How many hours of sleep do you need a day to function at full capacity? (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Anyone tried going for more than 15 hours of sleep? Pretty impressive you can still function without getting lazy after an hour if you do.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone tried going for more than 15 hours of sleep? Pretty impressive you can still function without getting lazy after an hour if you do.
I go for days at a time without sleeping and then sleep 14-18 hours when I sleep.

Bloodstriker

HSC
The past few weeks i find myself sleeping more than i usually do (9-10 hours) when i usually manage around 7. Funnily enough, when i've been sleeping longer, i come home from school and i find it hard to keep my eyes open if i sit down, and so i've found myself sleeping an extra 2-3 hours when i get back from school. In the holidays i sleep around 12 hours a day and i feel groggy all the time (can't fking wait!!)

Also, RANK1 is right. Power naps are all powerful

phuong14

HSC
i know you are supposed to have about 8 hours sleep every day,but is their a difference between sleeping at 10pm to 6am and 2am to 10am?

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
It really depends on what I'm doing the next day.

If I am working, I need 8hrs sleep. If I was to study, I need 8-10hrs sleep.

If I was bludging, going out or playing computer games, 6hrs is enuff

dest

HSC
Sleep is entirely personal. I get 6 hours every night and am perfectly fine.

ZeeZee3

HSC
Yea, your full capacity is all based on yourself. Some people function extremely well with 5 hrs (my mum) where as some people need 11 hrs to stay awake throughout school (me). Just establish good sleeping patterns and your body will usually gradually get use to your daily activities and function properly.

falky

HSC
7 at least, more is better.
But more when I sleep more than 9 hours, I'm lazy all day.
And I don't want that so I bought 2 decent mens watches :hippie:

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh what's with the lazy after big sleep thing i dont understand
happens to me too though

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i know you are supposed to have about 8 hours sleep every day,but is their a difference between sleeping at 10pm to 6am and 2am to 10am?
apparently according to a study, if you sleep earlier and get up earlier you'll function a little better, than sleeping & getting up later (cbb finding link to it, just take my word for it).

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
apparently according to a study, if you sleep earlier and get up earlier you'll function a little better, than sleeping & getting up later (cbb finding link to it, just take my word for it).
Because going to bed earlier and waking up earlier means you're getting up as the sun rises which is the natural cycle of the body.

Probably the same link we're thinking of or something.

RANK 1

HSC
Because going to bed earlier and waking up earlier means you're getting up as the sun rises which is the natural cycle of the body.

but if u continue to go to bed late and get up late wouldnt ur body eventually adapt

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
but if u continue to go to bed late and get up late wouldnt ur body eventually adapt
Yes, I guess, but you're still trying to sleep when it's bright.

Maybe if you locked yourself in a pitch black room for a month it'd work better? I can't say for certain!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

We could be, I myself still cant get to sleep before 12 and usually get up at 6-8 some time

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
varies. the amount of sleep you require decreases as you age. average adult should get about 7-8 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)