• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How long can Pakistan survive? (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
And how many lives is a democracy worth losing?
How many lives would have been lost anyway through other means? How many more would have been killed in another major attack in the West? How many more women, children and secularists would have been executed in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan?

Lentern

HSC
How many lives would have been lost anyway through other means? How many more would have been killed in another major attack in the West? How many more women, children and secularists would have been executed in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan?

I plan to go to Afghanistan next week to try and justify the war to the ordinary people. I see it as my way of serving the country seeing I have a disease called pacifism. Could you give me something perhaps more convincing, I mean I'm convinced but I'm not sure the 30 year old woman who lost two of her children to the invasion, neither of which were more than 10, will be quite convinced that life in the democratic Afghanistan they now enjoy is worth the loss.

Lentern

HSC
Nor do I remember the Weimar Reichstag doing so.
When a question is asked of you and then a second question asked of another it is traditional to answer that which was directed to you, even when it is easier to play with historical technicalities than justify killing a mothers child.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
When a question is asked of you and then a second question asked of another it is traditional to answer that which was directed to you, even when it is easier to play with historical technicalities than justify killing a mothers child.
Does iddle-biddle Wentern not like to be proven wrongy-wongy! No he doesn't! Coo-chi-coo-chi-coo!

Lentern

HSC
Does iddle-biddle Wentern not like to be proven wrongy-wongy! No he doesn't! Coo-chi-coo-chi-coo!
Again he evades the question, Leo Mcgarry would tell me to walk away, I have posed a question which you would rather make quips and high school calls than answer and it only reflects badly on you. But Leo died so I'll engage anyway, he won a majority in the Reichstag, he recieved the most votes of any living presidential candidate, Hitler was the democratic head of government in the Weimar Republic and Third Reich.

Venom.

HSC
Fail argument.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
he won a majority in the Reichstag, he recieved the most votes of any living presidential candidate, Hitler was the democratic head of government in the Weimar Republic and Third Reich.
err, he never won in the presidential elections?
Nor was he a democratically elected head of state.

Lentern

HSC
err, he never won in the presidential elections?
Nor was he a democratically elected head of state.
Emphasis on "living", there was no vice president, Hitler came second in the election and chancellor was next in the order of succession.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Keep in mind this is from the same country that invested millions of dollars in figuring out how to harness 'djinns' (Desert Spirits/Devils) in weaponry.
Wow. I mean, really... wow.

100% serious. They are fucking batshit insane.

That coupled with the fact that apparently 90% of the Pakistani population refutes Evolution we start to see a massive problem emerging...
After that last comment, this one does not surprise me in the slightest. Should've started with this one, and upped the anti with the one about 'djinns'

In their defense, pistachio's are delicious.
True, true. Pistachios must be taken into account.

I'd love to live in a country with no serious economy, fuck all academic institutions and parts of the country that are quite literally seceding and are known as 'tribal areas'.
Really? I wouldn't... that sounds like shit.

You failed to respond adequately to my original query. Do you actually know anything about Pakistan at all? Its just awfully predictable that you're another keyboard warrior.
Of all the things to accuse Parlabane (and there are lots of things to accuse him of; no offense Parlabane), a lack if knowledge is simply not one of them. You can accuse him of a misinterpretation of the facts if your views differ from his, but the bare facts he presents are all true, and when they're not he seems to admit it.

What, cos you're already homosexual?
Heh.

I don't remember the Kaiser killing 6 million jews.
You've got quite a good memory then, don't you? I guess you also remember that it was Hitler who, through clever legal procedure and bare ruthlessness, gained total power in spite of the measures that the Weimar constitution had put in place. Though it had its faults, it was Hitler and the the Nazis and not the democracy itself that killed 6 million Jews.

But Leo died so I'll engage anyway, he won a majority in the Reichstag, he recieved the most votes of any living presidential candidate, Hitler was the democratic head of government in the Weimar Republic and Third Reich.
He only won a majority in the Presidential election after all the other parties had dissolved and he (as the unelected Chancellor) passed the "Law against the Establishment of Parties", meaning that the Nazis were the only legal political party in Germany. The Presidential election in 1933 was only a courtesy, and even with no other parties, Hitler still only won ninetysomething% of the vote. Though all that he did to create such circumstances was legal, it was more of a loophole situation than a fair utilization of the laws provided by the Weimar.

In short, your wrong.

Last edited:

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Man Pakistan and Afghanistan are both shit holes. Im from Afghanistan but i was born here. I hate the country. My parents have been here for 25 years and they have visited Afghanistan 5 time since they left. They don't like the country, nobody does. Only idiots would think that American occupation is the reason for so many wars. At least there is some sort of safety. Afghanistan has always been in war. Always. Pakistan same thing. If you're going to mix religion with how the country is run, be reasonable. The West had its foundations of laws based on the Bible. You can't run your country one way and the whole world runs the other. Both countries are fucked. Once this whole global recession is fixed if ever, these two countries will be the last prosper.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Why did you neg rep me, BigBoyJames? I didn't think I was "being a twat". Quick question people, is it unethical to neg rep someone for neg reping you? I don't do this kind of thing often...

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Why did you neg rep me, BigBoyJames? I didn't think I was "being a twat". Quick question people, is it unethical to neg rep someone for neg reping you? I don't do this kind of thing often...
People get negged here for not 'going with the flow'. Half of what people post is the opposite of what they think. Neg back. Im already on -4.

HSC
Man Pakistan and Afghanistan are both shit holes. Im from Afghanistan but i was born here. I hate the country. My parents have been here for 25 years and they have visited Afghanistan 5 time since they left. They don't like the country, nobody does. Only idiots would think that American occupation is the reason for so many wars. At least there is some sort of safety. Afghanistan has always been in war. Always. Pakistan same thing. If you're going to mix religion with how the country is run, be reasonable. The West had its foundations of laws based on the Bible. You can't run your country one way and the whole world runs the other. Both countries are fucked. Once this whole global recession is fixed if ever, these two countries will be the last prosper.
dont compare Afghanistan with Pakistan.

HSC
i negged you because that post was utter trash.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
Afghanistan =/= Pakistan.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
There isn't much difference. They are both living in houses made from dirt. Both economies are fucked. Both think they don't need help. Pakistan is doing beter than Afg but by a bit.
LOL

you are fucked arent you. Paki's They dont live in houses from dirt. Just look at Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi etc. Afghans economy is no where in Pakistan's Economy. Afghan's say they need help, thats why NATO and US are still there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)