How distracting is MSN for you? (1 Viewer)

richiie

HSC
Well, 6 years back and this thread wouldn't even be here, LOL not because i wouldn't be in year 12 but because msn was a rare usage to heaps of us! Don't know bout the rest of you but its a major distraction for my studies, taking up about 2-3 hours of my day! Yeah pretty bad. Im suure im not the only one but!

Richard

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yes msn is a distraction but i just close it when i need to study and along with the monitor and just go sit on my desk. i dont like to open msn esp when my friends are online because ill just chat for hours and hours and then when im done i can't be stuffed going back to my work.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
MSN is not really a problem for me, mainly because my computer is not in my room; instead it's in the study. :p

Koray

HSC
Screw MSN I use to be hooked at least 3or 4 hours a day. This year ive been on about 1 hour in total.

I barely go on. Waste of valuable time.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Correct me if i'm wrong, but, it's march right? Why the fuck does the distraction of MSN bother you?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Shouldn't it not only be MSN but all the other IM services, although I acknowledge that MSN is the most commonly used IM service amoungst teenagers at least in Australia.

It depends how often it is being used but for me sometimes it can be my escape or even assistance when working on an assignment but as awhole yes it is a distraction but there is still time to do something about that.....

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Shouldn't it not only be MSN but all the other IM services, although I acknowledge that MSN is the most commonly used IM service amoungst teenagers at least in Australia.

It depends how often it is being used but for me sometimes it can be my escape or even assistance when working on an assignment but as awhole yes it is a distraction but there is still time to do something about that.....

yeah msn was a fair distraction during the hsc but like even now i dont talk much on msn anyway, im usually on msn when im on the net but yeah i dunno i just think talking on msn is pretty shit

Last edited by a moderator:

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
Riviet said:
MSN is not really a problem for me, mainly because my computer is not in my room; instead it's in the study. :p
ditto

I suggest if you have to have some social contact, try to limit the amount everyday
You don't have to study all your available time.

If you really like messaging, make it your break and stick to it

Jouma47

HSC
once im on msn i wont be able to get myself off till midnight. i try not to go onto it.

P

pLuvia

Uninstalling it won't do anything just move the computer out of your room if you are really obsessed

Justin

HSC
MSN is the devil. I only use it for 5 minutes a day or i go into an MSN trance, and you all know what they are like.

karoooh

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes msn is a distraction but i just close it when i need to study and along with the monitor and just go sit on my desk. i dont like to open msn esp when my friends are online because ill just chat for hours and hours and then when im done i can't be stuffed going back to my work.
When you need to study, you close msn? When have you ever done that!?! :p

MSN isn't so bad anymore... It's just the net in general - I just use it ofr some time out from study or to ask help... Like most people!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
pLuvia said:
Uninstalling it won't do anything just move the computer out of your room if you are really obsessed
Having a laptop although with a desktop computer and wireless internet doesn't help :p. But I get your point....

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
When you need to study, you close msn? When have you ever done that!?! :p

MSN isn't so bad anymore... It's just the net in general - I just use it ofr some time out from study or to ask help... Like most people!
haha my msn is always appeared offline dude! its just that when i take a study break i come on msn and then i find people msg me and then i get kinda carried away lol. and yes your one of those people ! >=/ nah its cool hehe =p

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
MSN is just a nuisance for me. I got quite a lot of contact, but everytime I login, I would see no one of them online. Then when I want to logoff, someone would sign in and start chatting to me. Of course, I still shut it down immediately :p. Not that I login often.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
It's so distracting bahhh!! I can't help but go on... Thought it's really useful when you need help with a question or something - in that situation it's good.... otherwise it's just evil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)