• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how does these subjects scale? (2 Viewers)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Don't worry too much about scaling, as long as you do well in all the subjects, you'll get a good UAI.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
you should only estimate UAI through ur ranks. your internal school marks means nothing to the board of studies.

As for EE1&2 English, i think what this kids trying to say that is that English extension courses don't scale as well as Maths extension courses.

Judging from your ranks id say u can get in the 90's pretty easily.
I still don't get how people estimate UAIs by ranks. Do people just guess? Ranks can have significant differences in different schools. You're most likely to get the same external marks then your internals unless you do subjects which align really well.

LordPc

HSC
well, internal ranks AND your school rank can give a fairly good indication of your rank.

but OP didnt give school rank, so yea, all UAI estimates in this thread are pretty much based on nothing, lol

danal353

HSC
2 u Maths
Adv English
Physics
Economic
Business Studies
Geography
I've been told that business studies doesn't scale well but the rest of your subjects are okay, especially adv. eng and economics. adv english actually scales about the same as ext. I and ext II english - not sure why though...

economics scales better than physics and 2 U maths scales alright... not sure about geography..

but really its all relative, all subjects actually scale down except ext I and ext II maths, the difference is just by how much - the less you get the more it will scale down so its always better to chose subjects you're good at...

...that concludes my rant...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)