• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
pirotess4 said:
I've got so much work to do i'm beginning to lose count......5 major works, heaps of assignments, lots of class essays and practice exams and a hell of research but hey....wat can ya do eh? I should be doin an assignment that's due on Monday - I'll do it 2morrow!! Haha. I have plans for my major works but other then that no study plans as of yet. I have an 11 day break between HSC exams so yay!! To be honest i'm busy worrying about the cost of formal!
lol.... the formal?.. that's the last thing on my mind

ahhhhh....5 major works....!!!!!!

good luck...

yeh this term is action packed for almost everyone.... as of yet most of my assessments are exams... except for an exteremly overworked english assessment which was handed to us a few days ago.... we are so lucky it's worth 15% and it requires us to write 12 essays... I know i'll enjoy some of the essays about Martin luther king an abraham lincon.. but socrates and cicero... talk about boring...

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
its bad
ive got 4 assessments due this week
legal studies hand in and oral, ISP diary check hand in they are due monday
then fri iv got business financial assessment research hand in and then in class test plus IPT major journal hand up check on fri also

theres 8 assessments for me this term including 2 major projects due in week 8 and week 10!
joe.... i wish u all the best.... everytime i think i have assessments way over my head.. I bump into one of ur posts... and suddenly realise I'm not the only one...

oh by the way for those who have like 3+ major works... do thsoe subjcets(i.e. the ones that require the submission of a major work) also have an HSC examination... or r they like 4 units english where u only have to submit a major work and that's that...

I know visual arts has a final exam as well as a major work... but how is it for u guys and the rest of ur subjects?...

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
physician said:
lol.... the formal?.. that's the last thing on my mind

ahhhhh....5 major works....!!!!!!

good luck...
LoL i agree on the formal point. For me last year the formal was the last thing on my mind, I was too busy concentrating on Art shit etc.
This year though is a different though the last thing on my mind is the amount of sleep I'm going to get each night or how much time I'm going to get to spend with my family before I move out of home in a few weeks, and thats because my biggest worry is welfare, welfare, welfare.

MaryJ_

HSC
I actively avoid thinking about the workload. Instead I focus on silly things like the year book, formal, jerseys, leadership conferences to attend and other extra cirricular activities that to zippo for my UAI. lol, it's working well so far. When I feel like it's all caving in I just remind myself that I have 'other' responsibilities, and that if I put 100% in I'd be alright. The only reason I'm doing reasonably well is because I pay attention at school. From there, I find that you just need a couple of hours for every subject when the holidays swing around.
Remember thousands of other students have been through the HSC before and they turned out just fine.

MaryJ_

HSC
Just to answer your question physician, I have major works for hist ext and ext 2 eng. I have an ISP for SOR, which is much bigger than an ordinary assessment but not as big as a typical major. ext 2 is the only one that doesnt have course work with it. The course is entirely based on the major work and its components, such as the proposal, reflection statement etc. As for the other subjects, there is a major work to be marked and other course work to be examined.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
big things can be achieved by breaking them down into smaller things...kind of cliche but i feel it's true. I've prevailed somewhat so far just giving 100% to every assessment that comes my way, i think i'm ranked 4th in my worst subject, so its worked out so far. i'm working on the basis that tomorrow will take care of itself, and that anything i do well now will help in the assessments/exams to come. it sounds easier said than done, but if you have a real driving force behind you (something or someone) than it can help immensely

bEAbEA

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I have an assesmement that is worth 100% in one of my subjects!!!!! Highly stressed :eek:
Can they do that? Its not allowed at our school to have something worth 100%!

tempco

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I have an assesmement that is worth 100% in one of my subjects!!!!! Highly stressed :eek:
what subject is this for?

Mandy101

HSC
I am loving it! This is the first year I've really studied and I'm enjoying it so much. I can't believe how fast time has gone.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I guess you've got a point Mandy. I am finally studying and doing well because of it. I'd still prefer it to pass quickly, though. :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
C'mon... if you don't get into Law you can come and do maths with me. :p

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
bEAbEA said:
Can they do that? Its not allowed at our school to have something worth 100%!
All part of tertiary education I'm afraid!! :( :mad:

nekkid said:
what subject is this for?
The subject is group work in CSI (Community Services Industry)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I think im coping ok now. I know my ranks and my average marks for all my subjects and I'm happy with all of them except for one. So its peachy keen.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
i think it's been an amazing time. just to focus on the schoolwork might be a little bit of a bleak way to look at it

get_born

i was doing ok....but like two days i just started crying...turns out it was me trying to keep my stress inside. Art is taking over my life!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)