How was your first day (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Both my lectuers were packed yesterday, esp bio with people sitting on the long staircases and siting on the floor infront of the lecturer. That's UWS for ya.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Wooz said:
Both my lectuers were packed yesterday, esp bio with people sitting on the long staircases and siting on the floor infront of the lecturer. That's UWS for ya.
give it 3 weeks, and i gurantee you, half the room will be empty from then on. And 1 week before exams/assessments, the lecture will be full.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
wrxsti said:
give it 3 weeks, and i gurantee you, half the room will be empty from then on. And 1 week before exams/assessments, the lecture will be full.
Yeah i know, most people cbb going to lectures later on. But yeah the lecture theatre's here at Hawkesbury are smaller in camparison to most at other uni's.

Last edited:

flamelily23

HSC
yesterday i was so bored,it was so horrible :vcross:,but at least i hev new frends now :D

boris2003 said:
Everyone, i think i'm gonna need to drink more coffee:sleep:
lol

Last edited by a moderator:

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
Wooz said:
lol just wait til it gets close to the end of semester- the number of people bothering to go to bio lectures steadily decreases.

krisspy

HSC
My engineering computing lecturer was soo boring. He basically read off slides, about half of the lecture basically walked out.

Snooty

HSC
damn accounting lecture was so packed, people had to sit on the floor ._.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
krisspy said:
My engineering computing lecturer was soo boring. He basically read off slides, about half of the lecture basically walked out.
Same with my bio lecture he just read it word for word and gave no explanation of concepts whatsoever.

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
Lectures were mostly introductions, as were tutorials.

I did managed to get sunburnt though so go me.

boris2003

HSC
krisspy said:
Hehe, that's what happened in Management Dynamics today:rofl:, principles of economics was excellent on the other hand, and accounting well, that wasn't accounting

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
Eh, it was alright on Monday. Only had one lecture (English, Text & Writing), and there were a lot of people, but it wasn't packed down to the last available seat. The lecturer's really good (it was basically like an English Extension 1 class kind of atmosphere, only with 30 times the amount of people and all you had to do was listen), but you get the feeling that 20% of the kids are there because none of the other options were that appealing...

I thought it'd be busier around the O-Week stalls, but the Student Centre was packed and the line ran right out of it and halfway through the ground level of the Building. *shrug*

Eight-hour day on campus tomorrow... how fun...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
starrysky said:
Eh, it was alright on Monday. Only had one lecture (English, Text & Writing), and there were a lot of people, but it wasn't packed down to the last available seat. The lecturer's really good (it was basically like an English Extension 1 class kind of atmosphere, only with 30 times the amount of people and all you had to do was listen), but you get the feeling that 20% of the kids are there because none of the other options were that appealing...

I thought it'd be busier around the O-Week stalls, but the Student Centre was packed and the line ran right out of it and halfway through the ground level of the Building. *shrug*

Eight-hour day on campus tomorrow... how fun...
8 hour day, got any breaks in between it or is it solid 8 hrs straight?

starrysky

HSC
Wooz said:
8 hour day, got any breaks in between it or is it solid 8 hrs straight?
Tutorial from 8-9, tutorial from 12:30-2, tutorial from 3-4. Can't wait to change that bloody 8-9 tutorial so I won't have to wake up until 9am.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
krisspy said:
Haha, you are soooooo lucky, last year i had, The head of the engineering program as my lecturerer, his name was bruce campbell, even he was reading off the slides.

engineering computing.....the programming is soo much its gana come out of your ASSSSS.

The assignments for that subject are sooo ambigious, good-luck.

Che08

HSC
First day was a lil bit of a waste of time as they forgot to tell us Science Labs didnt start till week 3, so a lot of people came in much earlier than they had to (incl. me)
The second and third days were much better organised, and i actually enjoyed yesterday :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Looks like i'll have my own office at uni :D since their's no UWSSA apointment/officer at my uni and was elected unopposed.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah he seemed a bit rash and tried to leave straight after the lecture but an onslaught of students with questions followed him :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)