How much u wrote and wat mark u expect ? (1 Viewer)

Carl_S

HSC
Section 1: Did last, 5 1/2 pages...hopefully 11/15
Section 2: Did second, 6 pages...maybe 12/15
Section 3: Did first, 10 pages...heres hoping for lucky 13/15!
Always was the optimist though!

Midas Touch

HSC
Is it true that you are able to come into the exam with pre planned essays, and just simply do minor tweaks on them to suit the question? If thats the case, ur english seems to be a walkover compared to vce english.

Last edited:

jsb8189

HSC
Hey wrote 38 pages (10,13,15)...

But my handwriting was ridicuoudly bad... could barely write the word 'journey'...

Rekon this will impact on my mark (40-43)?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Midas Touch said:
Is it true that you are able to come into the exam with pre planned essays, and just simply do minor tweaks on them to suit the question? If thats the case, ur english seems to be a walkover compared to vce english.

u live in victoria. enough said.

HSC
A prepared essay? Yeah, you could. If you knew what the question was going to be. But I believe that's called cheating of the highest degree and would typically involve either hijacking a vehicle or breaking into a safe. I really don't feel that's worth it jsut to find out what we might be asked.

You can go in with generic stuff in your head. That will work for any essay, but you can't expect an introduction for "The inner journey must involve self-reflection" to work as an introduction for "Journeys require the traveller to challenge their thinking and allow them to broaden their understanding of the world." You can go in with stuff that will work for all, but you can't prepare something that will miraculously work - it's like picking the Lotto, highly unlikely. Possible, but not something I'd bet my HSC on.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Midas Touch said:
VCE English and HSC English are quite different (I did HSC and am currently training to teach VCE.) I think HSC English is actaully more challenging in that you have to study more texts and have a more sophisticated understanding of them. You are also asked to do more things over the two 2 hour papers (creative, comprehensive and a lot of analytical writing.)

But you are right in thinking that it is a little easier to prepare for the unknown section of the paper - in VCE you can be asked to write a persausive piece on something you know very little about which is very tricky for a lot of students and where many loose a lot of marks.

And just a though for you guys - as someone who has been markng essays lately, more pages is not always better, especially if it does not seem well structured. Better to spend five more minutes planning than writing, you will end up with a much stronger piece that is easy to read.

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
amythegod said:
can you go to another forum please - or
change your signature (as i have been told thats what that thing is)
this forum is for educational purposes and i don't like being subject to such opinions on subject matters other than those of education
amythegod. first of all, you are not a god, nor are you a goddess (which would be the correct word to use in the case that you were infact a god, which you are not). Nor are you a demigod (demigoddess), or any other type and/or category of supernatural/higher being, such as a titan or a pokemon...

secondly, why the hell would you quote what I said in my previous post as it has nothing to do with my signature, the thing that you are complaining about...

thirdly, the quote in my signature is actually from these forums, and, were you involved in any sort of activities or discussions in these forums other than the "i have a pole shuved up my arse thread", you'd realise that people discuss other things here...

fourthly, condom use IS actually educational - go tell someone with AIDS or an STI that it isn't, you fool!!! People other than you actually have a sense of humour. Its people like you, amythegod, that make the world a dull place...

...In conclusion, ye of little involvement, go somewhere else yourself, like ihavnosenseofhumourandihavapolewedgedupmyarseandismellandwillprobablylivealoneformywholelife.com
...or something similar to that

emmyes

HSC
well... my writing is small to medium sized, i wrote 9 pages for comprehension, i didn't like text 2 but it was pretty good in general

story- wrote 16 pages, my story fitted well i liked it

essay- wrote 19 pages on imaginative journeys, my hand was aching after i finished!

BrianTheGod

HSC
Nick_R said:
amythegod. first of all, you are not a god, nor are you a goddess (which would be the correct word to use in the case that you were infact a god, which you are not). Nor are you a demigod (demigoddess), or any other type and/or category of supernatural/higher being, such as a titan or a pokemon...

secondly, why the hell would you quote what I said in my previous post as it has nothing to do with my signature, the thing that you are complaining about...

thirdly, the quote in my signature is actually from these forums, and, were you involved in any sort of activities or discussions in these forums other than the "i have a pole shuved up my arse thread", you'd realise that people discuss other things here...

fourthly, condom use IS actually educational - go tell someone with AIDS or an STI that it isn't, you fool!!! People other than you actually have a sense of humour. Its people like you, amythegod, that make the world a dull place...

...In conclusion, ye of little involvement, go somewhere else yourself, like ihavnosenseofhumourandihavapolewedgedupmyarseandismellandwillprobablylivealoneformywholelife.com
Don't be a dick, she was just offended by your signature and was validly voicing her opinion. Just because she disagrees with you on some facets of humour doesn't mean she lacks a sense of humour. It was unnecessary to criticize someone you don't knows personality to make a point in your argument.

However, while we are on the matter, please...enlighten me how your signature is in any way is educational. If it were in anyway educational, you go tell someone with crabs, "you should have worn a condom" lets see the response....

Please, I dont appreciate what you said and contrary to what it might seem 'im not trying to attack you', im just trying to voice my opinion on the matter, as she is my girlfriend.

She is a new user, give her a break.

...back on topic

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
Nick_R said:

LOL i think your signature is ftw

... yep that's all I've got to say

Uni

God made me cool
HSC
back on topic people who are easily distracted

i wrote 27 pages.

in trial i scored

S1: 11
S2: 14
S3: 14

they were easy questions but hard marking. i did a heap of work on section one and found it easy, kept my section 2 and 3 pretty much the same, but struggled with these sections as the exam didnt suit my responses well. thus:

S1: 14
S2: 13
S3:13/14
total: 40/41

any ideas on what is band 6 territory?

Uni/.

rusty123

HSC
Uni, you're definitely in band 6 territory if you can keep it up for modules - i think the cutoff might be somewhere around 83 but i'm going for 85 just to make sure.
also my theory is that amythegod is an alternate profile created by BrianTheGod so he can back himself up in arguments, and boost his self esteem (which he's obviously not short of, judging by his nick and sig) by giving himself a 'girlfriend'. sorry if i'm wrong BrianTheGod, it's not an unprovoked insult, just observation buddy.
also Sleiphnir's comments about 'playing the game' etc do NOT represent those of us with special provisions as a whole - i genuinely need a computer cos my writing is illegible and has been for most of my life.
ok sorry for taking the thread back off topic, ill bring it back - i did 1 and a half, 3 and a half, and 5 pages typed respectively for each. marks probably about 10, 11-12 and 13-14 but that's judging on my school marking which is known to be damn harsh.

BrianTheGod

HSC
rusty123 said:
Uni, you're definitely in band 6 territory if you can keep it up for modules - i think the cutoff might be somewhere around 83 but i'm going for 85 just to make sure.
also my theory is that amythegod is an alternate profile created by BrianTheGod so he can back himself up in arguments, and boost his self esteem (which he's obviously not short of, judging by his nick and sig) by giving himself a 'girlfriend'. sorry if i'm wrong BrianTheGod, it's not an unprovoked insult, just observation buddy.
also Sleiphnir's comments about 'playing the game' etc do NOT represent those of us with special provisions as a whole - i genuinely need a computer cos my writing is illegible and has been for most of my life.
ok sorry for taking the thread back off topic, ill bring it back - i did 1 and a half, 3 and a half, and 5 pages typed respectively for each. marks probably about 10, 11-12 and 13-14 but that's judging on my school marking which is known to be damn harsh.
:rofl: shes not made up, but I know where you are coming from. I did warn my friends before posting that this would be the obvious observation. Most people that did back me up are in fact my friends from my school, and I have no problem admitting that.

Anyway finally to post something on topic, I actually don't understand how you guys can predict your marks?! How can you judge yourself verse a state average when you have been marked within your school all year?! Is the state average higher or lower than your school averge?? Its just so hard to judge.

I wrote so much less then all of you, yet I felt I was satisfied with my responses at the end of the exam. Im going for quality not quantity :)

S1; 6 pgs or so...cant remember, they arent really legit pages anyway

S2; 7 page story...i conveyed a simple journey that evoked a change and forced the persona to 'discover something'

S3; 9 pages, i think i cant really remember, it just felt like I knew what i was talking about, which is always a plus.

supermariobro

HSC
Uni you need to take into account how well your school does overall in the subject when determining what kind of band you may get. This is, as you probably know, because they will adjust your assessment marks according to your schools rank in the state. This can have a very large effect on your mark. Saying that your teachers mark hard wont make a difference unless your school performs well.

I dont really see how any of you could predict the mark your going to get.

Last edited:

Wombatshuffle

HSC
i'm just curious with all this special provisions talk if there is anyone out there who also uses voice recognition software

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
Anyone who wrote more than one booklet for any question is retarded.

The point of an English exam is not to write and write and write and write buckets and buckets of tripe (which is all it is possible to do if you are writing 34 pages in an exam like some of you retards did). The point of an English exam is to convey your ideas succinctly, logically and with quality of expression.

Why do you think the Board of Studies makes their response booklets 8 pages long? Do you think just maybe it's as a subtle guideline that 8 pages is a maximum for people to write? Just like the ruled lines in a short response question are guidelines for how much you write?

I guarantee none of you idiots who wrote buckets of shit were able to convey your ideas well. You all do not deserve to do well in this exam.

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
emmyes said:
well... my writing is small to medium sized, i wrote 9 pages for comprehension, i didn't like text 2 but it was pretty good in general

story- wrote 16 pages, my story fitted well i liked it

essay- wrote 19 pages on imaginative journeys, my hand was aching after i finished!
44 pages! That sure is a lot! So say you wrote 9 words per line (a fair estimate). There are 25 lines to each Board of Studies page. So that's 225 words on every page.

So you wrote 9 900 words.

Assuming you didn't allow any time to check the drivel you obviously wrote, that's 82.5 words every minute. Or 1.375 words every SECOND, writing at a consistent pace without taking even one second for a break.

Either you are absolutely full of shit, or you are absolutely stupid.

Last edited:

supermariobro

HSC
Clearly alot of the time the amount people say they wrote is absolute bullshit. Maybe its designed to make them feel better about themselves, puts them into a false sense of security, destabilise everyone else. Who knows. Your right Atticus the point of the exam is to make everything as succint as possible using as few words as possible while still making your argument clear. I find it hard to believe that those of you who write 10+ pages for each section can continue keep your arguement focused and specific without generalising and waffling.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Atticus Ryan said:
44 pages! That sure is a lot! So say you wrote 9 words per line (a fair estimate). There are 25 lines to each Board of Studies page. So that's 225 words on every page.

So you wrote 9 900 words.

Assuming you didn't allow any time to check the drivel you obviously wrote, that's 82.5 words every minute. Or 1.375 words every SECOND, writing at a consistent pace without taking even one second for a break.

Either you are absolutely full of shit, or you are absolutely stupid.

obviously he wasnt writing 9 words a line then.. more like 5 most likely = 5,500.. still alot.. but not impossible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)