• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to sleep earli (2 Viewers)

suzlee

HSC
I used to go to bed at around 11, 10:45ish at the earliest but that was when life was easier and I didn't have to catch a bus at 7:30 every morning :)

I stuffed up my sleeping pattern last year like that - going to bed really late...
Probably cos of SC stress and all that haha... you guys remember???? LOL

I haven't tried this myself but apparently a cup of warm milk half an hour before bed is good for sleep :)

Guesss

HSC
Um... try every night going to sleep half an hour earlier than the last and also try to get some more physical activity into your day! Also i'v heard u shouldn't try sleeping wen ur hungry so yeah...eat up :) !

good luck!

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
how bout you tire yourself out? Sometimes I fall asleep pretty quick when I watch some tv even though its pretty early. Fell asleep 7:00pm on a friday night and didnt wake up till 7:30 the next day!

Rainie

HSC
Count sheep.

Rub your eyes until they are red and sore to the point you don't want to open them because they hurt.

Invest in one of those masquerade sleeping thingos you get on aeroplanes to cover your eyes to help make you sleep easier.

MonkEA

HSC
get of msn at 8:30pm and dont get back on.

ray ban

HSC
your best bet would probably be to drink camamile tea or something that'll help you relax.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lolz yea.. the internet is a big distraction!

study is the road to success and to sleeping... two benefits for the price of one :D

studentcheese

HSC
I sleep really well in the afternoon. I can do a bit of Maths homework in the afternoon and then fall asleep after doing it. It is much harder for me to fall asleep at night though. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep before the exams because of stress levels (which has started since Year 10, Term 4) and sleep deprivation has been a main reason for my low test marks. :(

Bainesy

HSC
damn, just get to bed you lazy people

you have to do at least 5 subjects in your hsc, 5 tough tests in several months time, and a shitload of work leading up to that.

sleeping is the easiest part!

kawaiinlove

HSC
I have a similar problem. I sleep really well in the afternoon but at night I lie awake hour after hour.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
who even does all-nighters these days? :eek:

studentcheese

HSC
Althought I don't sleep well, I wouldn't do an all nighter. I would prefer to lie on my bed, being unable to fall asleep, than sit awake for the whole night. Sometimes I am subconscious of whether I have fallen asleep or not... but in fact, I have fallen asleep... so yeah... but generally, I don't sleep well at night. *sigh* which is a major contributing factor to my stupid mistakes in exams.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Seriously? Unless you have a weak bladder, try drinking a mug of camomile tea before bed.
Works wonders.
Add a little honey and it's nice, calming, soothing etc.

(Yes, I often have difficulty sleeping, and from experimenting this is the most useful 'cure')

Last edited:

studentcheese

HSC
Couple of suggestions for helping with sleep (they all work a treat):

- Shower right before bed
- Throw an all nighter. The following night go to sleep at whatever time you please
- Try and read whilst in your bed
Yes, I think throwing an all nighter would work better than sleeping at 2:00 am in one night, because then it would alter your sleeping pattern.

That's some useful advice! :D

Dod0

HSC
Have a few beers that'll make you sleep

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Yes, I think throwing an all nighter would work better than sleeping at 2:00 am in one night, because then it would alter your sleeping pattern.

That's some useful advice! :D
Yeap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)