• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Howard's migration plan (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
sam04u said:
I can't agree that the Jewish and Chinese communities within Australia have assimilated any better then the Australian Muslim community. How do you measure assimilation? Both the Jewish and the Chinese communities have created little communities where the majority of people are either chinese or jewish. It's a natural reaction and I don't see how any group can be classified as a group which has assimilated better then any of the other groups. IF you look at the polar beliefs and differences of ideals and then judge the actual ammount of 'Assimilation' you will see that in comparison the Australian-Muslim community which mostly does speak english and follow Australian sub-culture. You will see that they have assimilated quite well.

Then again Australia is a diverse country and that's what makes Australia beutiful, that it is multi-cultural to some extent. I just visit my local food court and have alot too chose from. I can see what the chinese have contributed, through foods and other culture, and the cheap chinese discount stores :D. I also see the kebab shops and the 'salad bars', which sells greek salad and other juices. I then see the butchery, which is owned by the friendly Italian guy, (a nice man), and I also do see the banks (friendly Jewish interest rates):D.

Altogether we have a functional society built on the differences of people :D Lol, let's all work together.

Racism is a step backwards not a step forward :p
I agree, i don't think any one group has assimilated any better or worse at all. One thing though, at these food courts and that, yes the diversity is great, but I shouldnt' have to point at what I want to eat because the lady behind the counter can't understand English. In Australia our language is English, so I think for any1 involved in a business where the slightest chance that they may actually have to encounter a person who doesn't speak their language (I know it can be a shock in some of these segregated communities in Sydney), then they should know and be able to communicate effectively in English. I should not have to accept that they can't speak english and "oh well your problem". Fuck off it is, if i didn't wanna understand english then I wouldn't be living in an English speaking country

mednerd

HSC
N/A
hotshot,
yeah sam never said that..but he criticises ZabZufor saying what he said even though it his freedom of speech

John Howard 'Singled out Islam', when many Asian, Jewish, Greek, Italian, and others haven't learnt the language and prefer to stay in areas with people of the same nationality. By singling out 'one' group and making a remark which is probably less true. They form a racist argument attacking Islamic-Australians.
i knoe, but ZabZu isnt john howard.///oit is zazabu who is saying it and it is his freedom of speech to do so if he thinks so

So, they're rich hard-working people, who can afford to spend time 'driving around looking for european teens to bash?', listen to how stupid that sounds? Obviously Aryan beauty may have a mental defficiency.
DOESNT MAKE SENSE AT ALL...I never associated these rich hard working people with those who wanted to drive around looking for ppl to bash ...in fact no one did. (u do knoe that poor ppl driving old cars can go around bashing ppl up too)

[/quote]slam has drawn converts from all walks of life, most notably African-Americans. [/quote]
YEH..dont use countries like Somalia as they were FORCED to convert to islam unfortuntaley
In societies where you have minorities that are discriminated against, I think they may find an appeal in Islam," said Waleed Kazziha of American University in Cairo.
nOTE Who said it...prob a muslim ...correct me if im wrong...and morst of ur sources are mulism

That applies to all countries, Including Israel which discriminates against
yea i was being sarcastic ...the point is which u misintrepreted is that some countries do not follow it including israel and middle eastern countries

what I say out of context, and using very weak statistics to try and make racist,
Actually i never used statistics to prove anything..nor was i making any racist comments about islam..i was just pointing out that some of ur statements are at times hypocritical...as many would agree

I just wish Johny didn't single out us muslims all the time.
Yeah..that i agree with. its funny...if howard accepts muslims wearing their own traditonal clothes (which he should)..there is no reason why he should single out muslims

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
otay said:
I agree, i don't think any one group has assimilated any better or worse at all. One thing though, at these food courts and that, yes the diversity is great, but I shouldnt' have to point at what I want to eat because the lady behind the counter can't understand English. In Australia our language is English, so I think for any1 involved in a business where the slightest chance that they may actually have to encounter a person who doesn't speak their language (I know it can be a shock in some of these segregated communities in Sydney), then they should know and be able to communicate effectively in English. I should not have to accept that they can't speak english and "oh well your problem". Fuck off it is, if i didn't wanna understand english then I wouldn't be living in an English speaking country
Yeah, That's true. I hate when that happens but accept it, like in 'bakeries', I might have to point at the cake/drink I wan't and also the ingredients to my chicken-salad sandwich. It's a bit annoying, especially since there are only 'so many' things which they sell. (20-25 maximum). Also, the same bakery writing 'Prince Cassandra' instead of 'Princess Cassandra' on my little sisters birthday cake. >.>

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
mednerd said:
hotshot,
yeah sam never said that..but he criticises ZabZufor saying what he said even though it his freedom of speech
Mednerd, I have no quarrel with you. I agree to alot of what you say, infact my source was CNN, who were asking why people 'might' convert to Islam. African-Americans aren't exactly somalians, and they aren't exactly 'forced'. Many, converted to Islam, and infact many of their leaders who helped them gain 'freedom' were infact muslims. Such as 'Malcolm X'.

I agree to everyone having an opinion, as long as it isn't something like, 'Whites are Superior to Blacks' and 'Blacks are the cause for all the trouble in the World', cause that's just going back in time to the days of Hitler. (we don't want that.)
An opinion is different then racism, saying Israel shouldn't exist isn't the same as saying that Jewish people shouldn't exist. Israel was a nation pretty much stolen, and you may not want to accept that but it never belonged to the people and they took it. That's stealing a nation in my book it may not be in yours and that's our freedom of thought being utilised. We can discuss and argue, that's the benefit of a country with freedom of speech.

Basically, we can come to a conclusion if we at times allow ourselves logical compromise.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
sam04u said:
and I also do see the banks (friendly Jewish interest rates):D.

Throughout your posts you portray yourself as victim of racism but almost each and every post of you contain indirect references to jews in a bad way. Which i find it oxymoronic.

I also do see the banks (friendly Jewish interest rates)

I'm glad jews are so powerful tht they controlled Australian Reserve Bank and they can control interest rate! :D. Isn't it amazing how he preach peace, freedom, equality blah blah blah and constantly demonizing jewish people on the other side.

HSC
ZabZu said:
Thats not a racist statement. Im cricitising elements of the Muslim community not the all Muslims.

Some Lebanese people (Muslims or Christian) go around in their sportscars looking for fights with European looking males.

Some Muslims call Australian girls as "sluts" because they dont dress conservatively like Muslim women. These people dont have any respect for Australian culture.

I heard on the news a few days ago that some Muslims (most likely Lebanese) in western Sydney were handing out pro-Hezbollah pamphlets saying that Israel has no right to exist.

Some Muslims disregard Australian law if it conflicts with the Islamic Sharia law.

These comments are all facts. You can call me what you want but the Muslim community has to do something to stop this negative image of themselves.
i saw that pamphlet, i was with my friend and we was inside the train and she noticed in front of her a muslim woman flipping through the pages etc, it had how they compared the bombings to september 11, jews has no right in this world etc something along that line, but also there was also graphic images on it too, i posted a link how news reporters like to edit photos to make it look real and all etc

mednerd

HSC
N/A
ur understanding "exactly forced" has been stretched...
i dont concur that applying logic will ever reach a conclusion when this evidence we find are and will always be subjective and sensationalisedd

banco55

HSC
sam04u said:
I can't agree that the Jewish and Chinese communities within Australia have assimilated any better then the Australian Muslim community. How do you measure assimilation? Both the Jewish and the Chinese communities have created little communities where the majority of people are either chinese or jewish. It's a natural reaction and I don't see how any group can be classified as a group which has assimilated better then any of the other groups. IF you look at the polar beliefs and differences of ideals and then judge the actual ammount of 'Assimilation' you will see that in comparison the Australian-Muslim community which mostly does speak english and follow Australian sub-culture. You will see that they have assimilated quite well.

Then again Australia is a diverse country and that's what makes Australia beutiful, that it is multi-cultural to some extent. I just visit my local food court and have alot too chose from. I can see what the chinese have contributed, through foods and other culture, and the cheap chinese discount stores :D. I also see the kebab shops and the 'salad bars', which sells greek salad and other juices. I then see the butchery, which is owned by the friendly Italian guy, (a nice man), and I also do see the banks (friendly Jewish interest rates):D.

Altogether we have a functional society built on the differences of people :D Lol, let's all work together.

It's not so much about whether they live in seperate little communities it's more about how well they do education wise, participation in civic life, employment rate and whether they are responsible for a level of crime that is disproportionate to their numbers in the community. It's no secret that the chinese, vietnamese, koreans, jews etc. do better on average at school, have a low rate of unemployment and they don't produce a high level of crime. They also participate positively in local politics. Plus their culture seems to mesh much more easily with western culture. They don't have really different cultural ideas on the role of women for example. I've never heard of any of the aforementioned groups asking for special laws to be put in place for them etc.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Throughout your posts you portray yourself as victim of racism but almost each and every post of you contain indirect references to jews in a bad way. Which i find it oxymoronic.

I also do see the banks (friendly Jewish interest rates)

I'm glad jews are so powerful tht they controlled Australian Reserve Bank and they can control interest rate! :D. Isn't it amazing how he preach peace, freedom, equality blah blah blah and constantly demonizing jewish people on the other side.
yeah man go the jews...:rofl:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
It's not so much about whether they live in seperate little communities it's more about how well they do education wise, participation in civic life, employment rate and whether they are responsible for a level of crime that is disproportionate to their numbers in the community. It's no secret that the chinese, vietnamese, koreans, jews etc. do better on average at school, have a low rate of unemployment and they don't produce a high level of crime. They also participate positively in local politics. Plus their culture seems to mesh much more easily with western culture. They don't have really different cultural ideas on the role of women for example. I've never heard of any of the aforementioned groups asking for special laws to be put in place for them etc.
I would disagree with alot of what you said. Especially since there is alot of Muslim/Lebanse involvement in politics. (considering that only 1% of Australians are Muslim), I also don't agree with what you're saying about the Role of women in Islam. I admit that in certain muslim countries some peoeple can barely afford education, so they would choose to send the son to work instead of the daughter. It's just apart of regular compromise. It's not sexism, It's poverty. This doesn't exist in Australia, so quit blurting that crap. The number of Chinese Australians is much greater then the Lebanese Australians. (But still, there are many succesful muslim Australians, and there will be many more in the future.)

Optophobia

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Quit being a racist Jew, who's trying to stir up this type of Violence within Australia. (Three Jew's, and all three spreading the same racist Crap.)

We are yet to find a jew who call aussie girl sluts, gang rape girls in leb style(apparently), burned churches, smash cars all those racism are a result of your fellow muslims, not jews in australia. STOP REDHERRING. It is not jewish fault that you were treated badly. It is your fault. We don't see jewish people handing out pamphlets saying arabs have no rights to exist. We don't see Jewish people attacking cars or burning australian Flag. We don't see jewish people going to terrorist camp You are the one who love victimizing yourself so you can whine about it. Clean up your act in the society and get over it.
That's because Jews are typically from the richer and more powerful dispositions and so don't do such crimes. The muslim people who commit these crimes aren't rich and they aren't truly religious. The muslims are also marginalised at the moment. If jews were poor, marginalised and not strictly jewish (avoiding the true message of the religion) then they would do the same thing.
Jews are more likely to commit white collar crimes, like that fat dude who committed suicide a few months after being convicted for insider trading. Those of the upper classes who commit white collar crimes go about largely undetected, but does it make them any less of a criminal?

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
1) John Howard singled out a very small sect, and he emphasesed the small in that, of Muslim-Australians. He did this because their customs and traditions are far from those recognised by Australian society, as opposed to say that of the Jews, Hindus etc.

It's not his fault if it is this small sect of Muslim's that are getting media coverage if it so happens that it is this small sect that are extremists and terrorists? Watch the television and look how many of these terrorists are clouding their acts of violence in the name of Allah.

I've yet to find a muslim-Australian who doesn't speak English.
Look a little harder?

You automatically assume not speaking english will cause anti-Western violence?
Anti-Western hatred, or just a hatred of any race or principle is usually as a result of ignorance; if these people can't speak english, they can't understand our society, and therefore can come to hate it due to this ignorance.

Quit being a racist Jew, who's trying to stir up this type of Violence within Australia. (Three Jew's, and all three spreading the same racist Crap.)
My religion has no validity in this argument. :) Quit making debates personal in order to further your own arguments (or at least attempt to.)

John Howards, comments were racist
That's open to interpretation, or should I say miss-interpretation?

I don't agree to knowing Australian History upon entry
As above it removes some of the underlying ignorance that brings about hatred. It also provides a sense of nationalistic pride. There isn't much history they need to learn either :)

Aryanbeauty

HSC
ISLAMIC leaders are trying to gag Prime Minister John Howard from speaking out against Muslims who refuse to integrate, threatening that any criticism of their culture could lead to another race riot.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20331211-2,00.html

How dare they try to stop the Prime Minister from speaking the truth? It won't be long when ordinary australians speaking out against Islams have their throat slit with knives in broad daylight like in Netherlands unless Australians stand up against these kind of people. These kind of people who cannot stand any kind of criticism should never be allowed in Australia. They should live in a country where they can practise their stone age laws. They plead freedom of Speech/expression in preaching hatred against Christians/jews/americans/australians yet tried to deny the same rights to others who critisize them.:burn:

Optophobia

HSC
Meanwhile he's letting in record amounts of these people legitimately....

If he was sincere in what he said, i'd have no problem with him speaking his mind.

He says shit, people get hurt, he steals votes... and the beat goes on.

He's just trying to do his part to add fuel to the fire known as moral panic.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
What a typical, Ignorant, xenophobic Jew. Which muslim have you seen spreading hatred through 'freedom of speech'? When has this happened in Australia at a wide-scale? Infact it's the opposite of this, where the muslims are targeted (a tiny minority in Australia), most of which are good people who integrate with society and mingle with people of all walks of life.

They plead freedom of Speech/expression in preaching hatred against Christians/jews/americans/australians
Once again, this xenophobic Jew is trying to create a barrier between muslims and Australia. There is no barrier, I'm an Australian, born and bred, through and through. And I've never done anything which has spread hatred agains Christians, Americans, or my own fellow Aussies.

However, I have retaliated to the ignorance of Jews over the Internet and even in person. Why are you trying to create a Barrier? I'm a muslim and I am Australian also. They don't contradict each other, and this can be seen in the number of 'True Blue' aussie reverts. Islam practises modesty not sect. violence. Singling out the small minority who resort to these acts and then Judging the whole group based on this is 'discrimination'.

I just want to know where you fit in on this? Are you even Australian? Are you an American? Maybe you're an Israeli? (confused.)

Maybe you're just trying to spread violence and hatred within Australia. (I think so..)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I'm about to go out (It's Shabbat ;)) and will erply when I get home, but just out of curiosity, Sam. Who is the woman in the pictures of your signature?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Optophobia said:
Meanwhile he's letting in record amounts of these people legitimately....

If he was sincere in what he said, i'd have no problem with him speaking his mind.

He says shit, people get hurt, he steals votes... and the beat goes on.

He's just trying to do his part to add fuel to the fire known as moral panic.
I've got to say Optophobia, lately I've been agreeing with you almost 100% of the time. (But, I always thought you were a racist, perhaps I was wrong.) It's a typical way of winning an election, it's been done many times it's not creative. They make promises, they break them and then they try to make a positive out of it all. It happened with bush, he tried to turn the 'war on Iraq' as a victory, which I can't say it was.

They were safer under saddam hussein, (Bush, is under the illusion that close to 200 died daily under saddam.) There was one benefit to it though, taking the possibility of Saddam's children from being in the government away. (they were maniacs)

Crap, I got sidetracked...

Well, as I was saying, it's a common tactic used by politicians to win over the ballots. I truely thing that labour is the way to go this time around. (they need to their term).

-Keep up the positive attitude? :D

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
JaredR said:
I'm about to go out (It's Shabbat ;)) and will erply when I get home, but just out of curiosity, Sam. Who is the woman in the pictures of your signature?
Good Kid,
Well they're two different women who were fighting for independance and democracy in Lebanon. (Shortly after this protest syria left Lebanon, and Siniora, had more international support then ever, in clearing up all the International debt).

Edit: The one on the right is Christian.

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
sam04u said:
What a typical, Ignorant, xenophobic Jew. Which muslim have you seen spreading hatred through 'freedom of speech'? When has this happened in Australia at a wide-scale?
A Melbourne radical Islamic teacher last night described Osama bin Laden as "a great man" and declared he would be betraying his religion if he told students not to train in terrorist camps.
Abdul Nacer Benbrika, also known as Abu Bakr, said: "My religion doesn't tolerate other religion . . . Jihad is a part of my religion." link

Once again, this xenophobic Jew is trying to create a barrier between muslims and Australia

The barrier is already there, gleefully created by your own Islamic leaders like Sheik Mohammed Omran and Sheik Abdul Salam Mohammed Zoud.

I just want to know where you fit in on this? Are you even Australian? Are you an American? Maybe you're an Israeli?

No one cares what my citizenship or nationality is, I don't try to get attention by preaching violence or urge people to kill others. I lead a normal life and no one knows whether I am a foreigner or an australian because I integrate so WELL, unlike your kind of people who have been here for decades.

turtleface

HSC
What is wrong with bloody Israeli's/Jews/Zionists (whatever, I don't care about the differences) and bloody Muslims/Lebanese/Arabs/whatever (again I'm dumb and I don't know what the intricate differences are and I dont give a stuff)

Can't those freaking people just get alone, ffs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)