how you guys studying for extension (2 Viewers)

peeasoup

Just wondering what you guys are doing for study for your 3 unit hsc exam, and 2 unit.
im going through past papers from 1999 - 2003, and using the excel book.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Past Papers. Plan to get around 15 done of each by the HSC. Hopefully more.

Xtrinsic_Psycho

yeh past hsc papers...

Xayma said:
Past Papers. Plan to get around 15 done of each by the HSC. Hopefully more.
wow that's awesome, i doubt i can do half of that... is everyone doing abt 15 like Xayma?

CrashOveride

HSC
I havn't done hardly any past HSC papers, but i've done a whole lot of trials etc. ( >25)

Does anyone know where to get even older HSC papers from, because i've got the MANSW book but that only goes back to about 1993 I think.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
For mathematics next year, I'll be doing all the papers I can get my hands on. That's about 200 for 4-unit, and remarkably less for 3 unit (due to lack of past papers/trials).

Rorix

HSC
Anyone that puts the words "studying" and "maths" in the same sentence, without using "not" or "by past papers" is almost certainly a n00b.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
At home I'm doing past HSC papers from 1988-2003, plus any specimen papers i can get my hands on (like from Excel and Textbooks)

Plus in class we've been doing trial papers since a few weeks ago and will continue to do so untill the end of term

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Using my trusty Success One book for both maths and maths ext1 and hope to finish all the papers in there plus ive done over 20 various trial papers and may do more if i get the time.

peeasoup

oh man, you guys are doing alot of past papers. Ive probably done bout 4. I gotta start studying like crazy for all my subjects. fuck shit !!!

lilkatie

Omg you guys r scaring me.....15 papers oh if only i had that kinda time

HSC
N/A
pastpaper after pastpaper, i do about one a day for maths, alternating between a 4unit past papers and 3unit past papers.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
same with me, i was actually plannning to do 1 3u and 1 4u each day, but i ended up jus doin wot u do, its gonna work out fine by the hsc...yall shudnt panic bout the numba of past papers u shud do, do wot u think is sufficient, it depends upon ability...in light of this i shud b doin more 4u

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Supra said:
same with me, i was actually plannning to do 1 3u and 1 4u each day, but i ended up jus doin wot u do, its gonna work out fine by the hsc...yall shudnt panic bout the numba of past papers u shud do, do wot u think is sufficient, it depends upon ability...in light of this i shud b doin more 4u
I disagree. Once you have done enough, you do more;)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If working as hard as possible was just to improve my raw mark by 4 then id work as hard as possible. The more marks the better

sHin

speersy said:
yeah but you get to a certain point where doing over 20 past papers could possibly only improve your raw mark by 4
Those 4 measly marks could mean life or death.
i.e. reaching the cut-off for your desired uni course

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
you have no idea what a difference it makes just to get one extra mark!
i wish for 2 of my subjects to get just 1 extra mark let alone 4!!

everything counts, every little bit

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You get more than 4 marks, after my first 15 I did like another 20 and got an extra 9% for trial compared to half yearly.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
There is an exponential relationship here
because, as study --> infinity (in a mortals case, a shit load of time), raw mark is only increasing slightly and --> 100
its your choice :)

3unit will do shit all to my uai >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)