How many days of absent is unsatisfactory? (1 Viewer)

Struggling

HSC
i have been absented for 10 days throughout the year just wondering is it unsatisfactory....

Brontecat

HSC
dont think so... ive been absent 7 days and they left it off my report anyway :D
im pretty sure the figure is somewhere around the mark of attendence needs to be 85%

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
dont think so... ive been absent 7 days and they left it off my report anyway :D
im pretty sure the figure is somewhere around the mark of attendence needs to be 85%
My school was also 85%.

Check the Board of Studies site, it should say it somewhere there.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I don't know, but I have been absent from school a lot for the past two weeks (because there's no Maths!) :D

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
partial absences e.g. coming to school late
are they included?

if so :bomb:

Miss Code

HSC
I have been every day, its 85% though, we have flexies though so if we have a free in the morning or last period we can sign out which dont count for attendance

Zedez

HSC
Doesn't it have to be zero unexplained absences, but those with a reason it doesn't matter. SO if your sick for 3 terms it doesn't matter (for examples sack, you'd probably repeat be choice) but you can't just wag and get caught? Thats how it was explained to us, but I think if you had a reason you'll be fine.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I got unsatisfactory on my report. I wasnt away a ridiculous amount of days, and it mainly only came about because I never bother to sign in.

sunsettah

HSC
i have lot of unexplained absences. i asked them for a list - and the list is at my parents place - my mum is willing to write notes for all the days.

i just never bothered to take notes in.

at an old school, i was taken to a truent officer and asked about family life. they ended up saying to me, that if you are sick - it's a problem to have a lot of absences - but if it's a family holiday or matter - then its fine... wtf.

if my unexplained absences arent seen to, will it really be a problem?

does it depend on the school ?? - because mine is very easy goin and only as 200 kids =]

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I got unsatisfactory on my report. I wasnt away a ridiculous amount of days, and it mainly only came about because I never bother to sign in.
haha i think i got unsatisfactory too. i get so many letters home, deadset one a week, and i'm not even away that much.

3p1c f41lur3

HSC
well... its not as bad as our school... if your late in our school for like 3-5 times in a row... you get a friggin detention... and i know some1 thats been absent like... 50% of the time

Shoom

HSC
N/A
No school enforces that 80% rule, LMAO ive been away for like 40 days or sumthing and plan to take heaps more days of now that trials are done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)