• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How's everyone coping? (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Don't worry Eat well, just put it behind you and work harder to get back into top 10!

(Easier said than done)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Just keep practicing with part B of the personality study - I hated it too at firsT, but after doing a few practice questions, I came up with a pretty solid method of approaching them with Speer. However, Speer is probably one of the easiest personalities.
Thanks enilogram, they are becoming slightly better :)

And eat_well, you can slay physics, I KNOW YOU CAN!

jenslekman

HSC
yeh thanks for understanding. what im saying is that i dont really have a passion into anything yet. im pretty sure lots of people are like me. anyways the point is im not coping well at all. i got 3 weeks to study for exams. study includes chem and phys assignments, chem and phys dot point notes, 3u and 4u maths past papers and eng practice essay. i have not completed any of them OMGGG HELP ME GUYS
yo jaechen i think i can help. pm me for free tutoring in maths phys chem english :)

and dont worry too much about the chem and phys dot points yo can just read the textbook instead of making notes :)

jaechen

HSC
yo jaechen i think i can help. pm me for free tutoring in maths phys chem english :)

and dont worry too much about the chem and phys dot points yo can just read the textbook instead of making notes :)
thanks jens for the tutoring offer but my teacher says we should utilise our school resources and tutoring really isnt neccesary. also, making notes is really effective for my learning style because it forces me to use my textbook (and other resources) and actually re-write summaries in my own words so im forced to learn it rather then just read it off and forget about it later. im sure u have ur own way of revising too just do what works for u :)

jenslekman

HSC
thanks jens for the tutoring offer but my teacher says we should utilise our school resources and tutoring really isnt neccesary. also, making notes is really effective for my learning style because it forces me to use my textbook (and other resources) and actually re-write summaries in my own words so im forced to learn it rather then just read it off and forget about it later. im sure u have ur own way of revising too just do what works for u :)
hope you solve your problems ^^

epicFAILx

HSC
Many assignments to do and an english exam coming up.......I am slowly becoming not bothered, but I know I must not give up. Ohhhh well... not long to go now.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Urgh had my modern test today...it wasn't too bad but I just feel I did better on all the practice Qs I did. (I did every past HSC question). Too bad it was some CSSA Qs >.<

I'm not going to whine or mope about it, I think I'll do fine but I'm just unhappy with the effort considering how much work I put in.

enoilgam

HSC
Urgh had my modern test today...it wasn't too bad but I just feel I did better on all the practice Qs I did. (I did every past HSC question). Too bad it was some CSSA Qs >.<

I'm not going to whine or mope about it, I think I'll do fine but I'm just unhappy with the effort considering how much work I put in.
Which question did you get?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL!

I had some of the best teachers, and the best teachers all advise that tutoring is an efficient and powerful way of preparing for your assessments. I owe a lot of my success to my tutors.

But yeah, it's a debate that's been done before =]

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
Eh, a little bit of stress building up but not to breaking point. I'm struggling with English(standard), I've received two 65%'s for my assessments and I'm not pleased with it at all :C I'm hoping to push it up to 75%+ since that's what I'd be happy with. I'm doing really well for my other subjects on the plus side of things. I'm not sure about getting a tutor, it's certainly a thought on my mind lately.

So-joo

HSC
I'm coping through procrastination... which makes my anxiety even worse.
I really should stop, but I can't. MY BODY WON'T LET ME.

nevilongbotom

HSC
I am stressed because i am a perfectionist and want to do really well. I Have been majorly stressed at different points but it just affects my results so i know i have to control it. I have had to find ways to calm down and just get through it. The most important being to put things in perspective, its not the end of the world, i dont need to take on everything, only what i need to succeed, and i need to be organised and have structure or my stress and anxiety turns into lack of concentration which turns into procrastination which turns into assessments not being as good as they could.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Had a titrations prac test the other day worth 25% :O I think I did ok...just glad I finished the test in time. Physics prac test next week and looming trials is starting to ramp up the stress a little now but otherwise coping good :)

eat_well

HSC
Had a titrations prac test the other day worth 25% :O I think I did ok...just glad I finished the test in time. Physics prac test next week and looming trials is starting to ramp up the stress a little now but otherwise coping good :)
Remember to read questions carefully in your physics prac. That's where I stuffed up. Don't screw up like me!! I've dropped from 8 to 20 from that one test so don't make the same mistake I did!!

flower3000

HSC
can't wait until everything is over, but so stressed over exams and prac tests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)