How Much Study Should You Do Every Night? (1 Viewer)

HSC
wow! 5 hours per night = zero social life.

i think if i did that i'd go insane. but then again. its probly why i didnt get a UAI of 90+. oh well. i didnt need 90+.

EDIT: i did like an hour and a half each night. after that i'd get bored.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I'm planning to get in around 2+ hours a night including a few extra hours spread out through the week to make up for sundays...which generally end up as study free days due to sporting commitments.

Evilo

HSC
at least 6 hrs a day of private study if you want to get a UAI >70 :)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i'd say 2 hours excluding the time you use to do hw etc.

for each subject :p.

naw. i think it'd be better if you concentrated on one subject at a time. helps me at least.

Foxodi

HSC
Just do homework asap, assessment tasks asap, and plan it so you will have good notes b4 half yearlys and trials.

HSC
N/A
What don't these threads just stop?

Blah, blah, blah; I'm planning to do X hours / at least X hours of study/day / etc.
Evilo said:
at least 6 hrs a day of private study if you want to get a UAI >70 :)
Being an idiot or a moron?

Ooohkay... so, say, for someone who gets home at 5pm (which is quite possibly the case for kids who attend non-local schools, are you implying that they'll been in bed by, at the earliest, 11pm, if they want to get a UAI > 70? Wow, you're goddamned amazing!!!

Seriously, 6 hours per day for a UAI > 70? *Mock horror.*

Right, I suppose you could study for a (more) reasonable number of hours, get more sleep, and get something better; like an UAI of at least 85 or something?
There's absolutely no fucking point of studying for hours on end, unless you actually can do it without a break, and if your efficiency is negligible or low.

ccc123

HSC
There was a thread identical to this in the prelim section that I anwered the same way.

I find it a lot more productive to study on the basis of task-completion rather than time. I.e instead of saying "I will study 4 hrs tonight.", i say "I will complete x, y and x tonight". I find this far more gratifying/motivating then studying aimlessly. I think placing time restrictions can also be limiting, because things will invariably take longer or shorter then you may have anticipated.

ccc123

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Do whatever suits you. If 0 suits you, then do 0. IF 10 suits you, then you are a freak, but do that.

It's your hsc after all.
qft.

There is no blanket rule. If your going to go by time, do as much as you feel comfortable with.

jessi90

HSC
i just studied + did homework from 3:30pm today til now (11:30pm) which is roughly 7 hours (more like 5ish hours because of sport) with breaks in between. I dont usually study for this long but i dont have school tomorrow and im not even tired. I got a lot done. I am legend.

Evilo

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Seriously, 6 hours per day for a UAI > 70? *Mock horror.*
risole91 said:
do you mean 170?
Obviously you've never heard of sarcasm or exaggeration :) Perhaps you should learn those for the hsc

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
i always have 1.5 hrs set aside for h/w and assignments....but review i only make sure i have 12 hours dun though the week and 4 on weekends...that way i aint stuck in any schedule lol

yorkstanham

HSC
yeah i agree with most people, its what works for you. It also depends on your subjects. If you are doing mostly content based subjects such as biology and business studies you are going to be studing/doing more homework than subjects that require more application of techniques such as maths.

I usually try do to about 2 hours of study/homework a night. I think it works for me

blakegman

HSC
N/A
yorkstanham said:
yeah i agree with most people, its what works for you. It also depends on your subjects. If you are doing mostly content based subjects such as biology and business studies you are going to be studing/doing more homework than subjects that require more application of techniques such as maths.

I usually try do to about 2 hours of study/homework a night. I think it works for me

You really shouldn't need to study business studies more then maths, if at all. Its common sense.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Some nights I don't do any study, like tonight, and some I study from 4 when I get home right up until 10ish. Just depends on my mood/what's comming up etc. Saying that, most of it is just working on my major works so it's not really "study".

I guess it's all up to your ability and the difficulty of your subjects. I know from both personal experience and the experiences of others that, with my subjects, if I don't average about two hours of revision a night I'll fall apart. Be it writing dot points, doing a practice essay or just reading over my english texts, I try to do something.

But damn, those people that are able to do 20+ hours of tutoring a week and then homework, revision and the rest of it. Daaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

bassistx

HSC
tbh I don't do more than 4 hours total... A WEEK. Meh. Shouldn't be studying so early. You can't do any past papers because you get stumped on the first queston.... Simply because you haven't learnt the crap yet.
Revision and homework. Not much study to be done at this stage.

All I can think of is watch your film(s) 10 times and read your novel at least 3 times. Repetitive and boring as hell, but it works.

Hozan

HSC
well i do at least 5 hours every weeknight and on the weekends i do more then 7 hours. i need these hours coz if i don't then i probably won't pass year 11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)