how do you study for the sc? (1 Viewer)

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
-may-cat- said:
mm so what? do them then get your teacher to check, if you have the answers infront of you theres no way you'll get anything out of doing them
lol our teacher is off teaching the yr 11 and 12 classes cause their teacher retired. So basically we are stuck with subs.
mm na i was just gonan check my answers against the recommended answers to compare =]

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ItsColinoOo0o said:
lol our teacher is off teaching the yr 11 and 12 classes cause their teacher retired. So basically we are stuck with subs.
mm na i was just gonan check my answers against the recommended answers to compare =]
surely not for all your subjects? (i know you're particularly concerned about science)

well sorry kiddo, the are no recommended answers to be had! just try doing the paper (for all your subjects) you might suprise yourself

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
-may-cat- said:
surely not for all your subjects? (i know you're particularly concerned about science)

well sorry kiddo, the are no recommended answers to be had! just try doing the paper (for all your subjects) you might suprise yourself
haha mm thanks anyways

you guys have being a great help
ty ty

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
oh, and now you have some notes, thanks to tal you can study them before doing a past paper to be a little more confident, good luck

omgd.

HSC
N/A
dont !
loll
make use of this freetimee
youre going to craveeee it next year !
well you can study a little,
but dont go hard out
seriously,
unless you drop out
its like a grain of salt...
:)

-tal-

HSC
ItsColinoOo0o said:
haha mm thanks anyways

you guys have being a great help
ty ty
Do the past papers with the notes in front of you. Seriously.

Now, if all else fails, wing it.

-tal-

HSC
ItsColinoOo0o said:
lol prose?
i just wikipedia-ed it and it said something about resembling daily speech
... that's why it's the most versatile technique and can easily be applied to everything. You'll most likely (95%) get a story to anlyse. That's where prose comes in.

Unless you really want me to teach you caesuras, litotes, auxesis and all that stuff, which you don't (and I won't either). So settle for using prose, dialogue, similes, metaphors etc.

lucemulley

HSC
hi tal, im new to bos and wondering where i can have a look at your notes for the sc- trials are next week but ive broken my arm.

thanks for your help! luce

-tal-

HSC
lucemulley said:
hi tal, im new to bos and wondering where i can have a look at your notes for the sc- trials are next week but ive broken my arm.

thanks for your help! luce
hey, lol no need to be so polite. If you go to the previous page, my notes should be uploaded there. Click on them.. they're in one of my posts somewhere

if you need further help don't hesitate to ask.

cHoke-meh

HSC
-tal- said:
hey, lol no need to be so polite. If you go to the previous page, my notes should be uploaded there. Click on them.. they're in one of my posts somewhere

if you need further help don't hesitate to ask.
lol i love your science notes :) the words just keep going....

aussie-boy

HSC
since schools choose their own curriculums before year 10 (in science especially), you cannot be examined on knowledge based questions - hence it is simply a comprehension test (like UNSW science competition) and so it is a complete waste of time to study (i didnt and got over 90 in everything)

the 1 exception to this is oz history/geo, where there is a set curriculum so you can be asked more specific things... my advice is read to the textbook again - dont bother trying to memorise shit, they give you so many choices in the exam that there will be always be something that you can answer confidently

and remember, it means nothing at all -
also try and negotiate with your school to let you go as soon as you have finished the paper (we didn't realise we would be sleeping for an hour in each exam and only managed to convince the school to let us go early in the very last paper)

HSC
yeah i didnt study for mine
i remember i didnt do any work all year in history, literally
cause i hate history, or atleast australian history

on the way into the exam hall i asked my mate to tell me the main points
bullshited my way through the exam
and got 91

so dont bother studying, waste of time when you could be enjoying the best part of your schooling life
when you can party everyweekend and shit

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
aussie-boy said:
since schools choose their own curriculums before year 10 (in science especially), you cannot be examined on knowledge based questions - hence it is simply a comprehension test (like UNSW science competition) and so it is a complete waste of time to study (i didnt and got over 90 in everything)

the 1 exception to this is oz history/geo, where there is a set curriculum so you can be asked more specific things... my advice is read to the textbook again - dont bother trying to memorise shit, they give you so many choices in the exam that there will be always be something that you can answer confidently

and remember, it means nothing at all -
also try and negotiate with your school to let you go as soon as you have finished the paper (we didn't realise we would be sleeping for an hour in each exam and only managed to convince the school to let us go early in the very last paper)

but say if you are applying for a scholarship for uni.

School Certificate is the last state wide test in which you will have with you since the HSC results are not out yet. Sure you can count on extra curriculum activities but then again, they wont give a massive scholarship to a dumbass. Thats just my perspective upon it.

Idk if im right or not

aussie-boy

HSC
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no you're not right
im applying for scholarships right now and the only academic marks they want are those from the trials

rolror88

HSC
N/A
ItsColinoOo0o said:
but say if you are applying for a scholarship for uni.

School Certificate is the last state wide test in which you will have with you since the HSC results are not out yet. Sure you can count on extra curriculum activities but then again, they wont give a massive scholarship to a dumbass. Thats just my perspective upon it.

Idk if im right or not
Wouldn't they look at your estimated UAI?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
rolror88 said:
Wouldn't they look at your estimated UAI?
nahh
just trial marks and ranks
and yearly and half yearly reports

youngminii

Banned
HSC
The School Certificate..
Probably the easiest major test I've done in my life
It's eeeasy, but if you wanna get high band 6's, a bit of study is useful
Also, if you're looking to move to a better school, sharpen up your Maths really well
My friend got 100 in Maths (yes I know, holy crap) and band 4s in everything else. He applied for North Sydney Boys (Rank 8) and they gave him an entry test which isn't too hard, and he got in
So if you're gonna study for something, study for maths, which ends up being really easy anyway =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)