How much sleep do we need? (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
OP: Seriously though, sleep isn't a bad thing.
Every person has different needs, etc etc.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
your mom's moaning keeps me up at night
the f***?

sleep is for the weak
agreed, but sleep is to avoid being weak too

i have a fear of sleep
honestly waste of time
waste of oxygen.
procrastinate it as much as possible

but once i'm asleep
it is like BLISS
i keep sleeping
and sleeping.

my body needs 10-12 hours of sleep a day to function properly. And so far these hols it's been getting 10+hrs every day.

but it runs on 6-10 hours during school. and it is very unstable. I constantly "almost" fall asleep during boring classes and ALWAYS on buses.

I'm an insomniac, I can't and won't go to bed.
but like i said.
once i do, it is bliss

speaking of sleep.
i shall attempt that now, suckers.
and yes i recommend 12 hrs sleep for everyone
and yes i realise this whole post contradicts with everything i say

rozymisty

HSC
Well i found out that, after doing a late and night shift together on Sunday night/monday morning and having to go back at 4pm that monday afternoon that i need at least 8hrs otherwise i get cranky and lousy.

The other nurse was right when she said that id feel teh worst on tuesday..sure did..even now i still feel slight effects of it

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you need 9 hours if you are under 25 basically.

Anything less than five minutes to fall asleep at night means you're sleep deprived. The ideal is between 10 and 15 minutes, meaning you're still tired enough to sleep deeply, but not so exhausted you feel sleepy by day.

almost everyone undersleeps.

when clocks are put back for daylight savings it has been shown to result in less car accidents the following day

Last edited:

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Anything less than five minutes to fall asleep at night means you're sleep deprived.
Apparently I'm known to lie down on the couch and be asleep several seconds later, then sleep so deeply it's actually difficult to wake me up.
It's very unpleasant. When I wake up, it's almost like I'm paralysed. Sometimes I don't actually recall lying down.

Go to sleep, kids, or you'll end up like me.

autumn-bird

HSC
How do you know what your ideal amount of sleep is?
Ideally, I would love to get 9-10 hours of good quality sleep every night, like when I was in primary school (oh, I miss those days...), but realistically I probably get about 7-8 hours... but only if I fall asleep right away. I hate it when I go to bed at a perfectly normal time, but then it takes ages to fall asleep... WASTE OF VALUBLE SLEEPING TIME ARGGGHHH!!! :D

I suppose you could try reducing your sleeping time, and make up for lack of sleep with lots of coffee/apples for the caffeine to stay awake for school? hehe!

oly1991

HSC
Ideally, I would love to get 9-10 hours of good quality sleep every night, like when I was in primary school (oh, I miss those days...), but realistically I probably get about 7-8 hours... but only if I fall asleep right away. I hate it when I go to bed at a perfectly normal time, but then it takes ages to fall asleep... WASTE OF VALUBLE SLEEPING TIME ARGGGHHH!!! :D

I suppose you could try reducing your sleeping time, and make up for lack of sleep with lots of coffee/apples for the caffeine to stay awake for school? hehe!
lol that always happens to me, like your trying to fall asleep but nothing happens..so fustrating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)