How much study has everyone done so far? (1 Viewer)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
So much working...

As for people who read this, and think "FUCK / OMG" compared to the amount of work some of these users do...

Don't worry, I procrastinted all year and received 99+.

Difficulty of HSC = 10x less than you what you may think (some of you).

kazzaduh

HSC
shantu1992 said:
oh journal entries?
do you do them in excercise books or type them?
and how much have you done?

Lol, calm down..

I write them, not type, only some research I type, it depends I guess.
I can't say I've done much, only a few entries during the holidays so far. I just write in it when I get bored.
I dont think of it as a set task, even though it is.
Haha.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
So much working...

As for people who read this, and think "FUCK / OMG" compared to the amount of work some of these users do...

Don't worry, I procrastinted all year and received 99+.

Difficulty of HSC = 10x less than you what you may think (some of you).
lol, giving us a false sense of security, always helps to start earlier

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
To answer the quetsion, I haven't done much these holidays. :p

0hNivlek

HSC
Oh my...

I have;
- read The Real Inspector Hound for Extension 1 english
- read A Dolls House for Adanced English
- Tabulated 5 questions (out of 30) of the 70 questionaiires i got back for Society & Culture
- Researched abit for Legal Studies Assessment
- Finished Modern History Holiday HW
- Organised my study table XD

I need to;
- start on my PIP
- start on my HIP
- start on my legal studies assessment
- maths tutor
- legal HW
- finish The Skull Beneath The SKin
- write a historiography essay about Thucydides, Heradotus, The Venerable Bede
- Get my hands on Marie Antoinette stuff
- Maths HW -_-
- Compose a Crime & Belonging story (gonna combine them so i only need one LOL)
- Legals HW
- Note making
- more etc...

*help* i don't feel like doing any. I convinced myself to leave it off until January 1st LOL!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
0hNivlek said:
Oh my...

I have;
- read The Real Inspector Hound for Extension 1 english
- read A Dolls House for Adanced English
- Tabulated 5 questions (out of 30) of the 70 questionaiires i got back for Society & Culture
- Researched abit for Legal Studies Assessment
- Finished Modern History Holiday HW
- Organised my study table XD

I need to;
- start on my PIP
- start on my HIP
- start on my legal studies assessment
- maths tutor
- legal HW
- finish The Skull Beneath The SKin
- write a historiography essay about Thucydides, Heradotus, The Venerable Bede
- Get my hands on Marie Antoinette stuff
- Maths HW -_-
- Compose a Crime & Belonging story (gonna combine them so i only need one LOL)
- Legals HW
- Note making
- more etc...

*help* i don't feel like doing any. I convinced myself to leave it off until January 1st LOL!
Impressive! It's really great that you know exactly what to do! (and slowly move forwards towards achieving them!)

That's inspirational. I guess I gotta make some priority lists and go for them.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
shantu1992 said:
haha yeah so that's how you spell shanku haha
see him around abit
i know them cause they are sort of family friends
yeah she did well .. didnt do subjects that scaled though
so uai didnt go as high as it couldve
She still ended up with 98 or something like that but yeah your right.

Does that mean your bengali? Do you happen to a know a ryen, munia, samadrita or a sarah rashid?

lyounamu said:
Impressive! It's really great that you know exactly what to do! (and slowly move forwards towards achieving them!)

Looking at all of these lists im probably gonna run out of time :( Theres so much to do!

I plan on writing notes for every subs module ive completed in term 4 apart from math and then do heaps of past papers related to that module. Shame is that not many people have done conflicting perspectives for english adv and ancient papers are hard to come by :(

zzzz12345

HSC
Wow, some people have made a very productive start to the holidays. As for myself; how much study have I done...Not enough considering that I'm leaving for Europe in less than two weeks (pretty exciting) and have an 1500 word english essay to write, around 10 books to read (For english advanced, english extension, modern history, history extension and then books for my own historical investigation) and all that work which was forgotten in the last few weeks of school. Instead I have managed to semi-trash my usually impeccably clean room and completely destroy my sleeping habits i.e. Asleep at 2-3am and awake at 12-1pm. I did enjoy the Boxing Day Sales though and I have done a little Chemistry but I'm really going to have to start working if I want to have something substantial done before the start of term. As my history extension teacher says 'It's not a holiday, it's a break' and I need to start implementing that philosophy.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My list:
  1. finish 2 modules worth of notes for bio
  2. finish 3 modules worth of notes for business
  3. revise through all the topics for 4 unit
  4. keep doing past papers for 3 unit/learning other stuff
  5. make all the notes for belonging
  6. read english texts (5 times at least and making some notes throughout the process)
  7. start on cosmology notes and finish the first two modules worth of notes
  8. get some notes for religion from BOS (yeah, I am very lazy)
  9. relax
  10. go to study groups & have fun hopefully
  11. YEAH!
  12. But I don't think I will get to finish them. :uhoh:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
My list:
  1. finish 2 modules worth of notes for bio
  2. finish 3 modules worth of notes for business
  3. revise through all the topics for 4 unit
  4. keep doing past papers for 3 unit/learning other stuff
  5. make all the notes for belonging
  6. read english texts (5 times at least and making some notes throughout the process)
  7. start on cosmology notes and finish the first two modules worth of notes
  8. get some notes for religion from BOS (yeah, I am very lazy)
  9. relax
  10. go to study groups & have fun hopefully
  11. YEAH!
  12. But I don't think I will get to finish them. :uhoh:
thats about 5+ hours each day if you want to get that all done! Your going ahrad by entire modules! reckon the BoS study groups will actually go ahead?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
thats about 5+ hours each day if you want to get that all done! Your going ahrad by entire modules! reckon the BoS study groups will actually go ahead?
5+ hours? Hm...I think you guessed about right.

Oh yeah, study groups will definitely go ahead, considering that we have these people who organise this. (btw, I am not part of organisation team).

I guess I will have to put "have fun on study group" as my first priority list as I will struggle to achieve any of my lists apart from that, haha.

catherinet

HSC
None...
I have been having too much fun.
I promise that i will start after new years :D (i.e, after i have recovered from NYE)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
5+ hours? Hm...I think you guessed about right.

Oh yeah, study groups will definitely go ahead, considering that we have these people who organise this. (btw, I am not part of organisation team).

I guess I will have to put "have fun on study group" as my first priority list as I will struggle to achieve any of my lists apart from that, haha.
good idea! ive been to like two study groups this yr with my own school people. The first was really unproductive, you just see how unprepared people are and that theyre just literally day-before crammers. The other one was quite useful because I learnt of a website that was very resourceful haha. But the study group was a really nice relief to actual study cos there was pizza afterwards :p

has the location of the study group been decided? *goes looking for thread*

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
good idea! ive been to like two study groups this yr with my own school people. The first was really unproductive, you just see how unprepared people are and that theyre just literally day-before crammers. The other one was quite useful because I learnt of a website that was very resourceful haha. But the study group was a really nice relief to actual study cos there was pizza afterwards :p

has the location of the study group been decided? *goes looking for thread*
Yep, it has. But the-derivative and other members decided not to disclose on the public forum as it may attract some other people who weren't initially part of the group. They are worried that our group is flooded with those trolls who might ruin the day.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
Yep, it has. But the-derivative and other members decided not to disclose on the public forum as it may attract some other people who weren't initially part of the group. They are worried that our group is flooded with those trolls who might ruin the day.
ahh daym guess its now open to invite only then

katie21792

HSC
lyounamu said:

yeah lists always help so you know exactly what has to be done. i feel when i write them, it kind of motivates me to do what i have to do.

zzzz12345 said:
Wow, some people have made a very productive start to the holidays. As for myself; how much study have I done...Not enough considering that I'm leaving for Europe in less than two weeks (pretty exciting) and have an 1500 word english essay to write, around 10 books to read (For english advanced, english extension, modern history, history extension and then books for my own historical investigation) and all that work which was forgotten in the last few weeks of school. Instead I have managed to semi-trash my usually impeccably clean room and completely destroy my sleeping habits i.e. Asleep at 2-3am and awake at 12-1pm. I did enjoy the Boxing Day Sales though and I have done a little Chemistry but I'm really going to have to start working if I want to have something substantial done before the start of term. As my history extension teacher says 'It's not a holiday, it's a break' and I need to start implementing that philosophy.
what are you doing for your history extension major? i need to go to the state library so badly lol

Last edited by a moderator:

zzzz12345

HSC
katie21792 said:
what are you doing for your history extension major? i need to go to the state library so badly lol
I'm pretty decided with my major. I have my queestion, I have my books (by that I mean I know where I can access the books and I have access there), I've handed in and gotten back my proposal and I know that I can get pretty decent historiography on my historians. My topic is Oliver Cromwell and my question specifically is: ‘How have varying contextual backgrounds contributed to changing interpretations of Cromwell over time?’...So I have a very historiography based question. But as organised as that sounds...My journal is non-existant; I have to start reading all my books and we got three books for the 'What is History' component in the last week...So I'm drowning quite substanially...I need to get to the university libraries as the state library doesn't have the book I need (but USyd does...)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Some people here seem hella organised, and others kinda lost.
I'm somewhere in the middle.
I spent the first week-and-a-half doing notes while it was fresh in my head, and am going do some more in January.
I've got to:
1.) Write AOS essay + short stories + practice compression
2.) Do past paper stuff for: maths, physics, 2 + 3u German, Modern
3.) Start new topics for physics and Modern.
4.) Write VERY short story for 3u German

I was stuck on the essay + stories last time I checked.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i've done jack all.
  • 100 comprehension questions from Heinemann Legal Studies textbook.
  • download notes from BOS
  • read/research what i want to do for my History Extension project/major - Napoleon
  • went to Dymocks at the city (George St) to buy textbooks - about $250 worth
  • did some maths questions
  • procrastinate

TunaFish

HSC
Some of you people scare the hell out of me.

I've been doing... Not nearly enough. Probably been going out too much.

Hoping to finish catch-up notes and all homework before the end of next week.
Economics and Legal Studies are taking up so much time. The Crime syllabus spans out onto 4 pages. Gross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)