knew that, we went through with it because we knew there would be a few months wait until the paperwork was processed for his visa to be granted for him ot come to oz, but we did not know that because i was still 17 at the time there would be more delays in the paperwork by the departments hence we delayed submitting the docs...so i continued with my hsc, he finished his degrees ...and anyways what's done is done and we're still happy even though we are quite depressed with the situation....but without a doubt the distance has brought us closer......
p.s: it doesn't matter what ppl say or think, all the matters is that the emotions and way we feel are all real....
no your emotions aren't real. you feel them because you don't know better and he is the first guy you have had real contact with. You have been conditioned into this mindframe by your parents.
You hardly know him (what was it? a few days and you're engaged thanks to your parents?)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
bf #1: fencing (yes, with the swords & stuff). started going out 4 weeks after initially meeting him. lasted 8mths - at least 6 of those were the worst months of my life (hsc year + major work + younger bf ISNT a good idea, kiddies)
bf #2: bos. started going out when we first met (about a month after we started chatting). lasted 3mths, fun but the distance and his expectations killed it
bf #3: bos, it was one of the relationships where you know something's going to happen. started going out after we met up. a 2 week fling (for both of us), fun but there was absolutely no chemistry
bf #4: online (hi5 friends network), he was looking for someone in the gong. started going out the second time we met up, though i didnt really think of him as my bf until 2 or 3 weeks later (after he told me he loved me). 10 months strong and loving every moment of it :D

HSC
why does it seem that whaeva i say makes no difference.....why am i trying to justify my life, my actions n what-not....yea so wot i come from a strict upbringing n a stict childhood, i've been through alot of tough sht in my childhood, mainly due to my step-family....i've learnt the hard way about who really cares 4 me n who just wants to use me, throughout my life i've been very good at judging ppl i meet and i'm the sorta person who really doesn' trust, like or accept anyone easily, my parents know i'm strong willed and strong minded, yet they also know that whateva serious decisions i make, they are not mistakes....as for this just being a scam to get him to come here...makes no sense, my parents told me about him like a yr b4hand and told us of their plans 6mths b4 we met, wen we met it was to decide what we wanted from all that...n today here we are and this is our situation.....some decisions made in life may seem stupid, immature and idiotic, but not everyone understands why, there are greater reasons for those decisions....i knew there would be negative thoughts by others in those 6mth b4 meeting him....but i also knew it would be worth it, sure i may have met him only recently but i've known of him and about him since i was a kid....

stazi, there are many things u don't know about me, so to make those judgements doesn't really fit my shoes...i've met alot of ppl, alot of types of ppl, i have been through some challening ordeals n i can easily say that i have no regrets about my decisions, on the contrary i'm pleased at the results...as for not having contact with other guys; plain wrong, i have many guy friends and cousins, i know what most guys are like and i know what i'm looking for in a guy. no offece but westerners are never really gonna understand this tradition of arranged marriages and it will always be this way.....

whateva u guys say, i'm happy, not ignorant, in love but not blind, loving and caring but not stupid.....if i'm happy then my parents are happy, they suggest and i decide....that's just the way things are in my life and frankly that's the way i like it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ok, please explain to me the merits of arranged marriages. ALso, please use coherent grammar and spelling.

Note; I actually am very interested as to your perspective. Why it's beneficial for someone to push feelings onto you. To dictate a sacred bond.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
alby said:
bf #4: online (hi5 friends network), he was looking for someone in the gong. started going out the second time we met up, though i didnt really think of him as my bf until 2 or 3 weeks later (after he told me he loved me). 10 months strong and loving every moment of it :D
He told you he loved you after two weeks? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

stazi

Nightman
HSC
alby, as much as I love you. This is hillarious. I'm not sure what's funnier. Your string of online boyfriends, or the fact that you met a boyfriend at fencing.

HSC
as usual, it depends on ones perspective....for me....
it beats playing the dating game, you know what you are getting >gossip is juicy and the community likes to talk, so you tend to know everything, be it good or bad about others<, if u have parents like mine you know they would do nothing to hurt you >i'm the only child and my parents could not live one day without me, and they just want to see me happy<, arranged marriges teach you to love and to appreciate what you have, in an arranged marriage both sides work hard to make it work if it isn't working >to avoid being the news of the week and also, with us, it is not letting ourselves or others down and living up to your responsibilities and expectations<, with me, i'm married into a family that i have known and met when i was eight years old and i have loved them and they have loved me, and also, we tend to live in extended families so theres' alot of support when we need it....esp when you are a family sort of person like we are.

Why it's beneficial for someone to push feelings onto you. To dictate a sacred bond.
this is what you think, but the truth is, these feelings were not imposed upon me or him, they occured naturally, i had the choice and control of what i wanted to feel, we were two young people looking for someone who was like them and willing to do everything for and with oneanother, we ready for the committment, we were just looking for the right person. dictation of a sacred bond.....lol....there was no dictation just the inititial nudge to get us to take the first step of something that was inevitable-marriage, if we weren't nudged we would have done nothing about the situation reguarless of what we felt and then regretted it wondering what may have happened....i admit we took a huge risk, but it's a risk that we are glad we took.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
1) Arranged marriages 'teach' you to love by pushing you onto someone. They 'teach' you to feel fake feelings. They 'teach' you that your fate is controlled by others. If your parents truly loved you, they wouldn't force you into something with a guy who they don't even really know. Isn't it better to 'teach' yourself about love? To meet lots of people until finally you meet the right one - someone who makes you smile, who you can't bare to spend a moment without. Someone who is perfect for you, and you feel perfect around them?

Those feelings occurred naturally because you have never experienced a potential 'relationship' with a guy. These are synchronous to when we are young (not as young as 6-12, but a bit later, as different cognitive processes are in play here) - if we find out someone has a crush on us, we tend to like them back. You associate feelings of love with this person you don't know because it is your only choice. You don't even have to think about it, your mind subconsciously does this.

But don't you think that you should have explored your options before jumping into marriage. It was not a nudge, it was a 'come meet this guy. (read: you'll be married to him soon, as this benefits our family). Perhaps you should have known him for a lot longer, lived with him, known he's the right guy.

You also note how it's excellent that you have to work to make the marriage work in your culture, or face gossip, etc. You don't see this as problematic? There is no escape - you are forced to make it work, or face vilification.

gorgeousjai

HSC
i met my ex thru at ex bf turned friend. do guys always go for the pretty popular type

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
manisha_xoxo said:
i met my boyfriend at my sixteenth birthday party.
i had no idea who he was, it was just a little innocent party (invitees only) -- my parents are crazy strict.
what happened was, one of my friends, who i've known since i was 2, couldn't come because he was sleeping over his friend's (my bf) house. so my mum told my friend to bring his friend along. So he comes to my party, i hardly take any notice of him, and just give him a hug to say goodbye.
the next day he adds me on msn.. we talk a little, all small talk. then like a month later, he wanted to know about a jb hi fi in parramatta, because he had a voucher, so i offered to go with him and my other friend, to show them the way. after that meeting we started talking more, on the phone, and i started to hang out with him and my other friend.
Then a week after, my other friend got grounded, so my bf and i decided to go out to a movie together as not to ruin plans we had already made. And he tells me it was during the movie (finding neverland) that he started to like me.
2 weeks later , we started dating.. BUT ITS SAD.. because i'm not allowed to date, and my mum's a psycho.. we've been on and off, dating in secret, which is pretty gay. my parents don't even like us being friends, but we're like best friends.. and we tell each other EVERYTHING!
and he loves me, but i think we should stop dating because my parents are too hard to handle, but he loves me and i feel the same about him and its too hard to let go. we're considering breaking up... but its so sad because it'll be one year since we said we liked each other in 10 days. and then its valentines!

how old are you? i would tell my parents to get fucked if i were you

alby

cool duckie
HSC
withoutaface said:
He told you he loved you after two weeks? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
better imo than saying it without meaning it, right (literally) at the beginning of the relationship, within only a few weeks of knowing me
stazi said:
alby, as much as I love you. This is hillarious. I'm not sure what's funnier. Your string of online boyfriends, or the fact that you met a boyfriend at fencing.
why does it matter so much where someone meets their partners? and what's so wrong with meeting someone at fencing?
ps. most of you cant comment on me meeting bf's online - i've seen the amount of time you guys spend online. and anyway why do you care about me and not people like dan & sarah or tom & az?
brogan77 said:
I vote 75% boyfriends from e-land, as greatest hilarity.
and i vote that you're a nutjob nser who doesnt belong in l&r

stazi

Nightman
HSC
because 'fencing'. how novel.

and tom and azzie and dan and sarah don't find all their gf/bfs online.
actually, tom does find all his bfs online - he's only ever had one. Me :eek:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
stazi said:
because 'fencing'. how novel.

and tom and azzie and dan and sarah don't find all their gf/bfs online.
actually, tom does find all his bfs online - he's only ever had one. Me :eek:

you cheated on me? with an internet boyfriend? how dare you!

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
manisha_xoxo said:
and my mum's a psycho.. we've been on and off, dating in secret, which is pretty gay. my parents don't even like us being friends, but we're like best friends.. and we tell each other EVERYTHING!
So this is what you do;

1. Smuggle boyfriend through bedroom window (if on second story use pogo stick)
2. Spent night having hard and fast, but quiet, sex
3. Fall asleep together, nakie
4. Wait till your parents wake up for breakfast then send your boyfriend out into the kitchen to get you some orange juice (nudity and nonchalantness are key here)
5. For added flair have said boyfriend yell suprise and flop his penis out into your mum and/or dad's cereal

This really is the least painful way of telling them; and also most informative as they will already assume you're having sex and won't need to ask you about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)