How was your school day? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poad

HSC
We just got our exam results back, and while I'd consider my marks to be utterly deplorable, I was pretty much ranked in the top 5 for all my subjects, which is good I s'pose.

Maths Ext 2 - Complex Numbers. Wheee. Won't have many Ext 2 classes 'til after the 2U HSC exam, until them we stay in our Accelerated class.
English - Imaginative Journeys. Eew.
Economics - Got assessment task on our 2nd lesson, an essay on Australia's CAD (I cant even remember what that stands for >.<)

and yay first post :)

genril

Banned
HSC
Thanks Jachie.

Yeah we got one of those too, but it doesn't say how many texts we need to make reference to for some reason... and coleridge is a poet dude that does poems... lol.

Are you doing imaginitive journeys too? I was so glad when I found out we were.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
and yeah we're recommened to have variety but if I have two movies, a poem and a novel then what else do they expect me to use? A fucking website? It all works out, I'm not worried. I was considering using a few pivotal episodes from"Freaks and Geeks" (tv show) if I decide I hate one of my films somewhere along the line, but I don't think it's going to come to that.

EDIT: yep, four texts. My school's first in the state in english, that might explain it.
Ah okay, cool.

Psst for another text, graphic novel Watchmen. Chapter VI or chapter VI. Both awesome. I did VI and there was so much stuff there was no way I could write about it all. This is for Inner Journeys specifically, too.

For Chapter VI you have two journeys going on at the same time, one told in flashbacks and the other being affected by that journey, symbolism, sequencing of shots, characterisation, heaps of stuff. Plus the chances that many others will do it, practically 0.

Chapter IV has a guy reflecting on his life, but he actually can experience it at will (hard to explain). I would've liked to do that one too, but there was so much material for just chapter VI there was no point.

Plus it's just a kickass book.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Today was better compared to the others. The guys got me orange roses & chocolate. It was so nice of them I felt bad but all the girls were jealous so it made me feel a lot better. :) Well we had our trade display and we done alright I guess. We had my music blasting but we needed more colours. Well I tried to bribe the kids with lollies.

After we had orals. Snore.

Then we had a viewing of commercials. I personally found that ours was the worst. :) Now I have like half a kilo of lollies to pig out on! yay !

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
genril said:
Thanks Jachie.

Yeah we got one of those too, but it doesn't say how many texts we need to make reference to for some reason... and coleridge is a poet dude that does poems... lol.

Nah, Inner Journeys for me. I wouldn't have minded imaginary, but I thank baby jesus I didn't get Physical Journeys, that would have been aids.

Oi Fish Sauce, cheers for the rec man, it sounds fantastic. I'll definitely check it out :)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Nah, Inner Journeys for me. I wouldn't have minded imaginary, but I thank baby jesus I didn't get Physical Journeys, that would have been aids.

Oi Fish Sauce, cheers for the rec man, it sounds fantastic. I'll definitely check it out :)
No problem, it's probably the best text I've done. There's even a website that analyses the book practically panel by panel. I didn't end up using it but it's always there.

Agree on the physical journeys thing, too.

cs01001

HSC
Hey

A bit late, can't go on Bos for the past few days... anyway Happy Birthday mate :)

School is going ok, everyone did shit in English, lol

yennie B

HSC
genril said:
Oi Jachie, help me out.

Ok, my english class is doing the following:

for the critical: King Lear

comparison: Blade Runner / BNW

for the other thing which i can't remember what it's called because i don't pay attention: colderidge? that's poetry yeah?

What do we have to do besides that? I know we don't do the stimulus book anymore, do we have to get FOUR of our own texts? I remember the teacher saying something about this but I was day dreaming.
arhh i'm doing the exact same texts as you. the poet guy is samuel coleridge.. so i'm guessing you'll be doing imaginative journeys. god you're clueless :p

Last edited:

genril

Banned
HSC
yep imaginative. i certainly am, didn't really give a shit at the time.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
genril said:
Thanks Jachie.

Lol My Area of Study is Imaginative Journeys as well. The Tempest by Shakespeare would be the set text. Oh boy.....Shakespeare.....:eek:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Today was soo hot. Physics. Worked on simply gravity work. Sport/Free. NO SPORT NOW ! Ah .. *cries* Went to the shops and bought some exercise books. English. Got results back. Shittest marks ever! They were real bad .. Chemistry. Had some other teacher. Done work on first topic. Got results back. Ranked first with 63%! Oh yeah! IPT. Free. Stayed at senior study and talked about pets and stuff. Engineering. Worked on assignment which I stayed up to like 3 last night for! It's now due on friday. FUCK!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Hi guys I went to school today and it was pretty uneventful ^____^

Sonata

HSC
its getting pretty hot nowadays... like 31 degrees~!

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
As to the thread question, it was quite boring, which it usually is. My school also continues not to initiate any work in relation to the HSC.

veronica6535

HSC
school was so boring.
Ext english: PERIOD ZERO.. uh huh like one hour before everyone else starts school.. mm just re-read our topic and got our first text
Maths: um yes circles.. shit shit
legal: mm nothing really i dont like my teacher
FREEEEE PERIOD
maths- circles.. again
went home yes yes finished at 12:15 SCORE!

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Maths: Just started locus; hating it already!
IPT: Did maths homework :eek:.
Economics: Free trade and protection. Still don't have our textbooks, grr.
SORII: Watched a video on Aboriginal spirituality.

Early period tomorrow for MX2 :(.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Holy heck, you have after-school classes? I'd die ;/.
And hahah, I honestly have no idea how long I'll last in MX2; just gonna see how I go!

Two study periods in a day for the first time ever tomorrow. Woo :).

cs01001

HSC
Got assessment notification for Eco today :( Test in wk 4

Black Hawker

HSC
Boring.

English - boring.
Economics - teacher wasn't there. Nothing.
Physics - passed my yearlies. Went through the test.
Maths - started integration. Too easy.

After school - EE2. Got a summary of what's happening. Probably drop it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)