How much study has everyone done so far? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
NONE SO FAR but planning to do the following:

Religion - read, notes for last bit of post-45 topic - fully revise/notes/syllabus

English - belonging (text types, essays) - read/view etc all upcoming texts

Maths - write out rules/methods (very brief), practise questions

Chemistry - finish holiday homework - fully revise syllabus

Music - find performance pieces - compose stuff - meh!

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Dot points for Physics and Chemistry, past exams for Maths and essays for English.

georgefren

HSC
Good lord. I have borrowed a few books on my subjects and am browsing through lesurely. That is all. Why on earth would you do serious work now? Leave that for the cramming before the HSC, this is the time for getting as broad as possible a base of knowledge slowly, not cramming specifics. This is the last holiday you can really enjoy until the HSC is over, enjoy it while it lasts.

doopsta786

HSC
shantu1992 said:
basically finsished first draft of 4 unit english

had to read for advanced english all our texts that is ted hughes - Birthday Letters, Hamlet, and Romulus my Father & then write a two page plot synopsis on all of them.. and finish an assesment aswell on comparative studies of texts (which we did last term) BR/FRANK

read all my english extension 1 work
ie: reading tom stoppards - The real inspector hound
pd james - skull beneath the skin
etc etc ( and a whole lot os shit with it )

also just did economics notes on the course (already did it in thsi years hsc but going to do it again)

for maths did heaps of past papers for 3 unit (preety much have done the whole course now)

and for extension II revised complex numbers and graphs and just worked ahead with the integration and conics

woow wish id finished my 4u english text havent evn started it yet ekkkk
im studying abit for today been busy but gonna try and revise everything again before school starts and finish my assessments and do some past english papers

MSELIM2

HSC
how to you prepare for the UMAT? can you? that would be great !

vasuu91

HSC
wow u guys are impressive, looking back i did no work in december and did like 2 hours a day in jan. but do remember theres still 10/11 months to go so dont burn out coz taking a break now is definitely better than burning out like a month before the hsc!

good luck!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
vasuu91 said:
wow u guys are impressive, looking back i did no work in december and did like 2 hours a day in jan. but do remember theres still 10/11 months to go so dont burn out coz taking a break now is definitely better than burning out like a month before the hsc!

good luck!
hehe, nice uai, thats my aim =)

well, i'm planning to work steadily over the holidays, i'm not doing too much, it'll make the next few terms easier for me hopefully, so basically, i'm working now so i dont have to work as hard later, i'm probably not gonna end up doing more than people who aren't doing anything these holidays

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Done barely anything this holidays. :p

After nye, after nye. ^^

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
until now within the first 2 weeks of holiday,
just 100 pages of dotpoint MC phys with correcting hundreds of author's mistakes(it was a hyperbole but still there r heaps of mistakes)

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
Procrastination seems to be a popular choice these holidays. I, for one, am extremely guilty of it.
However, so far I have read 3 out of four of my english texts, and done a full summary of Maintaing A Balance [BIO]. I attempted to start my Ancient History assesment that is due week 3, next term, however I ended up typing out all the questions and not doing much else! Gahhh!
I really need to go to the library for Ext. History as well.
Oh the HSC, you evil thing... LEAVE US ALONE!
:)

ashllis91

Banned
HSC
Woah theres such a huge range of what people have done, from nothing to going months ahead in subjects! Crazy. As for me Im in Germany at the moment and for another week so doing school work is a little tricky. Instead at the end of last term I did a lot of extra work for some of my subjects. I know that these holidays are what really makes or breaks your HSC so when I get home Ill really have to get down to it. The break has been lovely and I can tell that not seeing any school work for 5 weeks has actually given me heaps of energy to work hard when I get home. Although I havent been studying as such, I havent spoken a word of English (apart from a few phonecalls home and on BoS) so my Germans been getting a lot better.
I know that when I get home I have a phenomenal amount of work to do but it doesnt really bother me because my teachers are great and I have all their phone numbers and they told me repeatedly that I should call them so we can meet and help me to get ahead. :)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
there's no need to study during summer holidays, just use this time to summarise the whole syllabus, n by then u can study as much as u want, n the bonus of not having to spend your time making notes.:hammer:

LP111

HSC
N/A
If I may be so bold, I'm an author with Penguin Publishing using any means possible to spread the word amongst HSC folk about my book.

"To Hellas & Back" is my journey as an Australian woman through love, loneliness and culture shock in Greece. I've been told by an HSC teacher or two that it's an effective non-fiction piece of related material to other texts on the prescribed HSC list and a fresh source of appeal to a contemporary audience. At the end of the day, it's all about belonging. Being that it's school holidays, you might want to check it out as ORT material, or just read it so you can have a laugh.

The second reprint edition of "To Hellas & Back" is available in the shops as of Monday. It's a blue and white cover, and features a woman flashing a cheesy smile (that's me)!

Lanax

shoutoutloud

HSC
well i have done my ancient exam notes and last term notes, i have also done geo notes and done 4/6 english tasks. Today i am planing to do some maths work and finsh my english task.

team.red14

HSC
hm...to my standards not much....

:vcross:
finished physics ,chem and modern histroy notes 4 the 1st topic...

plan on doin a few history past paper Q from teacher (completed one)

finished "15th gate" 4 advanced... still need 2 more relateded material T_T and to read "Frankenstein"

completed chapter rev 4 maths... and tutor work 4 3U

summarised notes where possible T_T

do u think its enough peoples?? (uai aim.. 97.9-98+):karate: :karate:

btw peoples, keeping in mind I started my holidays on the dec 5....

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
team.red14 said:

finished "15th gate" 4 advanced... still need 2 more relateded material T_T and to read "Frankenstein"

do u think its enough peoples?? (uai aim.. 97.9-98):karate: :karate:
yeah, and it's too early to tell at this stage.

I mean, come on, we cannot make uai estimation from your holiday work.

You are doing fine.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
team.red14 said:

do u think its enough peoples?? (uai aim.. 97.9-98):karate: :karate:
That's plenty of work done.

As Namu said - you're on the right direction to getting your aim - but you gotta be consistent throughout the year. No point cramming now and bludging when you get back - because you're only 25% past your HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)