How to refrain from distractions (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Anyone know any other good chrome extension to restrict me from distractions?

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
This forum
Change password to something you can't remember so you can't participate

Stop going on the forums... lol or stop going on the sections where you find yourself with highest activity e.g. non-school. Stay in school

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
How does one get distracted by BoS??
like FB its understandable..but BoS??

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Change password to something you can't remember so you can't participate

Stop going on the forums... lol or stop going on the sections where you find yourself with highest activity e.g. non-school. Stay in school
Don't worry, I already found a way to block myself from this forum (thanks to Sien). It's a google extension called stayfocusd

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You don't. Keep distracting and procrastinating yourself, until the moment in which you realized that you could've tried harder.

Then that's how u refrain yourself from procrastinating.
Also I hate it when idiots like you give me the most fcked up stupid advice and can't even take my serious question seriously

In all honesty, I hope you keep distracting and procrastinating yourself until you fail your HSC

iStudent

HSC
Eye see you are getting distracted... ;)

Getting off distractions is hard. On top of what everyone else said you should also remember to take breaks as necessary. If you're studying 4 hours non stop then you will most likely burn out and start procrastinating. Keep studying in little chunks. Do a bit of maths, take a break do a bit of english and take a break again. It's a marathon not a sprint!

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Eye see you are getting distracted... ;)

Getting off distractions is hard. On top of what everyone else said you should also remember to take breaks as necessary. If you're studying 4 hours non stop then you will most likely burn out and start procrastinating. Keep studying in little chunks. Do a bit of maths, take a break do a bit of english and take a break again. It's a marathon not a sprint!
WTH U didn't even answer my question properly iStudent

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
Also I hate it when idiots like you give me the most fcked up stupid advice and can't even take my serious question seriously

In all honesty, I hope you keep distracting and procrastinating yourself until you fail your HSC
R u ok?

iStudent

HSC
WTH U didn't even answer my question properly iStudent
Well the solution is to take breaks! The so called "willpower" that other people talked about declines as you study more and more. You might be able to refrain yourself from getting distracted for the first hour of using the computer, but you'll gradually get more inclined to procrastinate etc. Hence the breaks :) (if that makes sense?)

Just from personal experience - I can only tolerate 1.5 hours of continual study before I need to take a break or I'll be on youtube procrastinating, lol.

If your problem is that you end up on youtube after 5 minutes of studying then... you may need to reconsider the reasons why you're studying and hopefully find that spark of motivation that keeps you going. Blocking the sites works I guess, temporarily - until you inevitably find a way around it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)