How did your parents react to your marks? (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
the milfs at work were so proud!! (last year)

legit all the asian parents at work were on my balls for a week

fixing

HSC
Typing this from the local library, have to go to Centerlink to que up for government housing now.

HSC
Uni Grad
my father hit me
my mother cried
they've locked me in my room
i can hear my father's anger
i can hear my mother's sorrow
i have dishonoured my family
now i fear i will have no family
:cry:
okay srsly

i haven't told them yet

and i don't think they would give a shit

HSC
Uni Grad
I know how you feel. Don't worry, they'll get over it eventually. Your ATAR was brilliant compared to mine, your's was what I needed. Let's move on with life, there's always internal transfer for first semester.
oh wow you took me seriously

lockedbox

HSC
My mum was more excited then I was, she shook me awake at 6:30 because she wanted to know the marks literally whooped when she saw. My dad asked me to email him a screen shot an hour later and seemed quite stunned about it. My 88 is proof that your SC most certainly does not define the rest of your education, and boy did I enjoy rubbing that in at the school results meet :devil:

jamesfirst

HSC
I revealed my ATAR in front of the whole family.

They were expecting 95+ but I got 94.80. They said that I did well.

But I was disappointed ....

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
I revealed my ATAR in front of the whole family.

They were expecting 95+ but I got 94.80. They said that I did well.

But I was disappointed ....
You've got to be kidding?
You were THAAAAAT close to a 95, it shouldn't matter. Unless, of course, that 0.2 was the difference between you getting into a course or not.

When i told my parents my ATAR, they said 'Yeah, great.' and all that stuff. They didn't say it, but I could see in their eyes that they were very disappointed in me.
They then lectured me about how i should've tried harder this year.

I got 80.35. I was expecting better (like an 83, so i could add 5 bonus points and get into medical science), but the BOS had other plans for me.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Dad - Telling me that my ATAR is good, that it's good that I'll get into uni and I can transfer after the first year, etc. He was being very encouraging. Everything was good with him
Mum - Disappointed and says she's isn't happy that I didn't get 90+

Asian mum, Australian dad. You get the picture.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
lol ended up with 98.55 but by ruse standards thats a fail :(
by the standards of everyone else (i.e. the people who matter) thats a great atar and nothing to be disappointed about

Official

Bring it on
HSC
parents were relatively happy with 99.85

more importantly i was happy considering i didn't think i'd make 99 with my english rank (50/160)

timinator1993

HSC
85.5 - With the help of a couple bonus points I get into my Uni course, tbh Thats all I and my parents cared about :D

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
I could tell they were surprised and a little disappointed, but they already knew I was shattered yesterday so they just assured me I'd get where I want to be one way or another. Sorry to those that got such negative responses, especially those who got marks I would be over the moon with (I know that people have different standards, of course.)

lobe

HSC
Me: I got 98.45
Mum: Ohh, Ohh, that's unfortunate

Bloody hell, 3 months ago she said that it wouldn't matter at all what atar I got as long as I got a scholarship into a course I wanted. So I apply for the scholarship, get the interview, get the offer, then get the mark needed (to accept the scholarship), and I get "Ohh, Ohh, that's unfortunate" line, followed by a day of her expressing her dissapointment that I didn't get a 99. She doesn't care that I've got what I need, she seemed to only care that she can't boast about a 99 to her coffee friends. I have had a day of her asking "are you disappointed that you got that when you could have been 99 material?" and "don't wish you put in the effort to get a 99 like your friends did"

She is normally ok, just so obsessed with results and performance it is aggravating. FYI, not an asian family.

To be fair I did cruise through year 12 with minimal effort as I don't care too much about atar bragging rights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)