How do you.. (1 Viewer)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
..cut down your notes to the extent where you can actually study them and not have like 40+ pages of notes?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Read
2. Think about them, summarise in your mind (make it into dot points, or put 2-4 dot points into like 1 sentence.
3. Write
4. Continue steps 1 - 3 until notes are completed.

hood hood

HSC
just simply take notes you think is most important and memorize it as much as you can then start all ova again!!! and try to use key words to help you remember about the issue/ topic being discussed! :)

mioumiou

HSC
..cut down your notes to the extent where you can actually study them and not have like 40+ pages of notes?

Follow this step as mentioned,
1. Read
2. Think about them, summarise in your mind (make it into dot points, or put 2-4 dot points into like 1 sentence.
3. Write
Then you have to re-read them (has to be in your own words), edit them to make them shorter (or add extra info.) and continue that until your notes are shorten, and nice and easy for YOU to read. (but I think if you edit LOADS of times, you'll gradually memorise some part of it)

Good Luck with your studies! :uhhuh:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Then you have to re-read them (has to be in your own words), edit them to make them shorter (or add extra info.) and continue that until your notes are shorten, and nice and easy for YOU to read. (but I think if you edit LOADS of times, you'll gradually memorise some part of it)
lol!

This is what step 4 was for:

:hammer:

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
make concise notes showing keywords so that way in an exam the keywords can trigger your memory.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nyeh, I just leave all the useless/obvious stuff out. And sometimes the important things too. Works for me =\

inedible

HSC
How about you have a two table format in Microsoft Word. Have the syllabus dot points on one side of the table and your notes, in dot points, on the other side. This way you'll only maybe 10 pages. I have a set of chemistry notes that are like 7 pages per topic, cause my memory sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)