HPT Hazard Perception Test (1 Viewer)

Esrevinu

HSC
YES im a failure.
failed the stupid test like twice.

AND everytime i have, it keeps saying that i failed in

"deciding whether it is safe or not to take driving actions such as making turns at intersections or overtaking other vehicles"

from what ive read here, it seems i shouldn't press at all when turning EVEN if there's a massive gap. Cause thats what ive done, and i keep failing the stupid thing.

and i think i accidently pressed to overtake....

any other tips?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
YES im a failure.
failed the stupid test like twice.

AND everytime i have, it keeps saying that i failed in

"deciding whether it is safe or not to take driving actions such as making turns at intersections or overtaking other vehicles"

from what ive read here, it seems i shouldn't press at all when turning EVEN if there's a massive gap. Cause thats what ive done, and i keep failing the stupid thing.

and i think i accidently pressed to overtake....

any other tips?
there are times where you dont need to tap the screen at all such as when the truck is trying to turn left in an intersection and you are trying to go right.

Esrevinu

HSC
there are times where you dont need to tap the screen at all such as when the truck is trying to turn left in an intersection and you are trying to go right.
what are the time when i SHOULD press it.

yeah i accidently touched it when the truck is turning left...obviously failed that one.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder how old these tests are now... can't imagine they get updated that regularly.

hehe thank you :) im sooooooooo happy :D
what did you end up doing with your gf on friday?
haha sorry for slow reply! walked around shops, ate beef pho (and we both realised we really like this!), drove to rouse hill and walked around that area (really nice and peaceful at night), then met up with friends, and then ended up sitting at hungry jacks in air conditioned coolness for a while.

i know it sounds lame but it was a nice change from the usual eating at restaurants, movies or going to bars/clubs.

Last edited:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
..haha sorry for slow reply! walked around shops, ate beef pho (and we both realised we really like this!), drove to rouse hill and walked around that area (really nice and peaceful at night), then met up with friends, and then ended up sitting at hungry jacks in air conditioned coolness for a while.

i know it sounds lame but it was a nice change from the usual eating at restaurants, movies or going to bars/clubs.
least you both had fun, which counts :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
what are the time when i SHOULD press it.

yeah i accidently touched it when the truck is turning left...obviously failed that one.
As I said to emiliieee (congratulations by the way) there is a few threads where people have detailed when you should or shouldn't touch the screen - a quick search should turn them up. :)

You have to be pretty careful. I.e. the truck one you never turn right. Another is when you are going down a residential street you tap the mother pushing the pram or the children playing. When it's raining and you are wanting to turn right you either don't turn or wait for a very obvious gap.

Best of luck, I'd say it was just a case of nerves and touching to early. :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Umm when you press it it asks if you meant to.

Also it's really simple:
"When can I turn right?" - Never press it.
"When should I slow down?" - Press it straight away.

This really does work.

fallingstar

HSC
booked my HPT.
on the confirmation slip, it says I need to bring a completed licence application form. Is this needed for green P's? I thought it was only for L's. I can't remember bringing one for my red P's test.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I prefer to print it at home and fill it in beforehand :) But upto you. I don't like having to think about other things on the day.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Yay I passed mine today! 80% woot.

They really need to update this though, the graphics were so bad that it was hard to see whether the vehicles in front had their brake lights on, and one involving a U turn at night was IMPOSSIBLE to see anything but a few small white things that I assumed were headlights.

rox88

HSC
Woot got my green p's 1st go. Yer like people said, its fairly easy. Common sense.

Next to me there were two people failed their full license test 17x and the other person 4x @burwood rta.. omfg WOW

Btw thanks for all the tips ^_^

sweetjana

HSC
N/A
Omg this is basically waht i did , all the questions to turn right ,i did not press the button and when it asks me when to slow down i basically pressed it straight away ...this is the second time i did the test & still failed..........on the report i got it says that i shloould have looked out for hazards around me , but i remember not even passing any hazards on my test also tells me that i should slow down...but what the hell? I slowed down & pressed the button straight away .and failed.........I was so frustrated to fail ..i think there is something wrong with these stupid rta screens.....any other tips?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lol blame the screens, even though it asks you if you meant to press it and also confirms that you did not press it hahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)