• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (2 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
illin said:
presssure of HSC?
What pressure?

There are always ways of getting to do what u want to do even if you fall short of your target UAI. You may have to go to other Universities and apply for a transfer to the uni of ur choise, pay your way through, go through a different course and transfer to another course, ...

There is sooo much hype about the HSC, getting 99+ UAI, but there is much more to life than just the HSC.
I want to do combined law at uni, preferably at UNSW, however, that requires 99.30 UAI to get in, a bit tough but i may still get there. But if i do not get over that, i can still go to ANU, which is in the top 50 universities in the world, and requires ~95 UAI to get in (lower because there is not as competion and demand for that course in Canberra)

Its a matter of perception. I dont believe that there is as much pressure as everyone thinks
95 to some people is like that 99:3 for you...also ANU is not an option for alot of people because it is in Canberra (even though they may get 95+). You're lucky to be able to consider that option though :)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Our classes have been getting heaps of lectures about focusing and sacrifice etc. 2 of my teachers are doing it, and it really makes you feel like shit. One of them was ranting today about "you shouldnt go away for the holidays, you should be at home..." and so it went on. She is always nagging about the waste of time in our class (by a few boys who never shut up) and then she gets up on her soap box for at least a period...and thats just today.

Its really starting to get to me actually. Its just hard to get motivated
I had teachers at skool saying the same about how yr 12 dont get holidays its all about study and revising (humph, thats bull sh*t) its all about balance I'd study for half the hols then go away for the other half so that I could relax, you've got to be mentally healthy as physically healthy to do well in the hsc and I think that is too often overlooked in the scheme of things. As a result of doing both I did quite well in my hsc. and I'm proud of where I'm at this yr.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Our classes have been getting heaps of lectures about focusing and sacrifice etc. 2 of my teachers are doing it, and it really makes you feel like shit. One of them was ranting today about "you shouldnt go away for the holidays, you should be at home..." and so it went on. She is always nagging about the waste of time in our class (by a few boys who never shut up) and then she gets up on her soap box for at least a period...and thats just today.

Its really starting to get to me actually. Its just hard to get motivated
Thats crazy! Talk about pressure to the max! You'd get more benefit if your teacher stepped off the soap box during lessons and actually taught you something.

AlabasterMan

Outside, looking in. Inside, looking out.
HSC
Yeah I reckon the way to run your HSC successfully is just to cut out all the crap you do that really only bores you. Like, try to make everything you do the stuff you really enjoy. I'm working more this year than any other year - well, duh - but I'm actually having more fun than I've had in any other year because I just try to make everything I do something I really like. So yeah, I've only got half (a quarter?) of the time I used to, but I just don't do some of the stuff I used to - TV, computer games, few other things - because it was only ever a way to turn off my brain and lie back in a stupor.
*sees crowd surrounding him with sharp pointy sticks*
Ok, so enjoying my HSC year instead of getting stressed out is a little odd....
Look, a flying wombat!
*runs off while crowd is distracted*

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
what's the average to get a uai in a course, is it like 50 or more?
btw im stressed out with all the work at school, omg

nowhereperfect

HSC
the pressure is major, they keep saying they arent but they so are.
Every teacher thinks their subject is the most important so if u forgot to do some homework because you were to busy writing something else thats important and they get all shitty at you!!!
Im getting 7 hours of sleep but it doesnt do me any good, im still as exhausted in the morning. Im really falling behind espcially with my SDD major work.

Im in close terratories to just giving up. I've had enough of the crap you get from your parents and teachers.

Last edited:

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
FAAAK - kids! HSC is ez. Stop stressing.

Major Works: I didnt do any work until the holidays b4 it was due, that was for d&t AND art. I ended up havn to do 2 all nighters b4 each one was due as well. I ended up getn 80 somthn for both of em. My advice - do an hour of work on ur major works every day or wat you can handle, it doesnt matter if its just 10 min - just do somthn. Infact, everyday is pretty far fetched. Just set urself a goal every week to hav one part of it done. Another thing that will hlp is if u get as much of it done as possible these holidays.

Pre-trials and Trials: They r sooooo much harder than the HSC. Your teachers make them harder so that it can motivate u to study harder - not that it workd for me. Do not get put down when u have fkn hard trial exams and go sht, the hsc is much ezr.

Study: You dont have to study 4-6 hrs every night after school. Ok - thats just fkn retarded. Practically - after u hav done ur homework etc, if u do 1 maybe 2 hrs of study/making notes a night then u wil b sweet. Just do a lil bit every day and trust me it all amounts up to alot. If you just sit there thinking - ok tonight im doing 5 hrs of work. Sure u wil sit there for 5 hrs. But practically - ul get about 2 hrs of actual work done. Just be smart about and think logically. I always u to sit there (still do :p) and say. Ok - tomorrow im doing TONS of work, and i never did. I wld just fk around for 2 hrs finding somthn to distract myself wit. But, if i just did 1/2 hr to an hour of actual work done i would of been sweet - and i would of spent an hour on study compared to 2-3hrs of fuckign around.

Notes: Every now and then, say every 2-3 weeks, dedicate a night to just doing notes. Just go through ur subjects and take down the stuff which u think u arnt going to remember in a months time. Dont summarise stuff that u kno off by heart - thats a waste of time. Ur notes dont have to be perfectly structured and neatly done, they juste hav to suit u.

Pressure parents/teachers: The pressure that ur parents/teachers put on u is just bs bs bs. They think if they nag the sht out of u that u wil do ur best - cause rly thats all they wont. But they dont realise that u can look after urself and u dont need som1 watchn over ur shoulder 24/7. My advice, just dont listen cause all it does is stress u out more. Just let it go in one ear and out the other.

You still have alot of time till the hsc. But dont just tell ur self that all the time cause ul keep postponing ur study, like i did :p. Like i said - just do a steady amount of small work. At the end of the day it all amounts up to alot. Dont sit there stressing urself out thinking - i gota do 6 hrs a night i gota do 6hrs a nigt. hahahah fk that!

I hope this hlps people who r havn a bit of trouble coping wit all the bs and hype of the hsc. and yes this obviously my tips wont suit every1s study habits.

Its all hype!pace ur self and think about it logically and ul b sweet. Dont stress over the bs that teachers and parents go on about...cause rly, they hav never done the HSC before so they rly DONT kno. ow - and one last thing. When ur mates sit there going..."im doign 6 hrs of study a night" tell them to go fk themselves and stop lien - usually u can divide it by at least 2 and thats the real amount :p

Edit: ow and this was mainly aimed towards guys cause i wouldnt hav a clue how chicks study. :rolleyes:

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
yeah at our school we can sign up for a mentor, which is a teacher that u meet up with on a regular basis and u can talk about school or anything at all really.. it does help alot - i reccomend it! it keeps u grounded and for me personally, it helped me dismiss all my silly little neurosis's about my ability blah blah n arranged a study timetable etc.. its good aye
we have that @ our school. I picked my legal teacher coz he's the only person who has ever said they are proud of me.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
We've got to remember too as some of us are ex-students of the HSC student that its easy to give the advice to the 05ers and forget exactly what its like to be back in that HSC spot again, thasts why when I give advice in this thread I try and put myself in their same position, while using my welfare skills to be as subjective as I can.
So i guess yes by all means give the advice to help to help these guts through but just be very careful in what advice you give & how you give it. :)
4 days till the end of term Only 2 terms to go!!:D Remember to plan your hols out so you get both a balance of study and free time, be kind to your body

haack_m

HSC
the pressure

the pressure is ok, the worst thing is having a teacher for ipt that doesn't speak english good, we counter she said the word ok 76 times in 80 mins, but apart from that everything else is smoothish, but has nebody got ne notes on french beginners and hospitality, ive been looking but i can't find any anywhere.... help please

HSC
Due to half yearlies, Im starting to become disillusioned with year 12 and the hsc, as it now seems likely I won't go well

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
i feel stressed during my exam period
2 weeks seem like forever :(
I know exactly what you talking about, all anyone can ask of you is to do the best you can possibly do. I wish you and the rest of yr 12 2005 good luck and a safe and happy holiday, remember if any of the class of 05 need to have a whinge about yr 12 that is what I'm here for and the purpose of me making this thread :uhhuh:

haack_m

HSC
Can Nebody Help Me With Notes From French Beginners And Or Hospitality Operations

Thanky

llamasohee

HSC
i hate my chem teacher so does the rest of the class. he does absoultely nothing... he comes into class and says u guys know what to do. he doesnt teach and worst of all he has a temper problem... /fail chem :(

haack_m

HSC
llamasohee said:
i hate my chem teacher so does the rest of the class. he does absoultely nothing... he comes into class and says u guys know what to do. he doesnt teach and worst of all he has a temper problem... /fail chem :(
i have almost the same thing, but for ipt my teacher can speak english, but she is nt understandable, we have bitched to all the teachers but all can do nothing, HELP WITH IPT NEEDED, i used to like it, until we got out new teacher, now its worst then english

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
haack_m said:
i have almost the same thing, but for ipt my teacher can speak english, but she is nt understandable, we have bitched to all the teachers but all can do nothing, HELP WITH IPT NEEDED, i used to like it, until we got out new teacher, now its worst then english
worst then english? yuor an idiot. just study yuor self from the book and yuool be fine. i had an asian teacher when i did ipt and he was shokcing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)