How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how to make a kippot (Jewish headwear) ?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cfair said:
is that that little circle thing they wear on the back of their head?
Yeah, I need it for my Modern History assignment. I don't know where to buy one :(

cccclaire

HSC
Kujah said:
Yeah, I need it for my Modern History assignment. I don't know where to buy one :(
they're really easy to make. Just get a bit of black material and sew it so it has like a little dip where the head can go. Also most of the rabbi's wear like top-hats.
Also, I'm sure if you go to a sinagoge they have like these white material ones they give to visitors, you could ask for one or something maybe?

cfair

Banned
HSC
make a little cone thing out of paper, i remember in like year 8 a kid did that while running around asking not to be gassed.

yeah, that's the country for you.

cccclaire

HSC
they're not cones though.
They're like if you got a hollow sphere and cut off the top little bit and wore it on your head.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha thanks for the suggestions guys. I might go visit a synagogue next weke or something.

cs01001 said:
Damn, Kujah post the 1337 post

No sorry man...
Nearly there, but I'll probably get some posts deleted by the moderators :eek:

I've got tons of homework from school today. Our preliminary exams start in around 6 weeks time :(

cfair

Banned
HSC
cccclaire said:
they're not cones though.
They're like if you got a hollow sphere and cut off the top little bit and wore it on your head.
yeah thats what i meant, it turns out like that when you kinda roll the paper together... if that makes sense at all.

Le3sah

HSC
Today was very cold.

Started the day off with a pop test in Physics.
Chem class was alright :mad1: (We were calculating the density of water vs ice)

Teacher - Is 10 divided by 10.3 greater or smaller than 1?
Me - GREATER! its 1 point something right?! (Oh man..I was so confident too :(:(:()

Then I had three periods of Maths.

cfair

Banned
HSC
hahaha

poor lisa.

i got back from training just now, OH GOD IT IS -1. almost died running in this, when the cold air hit you it was like a brick wall.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Le3sah said:
Teacher - Is 10 divided by 10.3 greater or smaller than 1?
Me - GREATER! its 1 point something right?! (Oh man..I was so confident too :(:(:()
Its approximately 0.9708... (4dp) :p

Le3sah

HSC
cfair said:
hahaha

poor lisa.

i got back from training just now, OH GOD IT IS -1. almost died running in this, when the cold air hit you it was like a brick wall.
Wow...I wouldn't go outside right now even if you paid me. Its too cold to study, but if I bring the heater in it'll be warm and I'll become sleepy...

Kujah said:
Its approximately 0.9708... (4dp) :p
LOL, thank you for that Kujah.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Had an English Advanced assessment today. I am such fail. =/ oh well, feminist poetry is shit anyways. daddy why did you leave me daddy I want to be with you daddy you left me all alone daddy I tried to reunite with you daddy but the blades weren't sharp enough daddy daddy daddy oh daddy I hate you daddy daddy I love you I need you oh daddy oh daddy.

my philosophy sub didn't give us the half-hour early mark we were promised, so that sucked arse. buuut other than that, my day was peachy.

OT: anyone from this side of BOS planning on coming to the sexy meet up on Friday? Just cuuurious :wave:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
paper mache and balloon ? lol

Anyways havent been here for a while. School's been sooooo busy already. Should be doing my chem assignment. My tummy is making me feel like throwing up. My fingers are frozen. And I have to babysit. Great. = =" Ah I hate school already .. Morning classes are freaken crazy, get me so tired and are so annoying to walk to school for ! ><"

cccclaire

HSC
biology excursion today =/
studying a swamp ecosystem when its 9 degrees and being in the group where none of the equiptment works was really not fun.
And the ranger guy was an idiot too, he starts telling us how aboriginal people are able to regulate their bloodflow or something, and started obsessing over this tree with long leaves rathehr than round leaves.

on a plus we got to go home early and i spent the rest of my afternoon in Gloria Jeans reading trashy magazines with friends.

and no, i'm not going to the thing on friday.

HSC
N/A
Today, 'twas just ok; everything's fairly 'meh'.

Four-period day; four-period days tend to be uneventful and boring day, but most days are like that.
*Physics, for me, was first and an activity regarding types of circuits was performed.
*English, which was second, was pretty 'retarded', what with people shouting "free period!" for no meaningful reason; ultimately, the partial reading of the first scene in 'Othello' was done.
*Third was Chemistry which was a riot.
*Fourth was Maths.
I only go to school for Maths and sciences questions and for study in the morning in the library/senior study and lunch/recess breaks when I feel like it.
Sport - the running around, or rather walking, on a gusty nigh-0 centigrade day - ensued.

It came to me in yet another epiphany; the significance, or lack thereof, of words and their meanings, the paying heed to things and apathy, friendship, and the nature of life. Again, me the cynical 'asshat'. Or, my perceived lack of acceptance... or, lack of flooded inboxes. =p
No seriously, though; that wasn't intended to sound jokingly at the slightest. (Nor comical, for that matter.)

Someone hijacked this account? What? Okay. Whatever. Nooo (in a *scowl*-like manner.) I recall reading undalay post something about this. I don't know whether I care or not and a good reason why I should remain, if this has been haxxed.

Holidays were squandered; nothing was achieved, let alone done. Perhaps only regret remains.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Boring day.

Biology: researched Urey-Miller experiment.
Maths: Regions of Functions
CApps: Nearly finished my PP presentation.
Chemistry: Polarity of molecules.

Le3sah

HSC
Getting changed into uniform in the freezing morning is horrible!

I had a prac for Physics in the first two periods (another one to write up :mad1:)
Watched half of Northanger Abbey for Ext English.
Got 3u Maths test back...failed by one mark. :( (Maths is hard)
Then had two longest periods of Economics ever.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Today, 'twas just ok; everything's fairly 'meh'.

Four-period day; four-period days tend to be uneventful and boring day, but most days are like that. Sport - running around, or rather walking, on a nigh-0 centigrade day - ensued.

It came to me in yet another epiphany; the significance, or lack thereof, of words and their meanings, the paying heed to things and apathy, friendship, and the nature of life. Again, me the cynical 'asshat'. Or, my perceived lack of acceptance... or, lack of flooded inboxes.
No seriously, though; that wasn't intended to sound jokingly at the slightest. (Nor comical, for that matter.)

Someone hijacked this account? What? Okay. Whatever. Nooo (in a *scowl*-like manner.) I recall reading undalay post something about this. I don't know whether I care or not and a good reason why I should remain, if this has been haxxed.

Holidays were squandered; nothing was achieved, let alone done. Perhaps only regret remains.
you will simply not get over the fact I called you an asshat, will you?

I even said it in an affectionate way. :(

Oh yeah, I saw those posts on your account, and just presumed you were on weed or something when you were typing. =/

EDIT: so no other 08ers are coming on friday?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
you will simply not get over the fact I called you an asshat, will you?
Hm?
I even said it in an affectionate way. :(
Oh... right.
Affectionate way. Affections. Emotions. Mind. Flesh. Visceral. Exterior. Peripheral. Incidental.

I reckon I've gotten over being called an asshat (and virtually everything I have been called on these boards); I think I was just quoting it.

My persistent usage of the first person pronoun and constant referencing to myself - on an unrelated note (though I have used many 'I's in this post already) - is not narcissism, or as such; it's lacking.
Oh yeah, I saw those posts on your account, and just presumed you were on weed or something when you were typing. =/
Haha. That's rather presumptuous of you. =p
=? =s =S =/

Weed isn't easily obtained and isn't particularly cheap, even if it were. (I have no idea about it; these are assumptions.)
EDIT: so no other 08ers are coming on friday?
Sorry but what is the occasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)