How was your school day? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudcake42

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Wow you have school photos pretty early!

As for me, school was alright. =\ I'm in the top (ranked) maths class and unsure about my ability to cope being surrounded by people who are really really good at maths (because I was in the BOTTOM class last year). =( The teacher's cool though.

And everyday is just maths, english and science. Gosh it feels good. Especially the Science parts <3.
TOTALLY know what your on about! Been put into the top class ... still not convinced I belong there :confused: :confused:

Nearly everday I have maths ... everyday I have a science ... mixed with a nice balance of business studies and IPT . Enjoying school subbies ... no more aus history or aus geo!! YAY :rolleyes: :hammer: :rolleyes:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Heliotrope said:
I miss out on sport 'cause I'm doing Accounting. :( Which also goes on till after school hours. Hmm... but that's okay, I get to go to Tafe! Whoo... I think.
Does that mean you get many free periods?

PrettyVacant

HSC
mudcake42 said:
TOTALLY know what your on about! Been put into the top class ... still not convinced I belong there :confused: :confused:

Nearly everday I have maths ... everyday I have a science ... mixed with a nice balance of business studies and IPT . Enjoying school subbies ... no more aus history or aus geo!! YAY :rolleyes: :hammer: :rolleyes:
And I get the feeling so many people in the top classes (1 and 2) will go and do 4Unit. =(

I am not smrat enough for that.

Heliotrope

HSC
Does that mean you get many free periods?
No... I think it means that I'm doing 14 units. Which I totally hadn't realised!

I don't think my school lets us drop anything if we're doing a TVET course. Because if they did, I'd definitely have ditched something in exchange for more free periods. :) I'm gonna have to make sure, though.

mudcake42

HSC
hahaha Id actually LOVE to be able to do 4 unit maths because I love maths ... but yeh I dont think Im smart enough either :(

Maybe we could just try really really hard and maybe get through? lol does anyone know how you do 4 unit because I heard the school has to invite you or something?

HSC
My school day was okay...I didn't feel very tired. I took enough Panadol so I couldn't feel any pain as for the last two days I've had a fever and a headache, which is a not very nice way to start the school-year. I had my first Modern History class today, and they've already given us an assessment task. Luckily, it's a big one, due next term or something.

At my school they invite people into the Extension II classes. I wish I was that good at maths...but no, I'm doing General. Which, I must say, is AWESOME. So easy, well at least today it was. It feels like I'm back in Year 7 again. If it stays this simple, I'll be able to do brilliantly in Maths this year.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
mudcake42 said:
Maybe we could just try really really hard and maybe get through? lol does anyone know how you do 4 unit because I heard the school has to invite you or something?
Not at my school, however you do have to show that you are capable of it by doing well in the 2 unit and/or extension 1 courses in year 11.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
LottoX said:
I can't imagining you crying, sorry.
:( I do have a heart, you know...

Nah, to be fair I was an emotional wreck during that time. My grandmother passed away, and no less than two weeks later we were reading a poem that was kind of bringing up some of my issues with her death. So I asked if I could go to the bathroom, and he went on with some shit about how I was trying to get out of class "like always" and I just wanted to punch him in the fucking face.

But I burst into tears instead.

Go figure.

S1M0, I'm in the exact position as you. The only work I have to do is...read. Which I don't mind at all, because the books we've been given are amazing[/nerd] but like, where are all the assessments and assignments we were supposed to be bombarded with? Not that i'm complaining. ;)

Last edited:

limbo-gal

HSC
Jachie said:
Have you got Campbell or Foster? If it's the former, you poor thing. :( I got so angry with him during a lesson in Year 9, I started crying. True story. And yeah, Adcock seems a bit...um...I don't know. Strange? Oh well. Who is your Eco teacher?

Yeh, I have Campbell since I'm one of the non-ext. classes and therfore am going to fail to English. Adcpck is very strange. Tanvi, Tala, Ho and me were talking the whole lesson, and so was here. It was like he didn't even realise we were talking...

I have Baxter for Eco.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Jachie said:
S1M0, I'm in the exact position as you. The only work I have to do is...read. Which I don't mind at all, because the books we've been given are amazing[/nerd] but like, where are all the assessments and assignments we were supposed to be bombared with? Not that i'm complaining. ;)
All lies. For now, anyway. But it won't be a bombardment of assessments.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Not at my school, however you do have to show that you are capable of it by doing well in the 2 unit and/or extension 1 courses in year 11.
Yeah, thats the same as us. Teacher said that we'd had to consistently get 75% + so we could do MX2. We then have a grading test in Term 1 of 2U/3U/4U, so the Maths staffroom can determine whether we can get through the course for the entire year. If you fail, you;re dropped :(

slowjam10

HSC
yeah i thought we would get bombarded with work to intsead the teachers just talk to us about what we are doing and how good they are (but yes they are good). Is anyone else like having fun (you're all going to say NERD) but yeah now that i do subjects that i like i no longer have to look at the clock every minute to see how long it will be before the torture ends.

Has everyones school given them the syllabus i have gotten it for Legal Studies and Food Tech. What about assessment schedules, we have ones that outline all the assessments for the whole year.

Modern History one looks fun in Term 2 we get to choose anything in History and develop a question we would like to have answered.

Anyone else doing both Histories?

Jachie

HSC
limbo-gal said:
Yeh, I have Campbell since I'm one of the non-ext. classes and therfore am going to fail to English. Adcpck is very strange. Tanvi, Tala, Ho and me were talking the whole lesson, and so was here. It was like he didn't even realise we were talking...

I have Baxter for Eco.
Yeah, the whole class was talking. I was strangely in a "listen to the teacher!" mood, because I'm still really anxious about the fact I haven't taken Commerce so I'm desperate not to fall behind. I was assured not taking Commerce wouldn't matter, but Adcock seemed to be like, "Remember last year when I talked about the four Ps and capitalism and blahblahblah? Well, it's the same thing here." Me: :confused: Oh well. Looks like I'll be going over my Excel study guide regularly. ;)

Oh, okay. I have Sexton. :D Apparently she's an awesome teacher. Is there a third Economics class? If so, do you know who the other teacher is?

All lies. For now, anyway. But it won't be a bombardment of assessments.
Ah, so typical. The next grade is always hyped up so much, by teachers and elder peers alike, and it always ends up being nowhere near as intense as they make it out to be.

I've received the syllabus for all of my subjects. :) And we'll be getting our assessment booklet next Tuesday, at some meeting that our parents are invited to. O_O

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just wait to the assessment periods and exams periods then I think you will all be singing a different tune. Your time will come. :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
First assessment in Week 5 :eek:

limbo-gal

HSC
Jachie said:
Yeah, the whole class was talking. I was strangely in a "listen to the teacher!" mood, because I'm still really anxious about the fact I haven't taken Commerce so I'm desperate not to fall behind. I was assured not taking Commerce wouldn't matter, but Adcock seemed to be like, "Remember last year when I talked about the four Ps and capitalism and blahblahblah? Well, it's the same thing here." Me: :confused: Oh well. Looks like I'll be going over my Excel study guide regularly. ;)

Oh, okay. I have Sexton. :D Apparently she's an awesome teacher. Is there a third Economics class? If so, do you know who the other teacher is?

I guess people who took commerce last year might have more of a subconscious knowledge of that kinda stuff (if that makes sense), but I really wouldn't worry about it all. Adcock repeats himself alot, so you definently won't notice, also the syllabus this year is quite different to the commerce syllabus... so it's pretty much much new all stuff anyway.

Yeh, I've heard good things 'bout Sexton but I think I'd totally freak if I got her. I don't think there is another Eco class...

wynnedoze

HSC
Jachie said:
:) And we'll be getting our assessment booklet next Tuesday, at some meeting that our parents are invited to. O_O
It'll be great when we know exactly whats due and when. But what does annoy me is the way english has cut our work down, not that I don't want them to get rid of it. Its just annoying, so much stuff gets cut down by english. Our mary armstrong speech, the gothic unit with wuthering heights, the lord of the flies stuff, the "purple lion book" all got changed. It would have been bad for the people who had actually spent the time and effort doing it and then suddenly got told that 1200 words of their assignment was no longer going to be marked. Not that i managed that...hehehe....i LOVE english....:sleep:

Jachie

HSC
wynnedoze said:
It'll be great when we know exactly whats due and when. But what does annoy me is the way english has cut our work down, not that I don't want them to get rid of it. Its just annoying, so much stuff gets cut down by english. Our mary armstrong speech, the gothic unit with wuthering heights, the lord of the flies stuff, the "purple lion book" all got changed. It would have been bad for the people who had actually spent the time and effort doing it and then suddenly got told that 1200 words of their assignment was no longer going to be marked. Not that i managed that...hehehe....i LOVE english....:sleep:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, I love that this set of English work has been cut down. We were expected to write two compositions in one week. It was ludicrous. This is much more managable and spread out. :)

Yeh, I've heard good things 'bout Sexton but I think I'd totally freak if I got her. I don't think there is another Eco class...
I know what you mean...I'm rather nervous she'll pick apart my uniform. :/ Still, apparently she's totally not as scary as you think she is when you're a juniour. And apparently she's a kickass Eco teacher, so yay!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Had English, Chemistry, Maths and Comp Apps today. Didn't feel tired today :) Just talked about AOS in English, had scores of sheets for Chem, did 4 exercises with a casual in Maths, and did a letter using software in Comp. It's weekends :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)