How distracting is MSN for you? (1 Viewer)

pc3k

HSC
Emly said:
right now im procrastinating about studying for my half yearlys next week.. so far ive been pretty good...

but tonight just isnt my night

so msn is assissting me in my procrastinating
Yeah i agree. Thankyou MSN for making my nights of failed study attempts interesting. i salute you.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pc3k said:
Yeah i agree. Thankyou MSN for making my nights of failed study attempts interesting. i salute you.
msn is only a major distraction for me on saturday nights lol. everyone is either on "busy" or "away" on weekdays lol.

NiMm

Since 1988
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Sometimes too distracting, other times not distracting enough. It's never at the right level of distraction.
so tru! i agree!

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's distracting me again at uni. I think I shall quit MSN permanently now. I did it for 11 months straight last year for my HSC, so I think I can last a lifetime. perhaps. I always wondered when the time would be when, if I didn't quit, the rest of the people I MSN with would. We'd grow up, work, marry, have kids...and somewhere in there MSN would disappear. I think for me, it's prematurely early. I think I will be the first to quit out of all my friends--for life.

Anyway, enough of my thoughts. Good luck to all you quitters (for the time being anyway), I did it so did many others here so you can too, for the others, don't get too addicted and you'll be cool.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
lala2 said:
It's distracting me again at uni. I think I shall quit MSN permanently now. I did it for 11 months straight last year for my HSC, so I think I can last a lifetime. perhaps. I always wondered when the time would be when, if I didn't quit, the rest of the people I MSN with would. We'd grow up, work, marry, have kids...and somewhere in there MSN would disappear. I think for me, it's prematurely early. I think I will be the first to quit out of all my friends--for life.

Anyway, enough of my thoughts. Good luck to all you quitters (for the time being anyway), I did it so did many others here so you can too, for the others, don't get too addicted and you'll be cool.
i think you dont chose to quit... its just you dont have enough time for it eventually.. even now my time on MSN is waning due to work and uni contraints... i miss it, but i just dont have enough time to spend on there bumming around.
as much as i hate to admit it, eventually MSN will fall out of my life forever and be lost in a sea of programs that i once used to use.. like MS Paint, and Solitare and Sound Recorder.
wait, i still use paint :)

aMJp

HSC
MSN is ridiculous! Gah, it's a shocking habit and so horribly addictive ...because I dont know about anybody else, but most of the people i speak to on there, I don't get to see in person very much, so yeah ... if ever I am doing an assignment on my computer, I'm also on MSN and it wastes so much time!
It's like a drug...

jooj

HSC
richiie said:
Well, 6 years back and this thread wouldn't even be here, LOL not because i wouldn't be in year 12 but because msn was a rare usage to heaps of us! Don't know bout the rest of you but its a major distraction for my studies, taking up about 2-3 hours of my day! Yeah pretty bad. Im suure im not the only one but!

Richard
yep very distracting thats the cause i stay up til early in the mornings to do my assessments lol

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Everything is only a distraction if you let it be....
That's so true. all you need is a little bit of displine and soon enough it will get easier and eaiser to restrict any distraction as i have learnt. what i suggest is that you close msn when your studying (not appear offline as you will get tempted!) and if you don't need the computer, steer far away from it ! but if you do, say to type up notes, use a computer that doesn't have internet or where you can disable it if you have wireless connection.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Also, it's not like MSN is a drug, it's an addiction that you need to overcome yourself if you are serious about the HSC.

hydii

HSC
how long have u been using MSN?

for me, i started using MSN and ICQ and those things about 14, and my interest in it lasted for 2-3 year. now i just dont use it, unless i think it's time to change my display pic or name, lol~

well, i guess u can say i dont have close friends~

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
I've been using MSN for about 6 years now.. I still use it every lesson I'm in a computer room at school.. what a rebel I am. I still get my work done when there's work to be done.

Besides, I only talk to people on MSN who are more important to me than my HSC anyway.

Circa

HSC
oOoOo .... its soo bad...i go on for like i second and there always some1 i have to say hi too.. and then some1 else will sign on..and i have to tALK TO THEM... oooo its a vicious cyle!!!!:burn:

s2indie

HSC
sometimes the distraction MSN offers is good, like taking a few minutes break from an assessment or studying, but sometimes some people ask too many questions and i just end up blocking them. BUT SHHH... they don't know that.

Mongke

HSC
its not msn that gets me. i get distracted by looking outside, playing some computer game, reading books totaly unrelated... etc. you can just turn it off.

royaaran

HSC
MSN is huge distraction for me and i know it but i cant help but wander whose online....i despise MSN, its so addictive. Inever used to go online much, not until i got broadbadn. I used to have my computer on for most of the day..thats really bad. Im actually trying to stay away from it now.

bonnie04

HSC
Riviet said:
Also, it's not like MSN is a drug, it's an addiction that you need to overcome yourself if you are serious about the HSC.
exactly.
msn is the spawn of satan :eek:

delete it.
that's what i did.

and then you will feel extremely clean.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
bonnie04 said:
exactly.
msn is the spawn of satan :eek:

delete it.
that's what i did.

and then you will feel extremely clean.
hey you go cerdon? do you know a filo chick named mika?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)