How do they expect me to study for this?! (1 Viewer)

noturningback

HSC
Hi there
I'm just wondering, how am I supposed to prepare for the English trial papers when it is a completely new syllabus with an absence of any past papers of relevance present?
I'm not sure about others, but i'd find if a lot easier to study for this if we had the old syllabus where there was years and years of information and past papers with modeled responses.

You can't say "we are all on the same level though", alot of students have tutors that can help them, or even their class teachers despite the fact they are arguably useless with the limits on what they can help students with.

I just don't know whether to go over my class notes or what? I can't make thesis' for possible question styles when no past questions exist to base answers on.

erghhh, I hate English.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Either ask your teacher to come up with random questions that you can make essays for or come up with your own

I suggest that you have a basic essay structure (including quotes) for each topic that you just practise manipulating it for each different question.

Last edited:

noturningback

HSC
Thanks for your advice however seeing as school doesn't go back for a little while yet, do you think you could give me a random question for Bladerunner/Frankenstein and Hamlet?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Q1) How has you perception of Texts in Time been illuminated by your comparative study of the prescribed texts?

Q2)Mary Shelley's, Frankenstein and Ridley Scott's Bladerunner are both "timeless" in their sense of relevance to society. How is this the case?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For Paper One – despite the fact that the new Area of Study, Journeys and Belonging are very similar, so about 90% of the texts given in a Journeys Paper One will be just as relevant to Belonging. All you have to do is when you’re answering the question, answer it to belonging rather than journeys.

Creatives - just write

Essays - practice.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
make some essay questions for yourself by looking at the SYLLABUS and taking key terms used in there to create questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)