How do you see certain UAI ranks as? (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Not from 65000 people..The point is, after a certain part, it basically becomes luck, and studying or effort make little difference...Like with running again, the difference between 1st and second is 0.01 seconds or so.
The aggregate mark for UAI of 99 is 447.1
The aggregate mark for UAI of 100 is 483.5

So are you saying that an extra 36.1 aggregate mark is luck?

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
70 - 80 is easy to achieve without going to school
80 - 90 is easy to achieve without studying
90 - 95 is achievable so long you study and do your assessments
95 - 97 is achieable so long as you study, work consistently and do your assessments
97 + ibe prepared to work super super hard

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
From my perspective:

*: no sign of effort really
30-60: barely any work
60-70: little bit of homework here now and then maybe studying...
70-80: studied off excel, macquarie, others' random notes,
80-90: made some effort to make your own notes/or read your books to interpret
90-95: obviously did some certain amount of studying everyday
95-98: you are good
98-99: you are extra good
99-99.5: extremely smart kid
99.5-99.8: very intelligent bloke/girl, know what he/she is doing VERY VERY WELL
99.8-100: seriously you are both very lucky and intelligent.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
You can't say that 70 and 89 are the same...
which is what your UAI brackets seem to suggest...

(this is at the OP)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
people can get ninety, ninety-five without trying, whereas others get sixty when they worked their asses off. it all depends on potential, and then how much you work.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
UAI < 85 - dumbasses

UAI > 85-90 average

UAI > 90 decent

UAI > 95 gj, too bad noone cares within the next 2 weeks

Dumbledore

HSC
UAI < 85 - dumbasses

UAI > 85-90 average

UAI > 90 decent

UAI > 95 gj, too bad noone cares within the next 2 weeks
85% of the state is made of dumbasses?
hooray for the ineptitude of human intelligence
(i'm probably gonna get <85)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
85% of the state is made of dumbasses?
hooray for the ineptitude of human intelligence
(i'm probably gonna get <85)
yes.

and it's more like 80% of the state are dumbasses, not 85.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Very simplistic.

I have taught some kids who got into the 90s and bludged the entire year and others who have worked their butts off for 6 years and got a UAI in the 30s.

For the first student 94 might be a bit disappointing whereas the second student should be overjoyed with 38.

To start with you have to look at the natural ability of the kids and then what they do with that.

The top student my school has ever had started to work in Year 11 and got 99.9. In her same year was a kid who worked solidly from Year 7, got 41.7 and we were probably more pleased with her result because we had seen the work and determination that had gone into it. We knew she couldn't do any more or better than she had but at the back of our minds was - could the other one have done a little more work early on and take her to 100?

OMG guys she's a teacher

...but out of interest, have you ever busted anybody at school for doing something wrong on here?

zzzz12345

HSC
The aggregate mark for UAI of 99 is 447.1
The aggregate mark for UAI of 100 is 483.5

So are you saying that an extra 36.1 aggregate mark is luck?
Not only that but that extra UAI point makes an enormous difference in terms of gaining acceptance into university courses especially in competitive subjects such as law and medicine where the UAI requirement is often >99 and thus a 99 would not gain you acceptance into the course while 100 would.
Furthermore I agree with Fortify's point. An extra 36.1 points in your aggregate, especially at the higher end is incredibly difficult to gain as it is often harder to gain 1 mark at the higher end rather than 10 marks at the lower end. Though both 99 and 100 generally require a high level of dedication it is pretty simplistic to say that 99 and 100 are directly comparable when you take into account the necessary amount of effort that would be required to increase your aggregate at that level.

dp624

HSC
Not only that but that extra UAI point makes an enormous difference in terms of gaining acceptance into university courses especially in competitive subjects such as law and medicine where the UAI requirement is often >99 and thus a 99 would not gain you acceptance into the course while 100 would.
Furthermore I agree with Fortify's point. An extra 36.1 points in your aggregate, especially at the higher end is incredibly difficult to gain as it is often harder to gain 1 mark at the higher end rather than 10 marks at the lower end. Though both 99 and 100 generally require a high level of dedication it is pretty simplistic to say that 99 and 100 are directly comparable when you take into account the necessary amount of effort that would be required to increase your aggregate at that level.
This

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
OMG guys she's a teacher

...but out of interest, have you ever busted anybody at school for doing something wrong on here?

If I come across one of my students posting here I might let them know e.g. if they are asking questions about an assessment task due the next morning I might make a crack when returning the task.

My students are told that I post here and even, most of the time, what my username is.

I advise them to come here to get advice and ideas.

As for what others tell me they are doing here - that is between their conscience and their school and not for me.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
If I come across one of my students posting here I might let them know e.g. if they are asking questions about an assessment task due the next morning I might make a crack when returning the task.

My students are told that I post here and even, most of the time, what my username is.

I advise them to come here to get advice and ideas.

As for what others tell me they are doing here - that is between their conscience and their school and not for me.
What a nice teacher :)

HSC
UAI enough to get you into the course you want = fucking awesome

The end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)