How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I felt so tired today. Haven't got used to school yet . Got two chapters of Maths HW, and already got an assignment for Chemistry! Every subject I had today has HW, but I'll manage it :)

Black Hawker

HSC
It was my 2nd day today. Feel I'm going to fail because I have a really bad maths teacher who I don't understand. And half the teachers I don't know...

ccc123

HSC
Its only the second day and i'm so tired! Have heaps of HW for legal, maths hw, bio hw and 2 aassignments for mod hist. And tomorrow i have to be at school 7:45 for extension!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
The workload is ok atm, we just been going through syllabus stuff atm, but changing from the public system to a private system is a big WTF.

booties4

HSC
So far school has been reall good....we got a new quad which is positioned so that we are further away from the junior years which is great.

The teachers have been all nice and haven't given us that much work yeat but i'm waiting for them to show there real selfs and come lashing out of the shadows with piles of work.......only God can save us then.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
It was alright in a sense.

Physics we were playing with slinkys ! mmmm .. lol

Chem, oh gosh it was annoying ! ><"

Maths, 12 exercises in like 3 weeks ! =( sigh, dont sound like much, but school only started !

I don't have time to be on net anymore ! LOL

Evergreen

HSC
srsly i wanna get over this yr 10 revision shit... its so annoying and waste of time b/c no-one realy listens and learns much. i got good teachers though, for nearly all my subjects.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
The Year 7s really brighten my day.
'Is this area out of bounds?" (Outside the uniform shop)
-________-"
Lollerskates.

HSC
I felt dead around after lunch. I hope that isn't the way the rest of the year is gonna be like.

cs01001

HSC
An alright day, had Eco and Chem properly for the first time, teachers are good, studnets are ok.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
krazedrealitii said:
I felt dead around after lunch. I hope that isn't the way the rest of the year is gonna be like.
yeah, that was like me. I felt so dead, and lethargic in Computing and Chemistry. Maybe once my sleeping pattern goes back into place, everything will be back to normal

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Ahahahaha! A year 7 asked me the way to 216 (her rollcall). It was my Aust. History classroom for two years. And what do I do when I'm asked where it is? "Ummm...I don't think there's a Room 216...." No, I wasn't intentionally trying to confuse a newbie. Yes, it appears I STILL don't know the school that well. I'm an idiot. Yay!

Anyway, today wasn't too bad. First period was a free, then after recess I had Ancient History. We just went over the syllabus and talked about the difference between sources and evidence. You know, what you did in Year 7? then I had English Advanced, which is starting to scare me. I have sooooo much crap due for that in the next four weeks. But it all seems pretty easy, so I guess it's not as bad as I make it out to be. And EE1 was very cool. We're doing a good topic, have a good teacher, and the workload is much more spreadout.

After school, I had my first Philosophy class. Except, it wasn't a class. We're supposed to be doing it with some guys from Normo, but they haven't started school yet so we couldn't actually do anything. Our teacher just talked to us about what to expect from the course. She also said that we'll be given little to no assignments and homework to do at home, and that it's mostly group work done in the lesson. HELL TO THE YES. It seems like such a bludge, I'm so happy: it gives me an excuse to drink coffee AND yell at people for disagreeing with me (not that it stopped me before, I just have an excuse to now) and gives me more frees and time at home to concentrate on my other subjects. :D

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Haha, I know a guy from Normo. I feel so special now..

Good luck with Prelim guys, although you're a smart bunch, so I expect you won't need it.
Just wait until you're in our position - the novelty has fucking worn off, that's for sure. It's good fun to chat to the prelimers though, just to see how things are different from when we went through.

I'm really happy though - I found out yesterday that I get to teach our Year 11 Entertainment class all about sound - which will give me every competency ever in the sounds area. :):):)

Now is anyone doing Utopia/Dystopia with 1984 and Gattaca for Extension English? That is the best unit ever - it changed the way I thought about the world and the way I approach a lot of things in life now, so you're lucky to whoever does that.

And remember guys - you're almost the top dogs in the school now, so assert yourselves. You could do it the way we did at my school, and purchase a 6-foot sub from Subway to eat at lunch or you could steal our idea for muck-up day and create a dodgy kebab stand in the top quad. :p Just make sure to have fun and to not worry too much, after all it is Year 11.
Make good use of your new-found respect from the teachers to rape and pillage school resources for all they are worth - there's nothing like haveing a nice mixing desk and a couple of 200 dollar mics sitting around the house for whenever I want them...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ Smart advice ;)

Had three periods only today. Got more exercises for Maths, had a casual for Chemistry, but she gave us like 3-4 sheets of Chem stuff we haven't even started yet :confused: Also had Modern History, got my first essay to complete. Love Thursdays :) Free period for 2 hrs!

Joohlie

HSC
Dropped Business Studies :D Win! I felt bad though because my Business teacher was in the room when I asked to drop it, lol.
Good day today. Starting with a booklet about change in English, 2 exercises for Maths homework, discussions in Legal & experiment in Biology :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
bringbackshred said:
Now is anyone doing Utopia/Dystopia with 1984 and Gattaca for Extension English? That is the best unit ever - it changed the way I thought about the world and the way I approach a lot of things in life now, so you're lucky to whoever does that.
Haha, I did Utopia/Dystopia with Lake at the End of the World and Gattaca in preliminary Advanced English :p.

Preliminary students have such grand ideas on what the next two years will be like and how they will 'change' and what they will achieve. By the time they reach HSC year they realise how wrong they were, well mostly wrong. Good advice though.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Oh my god. I think there is something wrong, I really do. :confused: I've been at school for three days now, I've had at least one lesson in all of my subjects, yet I've still been given little to no homework. WTF? I mean, for English I have a whole bunch of stories/essays/related texts due at various points during this term and next, but it's completely managable. In Business Studies we were given our Bussines Research Task, but that's due in August. AUGUST! And all my other subjects, I've been given nothing to do outside of class, except read the two novels for English Adanced and Ext.

I'm kind of weirded out. Everyone says Year 11 is when they spring a lot of work on you, but I'm not finding that. Yet. Some of my other friends are - VA and Modern assessments all due in the next five weeks - so maybe it's just my subject selection being very nice to me right now. I don't know, but I certainly don't mind.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
had first english and legal classes today. legal teacher made me feel like a fucking idiot. we're starting our historical project for ancient and im gonna do human remains, whcih is prob done to death but the teacher wont care cos my school sucks. on one tuesday i have an hour of english adv and then two hours of eng ext!!:confused: bio is fun and i dont have my first modern class till tomorrow

Heliotrope

HSC
Bad. Bad!

I didn't get the teacher I wanted for English, and I don't much like the people in my class. English was my favourite, and now I'm going to hate it. :( Also I have double Modern History tomorrow, and I don't think I have any friends in the class. :( Also I'm already really tired. :(

But I'm sure it'll get better and stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)