How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdeck

HSC
I'm doing both histories as well, except there's like six people in my modern class...for ancient i think we're doing the iceman, vikings, troy etc, and for modern we're doing the russian revolution, china, israel / palestine i think...Should be good :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, I have a cool teacher for Modern. He uses our imagination to the fullest extent, and he's easy-going.

We're doing:
1. French, Industrial and Russian Revolution.
2. Our own personality project
3. Causes of WWI

I think in Year 12, as far as I know, we're doing:
1. WW1
2. Albert Speer
3. Germany

Modern's gonna be cool :cool:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Dunno, he only told us the first 3 ;)

[Edit]: I think it might be Conflict in Europe or Indochina

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Jachie said:
I imagine it's a Board-Endorsed 1-unit course, like Philosophy is for me. :)
Hey Jachie. I was just wondering, how is philosophy ? Is it like a humanities subject ? Our school doesnt actually offer 1 unit subjects besides extensions. So I'm kinda looking for a subject. Do they actually have a class for philosophy for your school or do you do that subject in some other way ?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'd imagine you'd need to have some requirements to do a Distinction course like Philosophy.

Exceptional students who have accelerated and completed, ahead of their cohort, all HSC course requirements in one subject area generally at the highest course level may be eligible to study a Distinction Course. Students will have completed the accelerated course prior to the year in which they intend to study a Distinction Course.
More info: http://72.14.253.104/u/bos?q=cache:...03.doc+philosophy&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&ie=UTF-8

Hedgy

HSC
I spent first week in bali ...suckers :pP <(^_^)>

Now i got a week of school to catch up on+ Bonus sunburn

literall Ouch!:mad1:

Freakster01

HSC
man so boring first week but its like a full on bludge haha.. but but the problem is for my skool ur not allow to have flexi time for the first 2 weeks. how gay is that ><!!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
Hey Jachie. I was just wondering, how is philosophy ? Is it like a humanities subject ? Our school doesnt actually offer 1 unit subjects besides extensions. So I'm kinda looking for a subject. Do they actually have a class for philosophy for your school or do you do that subject in some other way ?

Hey. :) My Philosophy course isn't a distinction course, it's a Board-Endorsed one. That means that it's worth one unit, only runs for one year and won't be counted towards my UAI. It's held offline, ever Wednesday afternoon at my school. Some guys from Normanhurst Boys do the subject with us.

As for how the subject is, we've only had one half-lesson. We talked about what we would study over the year, and it sounds really interesting. What's great is that we'll be given little homework and assignments to complete at home, and that there's only one exam at the end of the year. I'm so glad I picked it up; I get the extra frees and it's really like I'm only doing 11 units. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Sounds really good. Can anyone do it if it's not a distinction course?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Yeah, I think it needs to be offered at your school. HGHS offered Philosophy and Photography; other schools offer...well, other courses :p Hornsby and Normo have had this deal for years now, where the two schools study Philo together. So maybe if a school near you offers it, you'll be able to do it? I don't know. *shrugs uselessly*

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Oh okay. I highly doubt that any schools around me would do it. But the thing is, I wanted to do it for year 12. Having 11 units seems to risky for me & 13 seems a little too much. Although thats only if I keep MX1. Well, thanks for that ! =]

``jes2iicah--

HSC
Yr 11 so farrr... hmm,, not too sure about me goin to have too much fun! it was my 3rd day of school and guess what...... THE SCHOOL DECIDED TO GIVE ME 4TEXTBOOKS! :| (And well... the maths one was like freaking heavyyyyy)

lacklustre

HSC
``jes2iicah-- said:
Yr 11 so farrr... hmm,, not too sure about me goin to have too much fun! it was my 3rd day of school and guess what...... THE SCHOOL DECIDED TO GIVE ME 4TEXTBOOKS! :| (And well... the maths one was like freaking heavyyyyy)
My bag ways about 8kgs on average most days esp. when there is extension outside of school time.

lacklustre

HSC
Kujah said:
Tried a folder?
I have a folder with my exercise books in it. It's the textbooks that contribute significantly to the overall weight, making it heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)