• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How did your maths 1/2 yearly go? (1 Viewer)

HSC
MY SCHOOL IS SO CRAP!(i was going to say something more intelligent but crap describes it best!)

our principal decided that we dont need to waste and class time to do half yearlys so we will do them all in class time..
so that means i have 3 maths exams this week to make up the three hours. so i have only had 1/3 of the exam so far and so far its been ok.
but yeah crap school!!

roadcone

HSC
i heard today in passing when walking into an exam from our maths co-ordinator that i managed to top 2u. i beat all the 3u kids so i am so stoked right about now, not to sure of my mark but yeah just thought i would say something because i am very surprised.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
congrats roadcone
i wish i was good at maths-if i pass that will be a good thing seeing i havent all of year 12!

goan_crazy

HSC
i got my maths results back today
it was a suprise 4 me
i passed 4 the 1st time in year 12! go me!
i got 63%
meh i dont care if people on here reckon its shit coz i know i cant get 99% or watever like sum ppl. well anyway it was an improvement 4 me seeing i havent passed the yr12
so im happy-if thats the best i can do:)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
it was a suprise 4 me
i got 63%
meh i dont care if people on here reckon its shit coz i know i cant get 99% or watever like sum ppl. well anyway it was an improvement 4 me seeing i havent passed the yr12
heyyyyy... congrats joe... good job man... 63% is great... no one should criticise that... that's an awesome achievement... and u didn't just pass... which means it's a dramatic improvement... hope u get even higher next time... I love ur determination... good job buddy

yeh i got mine back tooo... I came equal second with 82%... first was 98%... lol... yeh a huge gap... but then there were the usual silly mistakes.. which cost me about 10% in this exam it was worth 15% so... i guess the real bulk of the assessments still hasn't started...

well good luck to everyone else with ur results...

snowblack

bleh
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
it was a suprise 4 me
i got 63%
wow thats great joe, congrats :D
now if only i cud get marks like that :(

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
roadcone said:
i heard today in passing when walking into an exam from our maths co-ordinator that i managed to top 2u. i beat all the 3u kids so i am so stoked right about now, not to sure of my mark but yeah just thought i would say something because i am very surprised.
Ahahaa! Same!

But mine's only because the 3-units weren't taught Simpsons or Trapazoidal rules :p...those pi-faced nerds.

monique66

Gavrillo said:
Ahahaa! Same!

But mine's only because the 3-units weren't taught Simpsons or Trapazoidal rules :p...those pi-faced nerds.
how can they not be taught it? Isn't that a little unfair?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
simpsons and trapeziodal isn't hard to learn anyways..

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Yeah the approximate methods of integration are quite simple. Practice them a few times.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Yeah i got my general paper back big big improvement from last time and i think i did well considering i had the flu while sitting the exam and had to sit there and hold my head half the time....but other than that im content! Good luck everyone else!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I got 60%!! I'm not very impressed with it but... rank was 4th, which isn't that bad... its not that good either... theres only 10 in my class, and I came second in the first assessment, but whatever. No one did very well with it... the highest mark was 80. that was achieved by the lone 3u student, and it turned out that she discarded one of her pages with her scrap paper, so it could have potentially been even higher.

HSC
Holidays now! Not getting my paper back till next term, i suppose i did alright. I'm improving but still not getting the 75%average I'm aiming for. Yes i know 75% means i only have to know 3/4 of the stuff but maths is hard for me and my teacher from last year had no freaging idea so I'm missing all the prelim background knowledge.
But yeah, hopefully I'll pass my first 2 unit half yearly paper since yr9!

lozabella

HSC
horrible!

our half yearly was worth 30%! it sucked! n a scary thing is walking ot of the exam thinkin it wasnt too bad..despite the fact that there was too much prelim n many questions i couldnt answer! n everyone thinking it was the hardest thinge ver! hopefully i passed that would b great! n oh dear we havent even started the hard topics yet! hope everyone else did wellon theirs n that they're not worth as much as ours was! it sucks!

JoeysBoy

HSC
Well... desipite gtting 68/118, I managed to get a decent rank within my class (I came 4th? out of about 25). Hard exam! My report mark is around 78... so I'm fairly pleased with that. It was a hard exam!

Needless to say the top 3 unit class got like 117/118... Grrrr... Anyone know if the 2unit only kids are compared with the 3 unit ones?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
JoeysBoy said:
Needless to say the top 3 unit class got like 117/118... Grrrr... Anyone know if the 2unit only kids are compared with the 3 unit ones?
yep, you get compared to anyone that sits the course....
so really, you shouldnt be thinking about your rank as being your rank in your class, but your rank in the whole school, I think you can probably forget about the 4unit kids since they dont sit the 2u exam in the hsc.

goan_crazy

HSC
my rank was pretty crap overall but meh
i was happy i at least passed
i mean i failed the 1st 2 assessments 47% and 48% but for this 1/2 yrly i got 63%
ranked 4th in my Class
the grade all the 3u and 4u ppl aced it
top in the grade was 98%!
but in my 2unit class the 5 ppl that dropped from 3U did alrite
top was 90% then 73% then 68% and my 63% for 4th so 4 an original 2uniter thats alrite i think 4 me anyway-that was my class. i improved.
so yeah

good luck wit every1 else
maths was the only thing i got bak b4 hols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)