how do you achieve band 6's in the school certificate? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I got all band 6's, except Math - where I got 88. How did I do it? I didn't do anything and winged it.

I wouldn't suggest that - you may want to revise your work, but don't go overboard - overboard is what you do with HSC

mioumiou

HSC
should i just keep on completing heaps of past sc tests
to get band 6's for the sc?
I would say don't stress that much for the SCs. If you're really worried, just do the SC past papers and remember also examine the styles of questions that they "might" ask. Don't try to study every single thing that you've learnt, it was a waste of time. Just do the past papers! And chillax!!

mastermind666

HSC
For the SC maths exam, turn up on time and play pen chicken with your friends during the exam - see who can wait the longest before actually starting the exam!

My friend sampson did it, didnt write anything until the last 15 minutes, and got a 98

occer

HSC
N/A
a friend of mine slept in and missed out on the Computing exam by 30 minutes. still got a band 6.
I did it in 20, fell asleep for the rest and got a 96.

Nobody should ever study for this pitiful exam.

musing

HSC
But seriously, school hasn't started yet. Don't study hardcore for it, you'll learn the whole content in the classroom. And while holidays still here, go out and have fun. Who cares about SC, save the stress for HSC.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
For the SC maths exam, turn up on time and play pen chicken with your friends during the exam - see who can wait the longest before actually starting the exam!

My friend sampson did it, didnt write anything until the last 15 minutes, and got a 98
I think he started earlier than that, and then had 5minutes left at the end or something.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Just turn upto class and do your work all year, that's all you need to do. No study is needed.

mastermind666

HSC
I think he started earlier than that, and then had 5minutes left at the end or something.
might have been that, olivia told me about it actually
how many people played chicken with him during that exam?

ilikebeeef

HSC
no one gives a shit about SC.
If you have school exams a few weeks before, they will probably be harder than the actual SC. Study for these, and then keep reading over your notes before SC to keep it fresh-ish. It should work.
+1

should i keep on doing sc tests
to get band 6's in the sc
No just go over your SC Geography and History stuff. If you're really stuffed, do history and geo long responses in addition to that.

Maths and Computer = piss easy. People in my class laughed silently upon seeing them. I got 98 for computer, no study, left at least 40 minutes early. Seriously, it's more like a quiz than a test.

English and Science I don't remember what they were like. But I'm pretty sure you don't need to study for them.

The only thing I "studied" for was Geo and History.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
I got all band 6's, except Math - where I got 88. How did I do it? I didn't do anything and winged it.

I wouldn't suggest that - you may want to revise your work, but don't go overboard - overboard is what you do with HSC

for some reason that's the only thing i can think about you.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

^now thats a bit exaggerated i reckon

I agree, a very big exaggeration and isn't the math exam separated with a calculator and non-calculator exam? So if he didn't do anything until the last 15 minutes wouldn't he have missed the non calc exam? Or did he do the non-calculator exam and just didn't work in the calculator exam until the last 15 minutes?

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
just listen in class and you'll be right.

mastermind666

HSC
15 minutes in total my bad

it was like 5 minutes for the non-calculator part and 10 minutes for the calculator part

forgot to put that bit in

and the guy who i'm talking about is seriously like FREAK!!!!
FREAK by ruse standards even (he goes there)

x_jiim also knows him i think

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
15 minutes in total my bad

it was like 5 minutes for the non-calculator part and 10 minutes for the calculator part

forgot to put that bit in

and the guy who i'm talking about is seriously like FREAK!!!!
FREAK by ruse standards even (he goes there)

x_jiim also knows him i think
WOAHHH. RUSE?! Shit. I wish I was as smart as him.

koolkid59

HSC
thanks for da comments guys....
i appreciate them.....
is it true that if someone studies heaps for an exam and sum other does't study at all gets higher marks?
if so ...why?

-JD

HSC
Im sort of suspecting someone is trolling lol.

But if this is genuine, then yes some people can not study for exams like SC and achieve very good marks, not all people are like this though and some people require more effort to reach the same marks as others. Regardless of which one of these 2 people you are it really isn't worth getting yourself all worked up about the SC as it holds no real significance especially if you are going on to do your HSC, if you really are concerned about going well then I suggest you just apply yourself in class throughout the year and then perhaps do some light study the week before, this alone I believe is sufficient for most people to achieve Band 5/6+ in the exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)