• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do you tell a guy you like them (2 Viewers)

alic

HSC
im havin a bit of trouble tellin the guy i like that i like him as i dnt know if he likes me so how do you tell sum one that you like them??????????:wave:

litany

Helpfool
HSC
alic said:
im havin a bit of trouble tellin the guy i like that i like him as i dnt know if he likes me so how do you tell sum one that you like them??????????:wave:
I don't know about telling a guy about how you like him, but I CAN tell you how to not go about doing it.

1. Do not drop hints and expect him to get it. For the most part this never works. It only serves to confuse the male and will most likely result in his swift exit stage left.

2. Do not pretend to like another guy in hopes of getting him jealous in hopes causing him to tell his feelings (if any) to you. This will probably result in any feelings of his (if he is half-decent) being squashed by himself as he would want you to "be happy."

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
if you were crazy like i am you'd walk right up to his house and kiss him at the sight of him

then again i was 15 turning 16 and liked the romantic movie thing. Still with the boy.

Moral of the story is, have some guts and tell him. Seriously 5 years on and you tell him "did you know i use to have a crush on you?" and he'd go "SERIOUS?!?! OMG i did tooo!"

you would fucking kick yourself.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
litany speaks well. us guys have nfi what you girls try to hint to us. your better off just telling us. if the hints are too vague....the guy would most likley just think...she doesnt like me, move on. well that is what i would do. i would rather that the girl tells me how she feels and then happily ever after i guess

ioniser

HSC
and dont tell him straight out that you like him

thats just a bit too much to absorb in 1 go

(personally when a couple of girls did that to me i just shot myself ,i was thinking in my head "wtf do i know you?Who are you? This is weird lol.")

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
litany said:
1. Do not drop hints and expect him to get it. For the most part this never works. It only serves to confuse the male and will most likely result in his swift exit stage left."
Unless the hint is a blow job.

Just tell him. Stuff will not just happen. You have to be willing to risk everything to win anything worthwhile.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Depends, if you think you've got a chemistry going with them, then there should be no issue cause the thought would probably have occurred to them anyway.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
ioniser said:
(personally when a couple of girls did that to me i just shot myself ,i was thinking in my head "wtf do i know you?Who are you? This is weird lol.")
pimp :D

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Don't blow him off once and then expect him to take a hint when you act in a manner slighter more than friends

My suggestion would be to tell him if you get a chance when he is alone, if u do i my a little note that you've written and drawn hearts all over, don't expect him to ever look at you again!

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
haha seriously don't try hinting to them..it won't work and you'll just get really frustrated! lol this is so lame but you could always ask him on the phone, that way if anything goes wrong, it won't be that bad. Or you could randomly give him a kiss :)

King Tut

HSC
N/A
Definitely tell him while he's alone because the chances of him doing something utterly stupid or unexpected are higher when he's around his mates... you know how some things are...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
umm... i just tell someone that i like them. I dunno about anyone else, but i hate agonising over whether he likes me back blah blah. just telling them gets it all off your chest, then its a win win. if they dont like you back, well too bad, but at least you know, and that you don't go on living never knowing what could have been. then theres the other way, where he likes you back!! personally, i just see that as a bonus. i actually LIKE telling people that i like them. regardless of what they think

Pierotte

HSC
Hahah i suck at doing so.

Last time went like this:

I very seriously went up to the guy and go "I have to speak to you" He smiled, so annoyed i dragged him outside.

I then just paused for ages

He was just staring at me.

Then i just go "Well, you know.. and DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT!!??"

Him "Hahah! Yeah, i like you too"

Luckily he spoke retard and was patient.

If i were to go about it again i know i say id try be more forward... but well i dunno. I suck at expressing how i feel in words. That teamed up with a fear of rejection.. ugh!
Then again its not very often that u have to actully tell the guy how you feel, usually the feelings mutual and it just eventuates. Thank goodness!!

Wow.. such anti help.

HSC
do something obvious too him that indicates you like him like ask him what is he doing weekend and if he says nothing then say lets go watch this movie [insert bullshit reason; eg. my mates dogged me]

or even slap his ass, seriously if i had a girl do that id be flattered ...

whats worse is the girls who basically ignore/hate you when they like you .. worst bit is that if that is the case i cant tell the difference, i got a girl showing cases of "like/hate" me today was a "like" day, next week perhaps a "hate" and by hate i mean total ignore
girls are so screwed :(

HSC
HA! so you girls do it, please decypher this for me since your one of those sort of girls

when a girl looks at the ground when she see's you what does that mean? i followed advice and kept ignoring her thinking shes playing some game and eventually it led too her talking abit too me, before usually even if shes in vicinity she wont even participate in convo and leave or something, now she was talking too me when i was in the middle of telling my mate how nice some food was

that last sentance sounds like me a little when i see her, see i dont know if i like her but she makes me hella curious

my advice: if he actually likes you or indicated it at all (ie. he looks at you, smiles, winks, makes jokes, usual guy shit that involves him cracking onto you) then an ass slap will catalyse this whole 'bullshit aura' that seems to be stopping you from getting too him, otherwise i recommend you grow some confidence and just talk too him. whats he going too do, ignore you? no way, yell at you? of course not .. then what else could happen? if the convo is awrkard and he is a nice bloke he'll try too keep it flowing

this problem i was having i grew confidence not just her but in general workplace, not sure if thats what changed things but its worth a shot ... remmeber too make sure it isnt hollow confidence, and you know what i mean by that

Last edited:

davin

HSC
N/A
remember girls, guys won't care about the finer details of your appearance if you're not wearing a shirt

HSC
chances are she'll freak out, someone was telling me that she's probably embarassed or something (about what?!) ... but someone who knows her (i asked, but she wouldnt tell her i trust) said i got no chance, but i said in what context and she was very reluctant, my gut was telling me that she's hiding something because if you know 2 people well and that they aren't meant too be you can usually say why
she generally looks to the ground, sometimes too left/right. so i just like returned the favour so now she talks, wtf? i have been told shes going through a hard time though .. but still, she even at one stage 1-2 months ago would say hello too my mate sam right next too me like if im up in the team room and not too me so i was getting this notion she hates me and since i can be a mean bastard i just ignored her too

alright now you want me too tell you what a guy does too like a girl? firstly tell me his confidence level

if he is shy: enquiry too your work mates that you trust if he has said anything about you

if he's confident: speak too him, i know it sounds odd but he will also engage

now if i was looking/scoping out a girl and she suddenly see's me, depending on what she does if shes in shock (you may of been if he caught you looking or vica versa) id suddenly look away, he could be just shy

if he hated/didnt like you i guarantee he'd totally ignore you and any 'dickhead' or 'jerk' side he may have will kick in

HSC
Casmira said:
chances are she'll freak out, someone was telling me that she's probably embarassed or something (about what?!) ... but someone who knows her (i asked, but she wouldnt tell her i trust) said i got no chance, but i said in what context and she was very reluctant, my gut was telling me that she's hiding something because if you know 2 people well and that they aren't meant too be you can usually say why
she generally looks to the ground, sometimes too left/right. so i just like returned the favour so now she talks, wtf? i have been told shes going through a hard time though .. but still, she even at one stage 1-2 months ago would say hello too my mate sam right next too me like if im up in the team room and not too me so i was getting this notion she hates me and since i can be a mean bastard i just ignored her too

alright now you want me too tell you what a guy does too like a girl? firstly tell me his confidence level

if he is shy: enquiry too your work mates that you trust if he has said anything about you

if he's confident: speak too him, i know it sounds odd but he will also engage

now if i was looking/scoping out a girl and she suddenly see's me, depending on what she does if shes in shock (you may of been if he caught you looking or vica versa) id suddenly look away, he could be just shy

if he hated/didnt like you i guarantee he'd totally ignore you and any 'dickhead' or 'jerk' side he may have will kick in
Girls like guys who know the difference between 'to' and 'too'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)