How to F...ken to study ENGLISH? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
yes how do you study i dont know seriously..i did a thread in english but no one replied....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well basically you can't.
They tell you that you can, and you do what they say and u think u've gotten it.. but u won't.
English is a random subject which spools out random results, you have no chance mate.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
no there is a way you juz trying to pull my hopes down

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No, i just went thru year 12... there is no way trust me.

Maybe you should get a private tutor, i was going to but my teacher said 'no u don't need one', i think i should of...

69^boi

HSC
N/A
tutors dont suit me i prefer to find things out myself

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Basically you can only re-read your notes and practice writing about your text/topic. But, yes, you can study for English.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
thanks but you didnt directly answer my question, i kinda understand a bit but how do you...

grimreaper

HSC
All I did for english all year was memorise essays which I adapted to whatever they asked in the exams... but I didnt do great cause I plain suck at english

fush

HSC
hahaha..im soo sglad i dont have to study or do anything relating to eglish ever again...but he best way is to read and read ur texts and do practice essays..

get all ur main charachters and write one page on each... and get really good related texts

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
English is the art of intelligent-sounding bullshit. Learning quotes is the most involved bit. But once you've got the format worked out (they like the structure) all you need is a scattering of quotes and you're done.

Blackalicious

HSC
First you make notes: Get a couple of study guides for each module and thematically organise your arguments. Then link your arguments to the prescribed texts and use literary techniques to support your statements.

Second you practice: adapt your notes to essay and non essay questions. So do 99999999 responses and get your teacher to mark them. Its just practice, eventually you’ll get an idea of what kind of responses their looking for.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
wtf....ok its great that people giving me tips about studying english but all of you didnt relly directly answer my question, i want a clear explaination on how to study english

monique66

try writing responses to really generic questions like 'how does this text depict the concept of a journey?' then get a tutor or a teacher to give you some pointers, then rewrite it until its perfect. You can then use all that stored info in your brain in an exam...

69^boi

HSC
N/A
dammantion can you plz go in more detail!! thx

also is there no clear answer in studying english?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
FUK....im still confused most just say go wit memorised essay n improved on it?!!

monique66

Okay, i'm in yr. 12 now, so i'm just going on my experience so far... this is what i reckon...okay your essays have to be long, in an exam its good to write more than anyone, it help if its good stuff too! Hmmm...if you try spliting up your essay so that its like- 1/3 context, 1/3 quotes and 1/3 actual argument/detail thats a good start but make sure its synthesised and coherent. Also chuck some big words in, teachers like that....In my opinion there is not 'best' way to study but if you keep reading, re-reading info it gets stuck in your brain. If you practise writing all your ideas down and forming an essay out of them, you have something to go on during an exam...even if the question asks you to write a script, you know the detail and its arranged logically in you mind....and hopefully it pays off...

69^boi

HSC
N/A
ok i guess i kinda wot ya talking damm, you made it simple thanks mate.
i took a look at the syllabus its quite complex do you all the outcomes?
do u have a tudor?

monique66

i only just got one, he helps with reading and correcting stuff. I dun go thru all the syllabus outcomes, english isn't really the subject in which you need to. Just use your imagination and write what seems logical...that's the best i can explain it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)