• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
*SHeLL!* said:
country bumkins rock!
most of my year are pretty carefree wen it comes to studying! anyway there are too many distractions for example.... several 18ths...
its been proven in results that if you stress too much then ya wont succeed! so STRESS LESS! :rolleyes:
lol

My country bumpkin friends do their best exams stoned.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Your not the only one with a craptastic teacher for modern......... arggggghh i hate her so much! So i am in the same boat as you, really...... having to rely on self-teaching to progress.......
My modern teacher didn't know:

- Who Lev Kamanev was
- Karl Marx's country of origin
- Who got the highest modern history mark last year...understandably.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Gavrillo said:
My modern teacher didn't know:

- Who Lev Kamanev was
- Karl Marx's country of origin
- Who got the highest modern history mark last year...understandably.
Out with that teacher then or as they say in Alice in wonderland "OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!" :chainsaw: :p

DjSmiG

HSC
i hate teachers who dont know anything they suck the dick, litterally thats how they got their job, stress is fine, i just go off and have a batt or a root :D

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
When it comes to modern teachers my teacher is the worst. He's so old and scary. Once he threatened to kill us if we confused Herbert Hoover and J. Edgar Hoover and then the light flickered. It was majorly scary.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Sweets said:
When it comes to modern teachers my teacher is the worst. He's so old and scary. Once he threatened to kill us if we confused Herbert Hoover and J. Edgar Hoover and then the light flickered. It was majorly scary.
ohhh scary sh*t :eek:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
DjSmiG said:
i hate teachers who dont know anything they suck the dick, litterally thats how they got their job, stress is fine, i just go off and have a batt or a root :D
Are we thinking the same thing or what? :p

*REPREPREPREP*

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
some teachers deserve more

I think there are some teachers in the system who are just there for the sake of getting paid and they consider teaching to be an 'easy' and ' push over' kind of job, hence they fail to teach us properly (I know we've all had at least one teacher like that during the course of our education).

Having said that on the other side of the coin there are also many teachers in the education system that put their heart and soul into teaching and they'd do anything to see us suceed. And it is often those teachers who go unoticed; as it is those negitive teachers that take the gloss away from the occupation.

I guess it's up to us to insure that we acknowledge the work that the great teachers in our schools and make sure that they know that what they are doing is helping us achieve what we want. Honestly there are some teachers I had in years 11 and 12 that bend over backwards to give my year the best oppotunity to get somewhere in life and there are alot of teachers that deserve more than they are paid.

For example my English teacher in years 11 & 12 would give up her time at school to help me with my English work if I was stuck, alot of the time she'd give up 30 minutes to an hour of a night to explain things over the phone not to mention email me during weekends and holidays. Not only did she help me in English but German as well, and this teacher was also the push of change and equality as I ran for prefect at the end of year 11 in 2002, insisting that as a student with a moderate to severe physical disability I should be given the oppotunity to run for school prefect and captain.

As the prefect co-ordinator claimmed that because of disability I would not be able to uphold the quailities of my school on a leadership level. So that claimed was challenged when I spoke to other staff days before giving my speech I was on the quest to find at least two teachers to nominate me to run for prefect and once word was out there amoung the skeptics was about 4 teachers willing to nominate me.

Among the assembly of students and teachers as I was giving my speech there was my English teacher (despite being told not to attend the assembly due to a 6 period day) But there she was standing at the back of the with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes as I stated to bring equality, fairness to all students and not to dismiss me because of the fact I use a wheelchair. Her and I both knew that if I didn't get elected for 2003 that because of the contraversy that surrounded whether or not I should run for the position that I'd already done so much by just running for prefect.

So happend that I was elected and after finding out I sped up to the quad that my English was doing duty and yelled I did it!!!! And with us both crying we (in front of everyone) grabbed each other and hugged. I didn't make captain for 2003 (Although it was argued that I should) But at the end of the year I ended up being the most reconised student of 2003 in services inside and outside the school, school representation and was also school mentor. All the while maintaining top 30 in my year for eng and top 10's in Food tech & German.

In 2004 my now ex-eng teacher accepted a transfer to teach in Sydney despite the saddness of her leaving I continued the push toward equality for all students. I was elected as a mentor for a year 9 student who'd come back to school after an accident left him wheelchair bound. I also became an english tutor for year 12 students that had emotional difficulties and other types of issues as, well as being assistant co-ordinator for our schools debating/public speaking festivsal, was publihed in Dolly mag and and came top 30 % percent in the state for my two subjects.

So, I guess in the end it's up to us to get what we can out of our teachers :)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Who want another two wks hols now????

Who is wanting just desperately to go on hols again??? I do for sure, I have been back at tafe for about 3 weeks and it feels like forever!!!!! I mean I've already pulled an all nighter to get through the work and i had 6 hrs @ TAFE the next day!!! :eek: And seriously my teacher on thursday subjects asked what wk we're and we replied "the second" she was like "it has to be longer than that surely"

We all need a break I swear.....

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
its stressin' me out big time at school, when i came back from the holidays for 2nd term, and school has me stressin' me out so hard that i wanted to drop out of school and blow my head off, so much pressure from others for me to do my best, i cant cope it anymore.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
bitchgirl said:
its stressin' me out big time at school, when i came back from the holidays for 2nd term, and school has me stressin' me out so hard that i wanted to drop out of school and blow my head off, so much pressure from others for me to do my best, i cant cope it anymore.
I know that feeling all too well!!! Just last night I was saying to someone that I wanted to drop out of my Welfare course, because you get so snowed under and everything in one way or another gets put on hold. Frankly I'm sick of it; but when I look at it I worked so hard to get into the course that it would be a shame to waste it.
So I'm going to hang in there and if worst comes to worse then I can always redo cert IV and put the dip on hold.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
what makes is worse is when teachers feel the need to "remind" us that we have the HSC at the end of the year... and then some of them go on to spell out all the things we need to do and what will make us fail.

Oiiii! Like we don't know!!:chainsaw:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I feel like i'm under so much pressure. I have 8 assessments left this term and then trials in wks 3-5 of term3 and everything seems to be going to fast and its like there is always something to do.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
its bad
ive got 4 assessments due this week
legal studies hand in and oral, ISP diary check hand in they are due monday
then fri iv got business financial assessment research hand in and then in class test plus IPT major journal hand up check on fri also

theres 8 assessments for me this term including 2 major projects due in week 8 and week 10!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
its bad
ive got 4 assessments due this week
legal studies hand in and oral, ISP diary check hand in they are due monday
then fri iv got business financial assessment research hand in and then in class test plus IPT major journal hand up check on fri also

theres 8 assessments for me this term including 2 major projects due in week 8 and week 10!
I sympathise with you Joe I have 8 assigments left & two presentations to do and there's only about 5 weeks left till the end of the TAFE semester!!!! I'm dying :( And its only first semester.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I've got so much work to do i'm beginning to lose count......5 major works, heaps of assignments, lots of class essays and practice exams and a hell of research but hey....wat can ya do eh? I should be doin an assignment that's due on Monday - I'll do it 2morrow!! Haha. I have plans for my major works but other then that no study plans as of yet. I have an 11 day break between HSC exams so yay!! To be honest i'm busy worrying about the cost of formal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)