How do you study for an english creative? (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Is it a good idea to make my discovery creative set in a dystopian world like how they did it in Animal Farm, 1984, V for vendetta, Brave new world, the crucible, Farenheit 451, Harrison Bergenon, etc?

ml125

HSC
Is it a good idea to make my discovery creative set in a dystopian world like how they did it in Animal Farm, 1984, V for vendetta, Brave new world, the crucible, Farenheit 451, Harrison Bergenon, etc?
You should only set your creative in a dystopian setting if you are confident that you will be able to portray it well enough, and if it were to bring enough meaning to the piece. I'd personally try to set the piece in a setting the markers will be able to relate to, as it will be easier for them to understand the context of the creative without you having to explicitly define it.

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
ok sorry if i'm being annoying and commenting on every thread but what if the stimulus was a library and the question asked for the library to be the setting? I can't think of anything but a person discovering something in a book she found which I find is rather plain, clichéd and boring. any ideas?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
ok sorry if i'm being annoying and commenting on every thread but what if the stimulus was a library and the question asked for the library to be the setting? I can't think of anything but a person discovering something in a book she found which I find is rather plain, clichéd and boring. any ideas?
A murder takes place on the steps of a library.
An adopted boy finds out his birth mother works in a library just down the road
A couple first meet while taking shelter under the veranda of a library
A time capsule is opened, that was buried in front of a library
The local library burns down, and puts the people out of work
An immigrant starts learning English in a library
A homeless woman escapes the wind by huddling up in a library nook
A playground is ripped down to make way for a new library
Librarian by day, vampire hunter by night

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A murder takes place on the steps of a library.
An adopted boy finds out his birth mother works in a library just down the road
A couple first meet while taking shelter under the veranda of a library
A time capsule is opened, that was buried in front of a library
The local library burns down, and puts the people out of work
An immigrant starts learning English in a library
A homeless woman escapes the wind by huddling up in a library nook
A playground is ripped down to make way for a new library
Librarian by day, vampire hunter by night
What if you were interpret the library as something metaphorical--->e.g. representing your life being restricted?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What if you were interpret the library as something metaphorical--->e.g. representing your life being restricted?
Only if you actually refer to it in metaphor. Otherwise it's probably too oblique a reference.

If I was marking, I wouldn't get the connection between: this character feels restricted -> the author is referencing the nature of libraries.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Anything can be interpreted as a metaphor from the stimuli if you make your creative broad enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)