• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do I delete my account? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah apparently accounts don't get deleted, you can't do it yourself anyhow, ask one of the bigger mods

santaslayer

HSC
i dont think theyll bother with deleting accounts....if they cbf, they would of deleted half the members on this board already who havnt done anything...

miss_niss

Occasional Member
HSC
I don't want to create a new account, I just want to leave already. I've finished the HSC and I can't be bothered coming back. I hate loose ends so I'd just thought I'd get rid of my account.

So who is one of the big administrators? I'll pm them....

miss_niss

Occasional Member
HSC
MedNez said:
First reply you got :)
lol soz. I must have lost my memory going down the thread. ta muchly withoutaface and mednez

funniboi

HSC
I'll help you delete your account if you send me your pic + give me your mobile phone number.

I don't think its possible to delete an account ?? *shrugs*

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
if u want closure/ fixing up loose ends...
just log out and never return/delete ur bookmarks etc.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
vBulletin Administrators have the power to read your PMs, delete accounts, change signatures, change usernames, change avatars, change posts, change pretty much anything. They cannot, of course, read your password, as it is encrypted in the database. People who have access to the actual server have even more power than the Administrators, but I won't tell you what that power is. :p

Furthermore, some vBulletin forums choose to purge their inactive members every, say, 6 months. This is a feature available in the admin panel, IIRC.

miss_niss

Occasional Member
HSC
Why?

Why do I want to delete my account?

I'll tell you why, because I keep getting sucked back here thats why. And I shouldnt be. The HSC is over. I'm done. I don't wanna hear about it ever again. I don't care about anyone else doing it, I don't want to answer people's questions and help them on last minute asignments, because you know what noone did that for me. I worked it out for myself so they can too. i helped a guy with the aztecs buts thats it. To be honest i think its lazy for people to come on here to get notes. i joined because my teacher told us to for studies of religion revision, but i didnt think the notes were even that good, because if someone did a really original and special assignmenmt or essay, why would that post it for just anyone to use? for some bozzo who has never written anything of their own in their life, who has never been to a library and who copies and pastes stuff on the internet, who thinks they've hit the jackpot here, all the info none of the work? Why, I hear you ask, did i bother coming back or even posting if I feel this way? Because I was occasionally desperate, bored, annoyed with those pretentious merriweather mafia girls and those posters who go, im aiming for a 99.99 i got 98 percent on my last test im sooooo good i did all this technical work hear me spout out all these long words and complicated bs yet i got the similar marks without half the fuss.

*sigh* but i digress. i would like to leave. im sure its a mutual wish. and hopefully today this will be my last. why cant it just be like imdb where they have a button...delete account. thats my tip BOS admin.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm afraid that if a plugin doesn't exist to allow users to delete their own accounts, it would probably be rather difficult to code it in. Furthermore, abuse of such a function is an important factor.

Re your attack on BoS ideals - well, I personally don't mind. Every subject's avatar in the HSC, except maths, is but a ghastly, pathetic shadow of it's true self. These joke subjects cannot measure true potential, and as such it is useless to say "I did it all by my self, so should you.". If this were university, you would find me agreeing with you entirely and whole-heartedly.

Oh, and why did I exclude mathematics? Because it is extremely hard to butcher and bastardise mathematics as has been done with the sciences and the humanities. Some may say it is being done, what with the over-abundance of calculus and the heavy emphasis on memorisation of formulae, instead of deductive reasion, self-exploroation, imagination and proof (although this really only applies to the 2unit and general courses). But overall, maths is left untouched. And furthermore, you can't cheat maths. That's part of a much greaty beauty of maths - any effort you put in, no matter the source, is genuine.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
miss_niss said:
annoyed with those pretentious merriweather mafia girls and those posters who go, im aiming for a 99.99 i got 98 percent on my last test im sooooo good i did all this technical work hear me spout out all these long words and complicated bs yet i got the similar marks without half the fuss.
you get that in real life as well as on the forum, it's part of people's personalities, some people like to show off.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
i've always hated leaving loose ends of myself on the net.. such as unused accounts.. if I ever do something wrong oneday in the future.. the law enforcement could always track me down.. more like a case of removing ur identity:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)